Nerf Outing St. Paul and Minnesota

64 replies to this topic

#51 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

I've been thinknig about that too. I'd be willing to play rain or shine, if all of you guys are.
Here is the ten day forecast for the area: Partly cloudy, high temp of 83 degrees/ low temp of 71, 10% chance of precip. Which is almost exactly what the weather is like today. If it is like today it will be perfect, not too hot, not too cold. But just in case I'd like everyone to be prepared for rain.

#52 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

I would be willing to play in the rain. It would just be a little bit dirtier but the pics would be piss your pants funny (some guy holding a nerf gun and he is half covered in mud :P ) But I just asked cuz it had just started raining where I am. but if the weatherman is right it would be great

Also (alittle off the topic of the war) Carrtoon is there a pic of your multi barreld BBB that I could see? cuz im trying to put an at2k turrent on mine but im having trouble
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#53 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:02 PM

Also (alittle off the topic of the war) Carrtoon is there a pic of your multi barreld BBB that I could see? cuz im trying to put an at2k turrent on mine but im having trouble

Here is the link:
Semi-auto BBB

#54 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:40 PM

I tried fitting the gun with 2 NF springs, but they didn't fit. I ended up using the BBB spring and one NF spring. It still has a lot of kick. So much that it shattered the white plastic piece inside the gun. I replaced it with a metal washer and reinforced the plunger head with a metal screw. It's ready!
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#55 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:54 PM

:D Oh my goodness Im so excited only one week left!!! flaming hilt and I have been pulling all nighters getting our guns ready(a couple of our homemades are being a little bitchy but thats to be expected right) oh yea and if any of you havent pulled an all nighter modding nerf guns with some one else, you gotta try it sometime hilarious shit starts to happen like the spring popping out of your gun and hitting the other guy in the balls... :P good stuff good stuff
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#56 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

Yea... I'm just happy we were using the weak springs, and not the strong one. I just hope you don't aim like that during the war.

But dang I'm really dissapointed it leaks... *cries* so much time gone to waste...

Anyways, I have a definite 5 coming as of now. 5 is also the number of seats in my car, so I doubt there will be more. However, I have one person refusing to be around when I call him, and I think maybe I can get a passenger to drive him if he says he'll go. Otherwise, expect 5 from us (including Elf).
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#57 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

Just double checking, is there anyone near SE Minnesota that would like to carpool? I can drive or ride; it doesn't matter. Cheaper is better!
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#58 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:01 PM

Ok so heres who we have coming:
Flaming hilt & Elf_Avec_Gun + 3, possibly 4
Carrtoon+1 (right?)
Me+ 7 or 8
I still need to confim with Janga and his possbile 2.

#59 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:03 PM

What about LOTR is he not going to be coming?

Got Nerd?

#60 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:03 AM

What about LOTR is he not going to be coming?

Nope, work fucked shit up for me and I won't be able to make it. I told Sam that if you guys have some fall wars I can definitely make them since I'll be living in Minneapolis for college. Sorry guys. I'm really pissed about it too.

Anyways, have fun! It's good that MN finally has a larger-scale war going down. Keep the interest up in your groups and encourage more people to join in on the fun. Things like this grow, and soon we'll be having the Northern versions of Armageddon and YANO. And it's ok to schedule more than one big war too. It's too bad I can't make it this time, but I look forward to Nerfing with you guys in the future. Just get out and have a ball.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#61 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:49 AM

I'm gonna try to get a ride with Carrtoon up to the Twin Cities. I can have 1 or 2 friends in Minneapolis join in on the fun too.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#62 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:01 PM

Are their any games people for sure want to play? I know we will be playing CTF and Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, and Flaming Hilt wants to play Dodgeball. Any other games people want to play?

#63 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

Although it is already up there I really want to do team stuff and if there are enough people we should have several teams of 4.

Got Nerd?

#64 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

Ok sounds good. I don't think we could have more four teams, because of space issues, but we'll se what happens when we get there. We should have 8-10 from me, possibly more, then 8-9 from people not form the cities. So around twenty people.

#65 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

I vote if we play dodgeball, we use teams of two. And yes, ten team dodgeball would be amazing.

I have some bad news. As it ends up, everybody who said they could come had something come up. One has church, one has to do something for summer camp, one has a behind the wheel, one has a dentist appt., and one has a possessive father. No response from the backups yet but don't count on anything.

Looks like Elf and I will be the only two coming from our clan. Sorry guys.

EDIT: NVM! WoOt! The guy who had a behind the wheel says it's actually on Friday! We now have 3!

...lol...

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 27 July 2006 - 08:46 AM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users