Minnesota Nerf War: No Spam/spano

Nerf Outing St. Paul and Minnesota

64 replies to this topic

#26 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:13 PM

Hey, I've been wondering a few things. This may be my first nerf war and I don't know beans about them. Is there a guide somewhere that states how many stefans to bring, how many guns to bring, etc.? Thanks
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#27 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:05 AM

There are no guidelines unless they've been set by the warriors. I don't see any guidelines here, so I'd just bring your stock of stefans, and whatever guns you feel like bringing. We'll set limits up when we are there (I imagine Titans will be banned). I guess just use your own judgement.

Still no confirmed word from here yet. I'm going to shoot for 4-5 guys to come with. We'll see how that works out.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#28 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:01 AM

Just bring as many stefans as you have. As this is my first nerf war too, I'm not exactly sure how much you should bring. I'll bring one package of FBR worth of stefans plus some custom stock dart conversions, if that give you an indicator of how much to bring.

Yeah singled Titans are probably not a good idea. I'll allow LBBs, but if it makes the war become too stand-off-ish, I may limit them (like only one LBB per team or something like that).
Just to give you an idea, we've got a few SM1500, a few AT2Ks, a few DTGs,Lots of LBBs, Lots of BBBs, and then a bunch of pistols and such.

Also if you have guns, parts, anything like that, that you want to sell/trade/get rid of, bring it.
Anything else you guys need to know? Anyone get any more confirmations?

Edited by sam, 07 July 2006 - 03:46 PM.

#29 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:48 AM

I am pretty sure that I could come and i would have 5 to 10 guys with me too. I would just need to verify this with them and their parents. How many guns should we each bring (we prob. wont be selling any) just a main and a side arm? and are there any restrictions pertaining to homemades. Also are we definatly going to have team battles or will we also have free for all.
We should keep a tally of how many people are going to be coming.

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 11 July 2006 - 10:53 AM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#30 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:55 AM

I am pretty sure that I could come and i would have 5 to 10 guys with me too. I would just need to verify this with them and their parents. How many guns should we each bring (we prob. wont be selling any) just a main and a side arm? and are there any restrictions pertaining to homemades. Also are we definatly going to have team battles or will we also have free for all.
We should keep a tally of how many people are going to be coming.

Bring as many guns as you feel like, but I wont be lending out guns, so everyone needs to be able to get their own guns. I'd say at least a primary and a sidearm, but I'd bring two pistols for pistols only stuff. Oh i've also PM'd you.

Edited by sam, 11 July 2006 - 10:59 AM.

#31 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

Ok i will do that. And what of the tally? Also the list that I pmd to you was only of my guns the other guys have a bunch of night finders with built in pocket blasters in them, mavs, homemade sidearms, a lbb modded, and by then a few magstrikes and maybe a longshot if we can get our hands on some, but that isnt by any means a compleat list. we could also bring a bunch of stefans like two grocery bags or more depending on how many times we can get together. hows that sound?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#32 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:31 AM

Tally? I assume you mean total number of people. If everyone can come with the maximum number they said they could bring, we would have around 40 people, but that probably won't happen. I'd say something closer to 25-30, would be what to expect.

#33 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:41 PM

Sounds awesome. Is anyone bringing a video camera? I definately want to see some footage from this when we get back!

#34 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

I've got a really shity one, but a few friends have some good ones.
ANNOUNCEMENT: If anyone who is attending has a video camera, and can bring it, please do.
EDIT: I've got a really nice digital camera, that can record, but I would still like other people to bring one if they can, but I don't really want to be running around with a $1000+ camera.

Edited by sam, 11 July 2006 - 02:53 PM.

#35 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:24 AM

In case you guys wanted to find out what it is like to be hit by me I made this photo with my new brassed AT3K
Posted Image
And here it is from my point of view
Posted Image
And heres what it looks like taking a nap
Posted Image
Any new information? I've got my first comfimation from one of my guys, and I'm handing out the rest of the fliers today.

#36 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

As brought up by Carrtoon, I think that NO SPAM ( Nerf Outing St. Paul and Minnestoa) is a better name for this war, and I have changed the title accordingly.
Also anyone have any more confirmations? Need any more questions answered?

#37 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:37 PM

It's looking really good here. I'm also fixing up my 12 shot BBB. Fitting it with 2 of my NF springs and strengthening the plunger. With that and my DTG, I should be ready! Is the DTG considered a pistol? :w00t:

#38 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:09 PM

It's looking really good here. I'm also fixing up my 12 shot BBB. Fitting it with 2 of my NF springs and strengthening the plunger. With that and my DTG, I should be ready! Is the DTG considered a pistol? :w00t:

Hell No! Haha, but seriously, you have enough of an advantage all ready, I'm think about strapping two fat kids to slow you down. :P But all in good fun.
Yeah, anyway Since you have so many sweet guns, I'm going to ask you to bring a few, even if you don't plan on using them. Basically so I (and others) can see them. I'll send you a PM.

Edited by sam, 14 July 2006 - 05:10 PM.

#39 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:38 PM

:unsure: Guess what? I can't make it. Here's the story:

My parents have been all over me this summer to get a job. It was my last summer at home because I'm headed to college in the fall. I really wanted to have my summer free to not worry about getting work off for various events. I also didn't really want to work. It probably wasn't the best idea due to the fact that I'm tight on college funds. On top of that, my parents hate all of the time and money I spend on Nerf guns. We have scuffles just about every day about loans and such.

Anyway, today I went into town with my dad to the We-no-nah canoe factory because he does consulting work for them and I like to tag along. He jokingly asked one of his buddies, who is quite high up there, if he had any work for me for two weeks. The guy actually said yes, so I have an 8 hour weekday job for the next two weeks. That's great, but that means I can't get off work the 27th. Note that I'm not blaming my dad for this, it's my fault for not getting a job. Unless you can change to that Saturday, I can't go. I'm pretty sure you can't change. Sorry guys. Next time :unsure:

(I guess I'll have to track Janga down and nerf with him a bit ;) )

#40 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:36 PM

It isn't on the 27th. It's on the 29th, which is that saturday.
Oh and If you want to get your parents off your back a little bit, sell off some of the guns you don't like or don't use. I'm working on thinning down my arsenal, aswell.

#41 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:33 PM

:unsure: Oops! For some reason, my brain said it was the 27th... I'll see you there!!!

#42 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:41 PM

Thank goodness. I was getting worried for a second. I haven't pulled a kidnapping in yuears and wasn't sure I'd still be able to do it :unsure:
Are you still bringing your friend?

#43 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:43 PM

Hehe. Not sure. I haven't talked to him about it, but he can usually get off work on Saturdays.

I was really worked up last night because I thought I couldn't go. Back to modding!

#44 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

Please yes! The more the merrier! : oD

And I just want to see all your amazing mods...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#45 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:53 PM

Please yes! The more the merrier! : oD

And I just want to see all your amazing mods...

I second that!!!

Got Nerd?

#46 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:59 PM

I just finished updating my 12 shot BBB. It now shoots 15 shots without misfiring. I hope to use my BBB, Red DTG, long distance NF, UK crossbow, and the crossbow, if I can think of something crazy to do with it. I've attempted a crazy mod to my singled at3k, but it isn't going very well. I may bring it just for kicks. I'll have to refurbish the nitemav because after a while, the foam seal gets worn out, but it should be presentable by the war. Any others you'd like to see? Ompa, are you going to make it? I'd love to see that awesome homemade pistol!

#47 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:20 PM

Ompa! Yeah, I'd love to see Ompa come too. Nothing I can think of at the moment for you to bring, but I'll let you know in a bit.

#48 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

Unfortunately I can't. However, assuming the next east coast war doesn't fall on a test date, you'll probably see a video of at least the NEAR in action.

I will eventually make it out to a midwest war one of these days, but I still need to follow my parents wishes, and I doubt they would allow me to head out there. That SHOULD change next summer when I'm back here, but I can't garuntee anything. For now, East Coast is where I'll probably end up.

~ompa

#49 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

Well, your welcome to come over here a nerf with us any time ompa.
Carrtoon, did you spring mod your BBB with two of your NFs springs like you talked about?

Well back on topic, anyone have any updates or questions?

#50 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

Will we play rain or shine? -_- Do we have a fall back plan if it rains? :o Cuz it looks like it will either be really humid or rain if it is following the current weather patterns... :(

Got Nerd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users