August YANO Planning Thread

Silly Rabbit, Armageddon's once a year

66 replies to this topic

#26 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 03:02 PM

this sucks... I thought that it was going to be one the 9th. My friend from Northern California would be able to go is it was on the 9th. But now he can't. This sucks...

If I do go I will probably bring 2-3 people. Don't count on me being there though...

Just assume that I might make it...
My children...They beat me...

...with sticks and buckets.

My wife...she is hairy...

...like sasquatch.

#27 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:31 AM

I'm affraid the SM crew is no more, with Ozzy stoned out, Goo stranded in Texas, my Bro lazy, and Barney/nick/nick/paul putting their: 'band' first-- means that Im the only one left, and i have no vehical to drive, plus i was only available for the 9th, im out of town for the rest of the month. Oh well.

Nerf has lost one of its factions :ph34r:
~SS

#28 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 06:31 PM

Wow, that sucks. Like, hard. When are you getting a car? You need to get a car so you can come nerf with us. You also need to quit all of your extracurricular activities so you can be available more often.

Nice to see everyone from the SM crew being their normal selves.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#29 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:14 PM

This is your sub-three-week reminder... we war on the 30th!
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#30 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 03:00 PM

what time? and is it in the same place

...like sasquatch.

#31 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 03:07 PM

AFAIK it will be 10am-6pm (8 hours), and it will definately be at the same place.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#32 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:18 PM

cool
;)

...like sasquatch.

#33 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:35 PM

Same time... 9:00-5:00

Same place.

Same ass kicking.

#34 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 01:15 AM

Right. 9-5. Just like I said. Err.....yeah.

#35 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:03 PM

alright! less than 3 weeks before you all feel the pain of crossbow refurbishment via steel re-enforcement. whahaha, and i'll have my LnL ready. and i will have gotten back from my cross country training in mammoth...i'll be SUPERMAN!

this ^ almost garantees my demise...oh well.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#36 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:18 PM

Oh no, I personally guarantee your demise!

#37 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 01:33 PM

Can you not shoot me this time, Ray? It really hurts when you do that. ^_^
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#38 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 03:45 PM

Can you shoot me next time Ray? It really hurts when you do that. It hurts so good....

I've been working out 4 days a week for 90 mins a day for 6 weeks now. I'm trying to get back into shape (muscular and cardiovascular), and I'm doing pretty well so I should be able to keep up with you hyperactive 10 year olds a little better this time. I'm going to be so freakishly huge by next Armageddon that I'm going to nerf shirtless so you all will be able to cower in fear at the sight of my bronzed, sculpted body. Merely by flexing my pectoral muscle I'll be able to deflect a dart back at the shooter at twice the original velocity.

#39 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 04:04 PM

I finally found some brass. When I asked the people at Ace if they had it, they were clueless, those fucking inbred hick bastards! It's not even a real Ace Hardware, it's Hank's Ace Hardware. Who the fuck does Hank think he is? Anyways, I found not just a couple peices, but a fucking display of it. They have so many sizes, yet no 17/32. I picked up a lot though, and I'm thinking about using 3/8" stefans with these three sizes of that should work perfectly for it. I'm gonna pick up some 3/8" later today, it should be good stuff. The only thing I'm worried about is that my crossbow is going to be too powerful for the 3/8" but that's not a bad thing. I'll just give them some good weight, maybe small fishing weights, and perhaps not put so many bands on. I also picked up a nice alluminum peice that fits airsoft BB's perfectly. Let's see, me with a airsoft modded Rapid Fire 20, vs my friend with a springer pistol. Muahahaha.

#40 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:46 PM

cower in fear at the sight of my bronzed, sculpted body.

It's not even a real Ace Hardware, it's Hank's Ace Hardware. Who the fuck does Hank think he is?

You guys made my fucking day with those comments.

Shit.

Listen to me, I'm like Happy Smurf or something.

#41 mr box

mr box

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:34 AM

Sounds like moderate fun...and I'll have my own guns to throw around, no worries there.
"Oh and Box, you have quoted me incorrectly so fix your sig!"
~Spoon

#42 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:56 AM

It's already the 13th and I still have yet to mass produce darts... I'm semi-screwed.
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#43 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 01:03 AM

It's already the 13th and I still have yet to mass produce darts... I'm semi-screwed.

I don't think I've ever made darts more than a few days before a war. If you were smart, you'd make these really cool darts with bright green tips. Then use them in a really loose fitting copper barrel. They are sweet!

#44 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 02:56 AM

Do these green tips glow in the dark... 'cuz that would be bitchin'!
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#45 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 09:45 AM

If you were smart, you'd make these really cool darts with bright green tips. Then use them in a really loose fitting copper barrel. They are sweet!

steve + toj + FBR + green paint = the worst stefans ever made
(even worse than jon's darts)

where is that jon anyway? he needs an asskicking or two and a few toolboxes by my last count.

#46 mr box

mr box

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 02:16 PM

Fuck darts. No one has my backer rod, so I'm gonna play with what I have until I run out and then mod my guns for brass. Crappiness.
"Oh and Box, you have quoted me incorrectly so fix your sig!"
~Spoon

#47 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 10:57 PM

less than 10 days away. i'm going to have my new spring in my xbow, and a brassed LnL by the time the 30th comes around, most definately. i really wish i could have come to SDNO, but family vacation called. i hope you guys wont be too tired to have fun next saturday.

umm...my head count is: int(rnd*5 + 1)
so, somewhere between me and me + 4

#48 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 11:40 PM

T minus 4 days and counting...

Time to seed your rnd func, Ray.

I think this is where I'm supposed to say...

Headcount?

#49 nofxr

nofxr

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:08 AM

hey, didnt know you had monthly wars until i read this post.. couldnt find the location of YANO though. Is it in california? I'm in washington so i might be able to drive down there for it. Perhaps not this month because 3 days probably isnt enough time for the dart making and whatnot.. but next month I hope. perhaps i'll even be a few guns happier by then. ^_^

#50 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 10:56 AM

YANO (bi-monthly) and Armageddon (annual, in the summer) are both held in Irvine, California. It's about 40 minutes South-East of Los Angeles.

Mapquest tells me it would be a 19 hour drive from the Seattle area so you can adjust acordingly from where you live. You wouldn't get the record for longest journey to a SoCal war but I think you'd win in the longest road trip category.

The next YANO will be in October, let me know if you're serious about driving down and want help with directions, things to do while here, places to stay, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users