Next Yano

I'm sad I had to do this

63 replies to this topic

#26 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:53 PM

Okay, Sunday 2/26 it is. 10-5, lunch at 1ish. Mix of 5-hit and CTF dictated by the location. Pistol war a possibility so bring your springers.

I don't intend to bring the pyramids from armageddon because... they kind of sucked. Can you post the actual address of the place?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#27 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:04 PM

Found it in the original CAFF thread:

The address is not definite, but go to http://maps.google.com/ and type in

E. Leadora Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741

Follow Leadora to the left (west) to the corner of Leadora and Live Oak.  That is where the school is.  There is a nice-sized circle drive with a parking lot on the Live Oak side of the corner.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#28 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:25 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding. The 26th is a go. I'll see who else I can bring. See you guys there!
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#29 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

This is what googlemaps will show you. The place that the above adress puts you at is the red arrow-bubble thingy in the top right of the picture. The area circled in red towards the left of the pic is the circle drive/parking lot where we'll meet. The dark blue=urban area, light blue=basketball courts, purple=playground, & yellow=the adjacent park. If you come late, check all of those places before you decide that we're not there... somebody will be at one of them, even if we're out to lunch (I usually pack a lunch so we don't have to pack up all our crap. I stay behind and watch the crap & do dart sweeps.)

Posted Image

EDIT: Good to hear.

It's looking like we'll have roughly 20 people showing up.

Bags, quick question... Is the gf actually going to nerf (as she appears on the warring members list) or is she just going to shoot my team with spare NF's at the crap table trying to distract us during endless CTF rounds again?

Not that I really care, because the distractions didn't work until that cider bottle exploded...lol good times...but I was just curious if she was seriously considering participating. If not, I'm sure she'll find some entertainment; mine'll be there too.

Edited by Falcon, 31 January 2006 - 05:38 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#30 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:06 PM

Bags, quick question... Is the gf actually going to nerf (as she appears on the warring members list) or is she just going to shoot my team with spare NF's at the crap table trying to distract us during endless CTF rounds again?

She's an oficial Warring Member, and she's got you in her crosshairs.

#31 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

Why does that not surprise me?

Honestly, what do I do to get everyone to come after my ass at these things? I'm gonna have to borrow Speed's spare Powerclip if this keeps up...

Crosshairs of what sort of gun? Please tell me she won't be using the SecretShot when you've got the xbow...

That's a dangerous combination...pink-loving 20~ish-year-olds who love dressing up their chihuahuas running errant with an ubermified Secret Shot..? *shudders* the carnage...

Oh, and tell her I apologize in advance, but if any darts I shoot at her happen to go down her shirt, I'll pretend it was as accident...*whistles*

Honestly, it probably will be. I'm not going to be purposefully aiming at your girlfriend's chest. But so help me, if that woman ballshots me...

Edited by Falcon, 31 January 2006 - 08:44 PM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#32 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:57 PM

Why does that not surprise me?

Honestly, what do I do to get everyone to come after my ass at these things?

I feel your pain, that's kinda how i felt at fall CAFF...

Crosshairs of what sort of gun?  Please tell me she won't be using the SecretShot when you've got the xbow....

She's got a UBS 2k and a minimized Old edition NF, so she'll be pwning(whatever that means) from farther away than if she had the SS2.

Oh, and tell her I apologize in advance, but if any darts I shoot at her happen to go down her shirt, I'll pretend it was as accident...*whistles*

You better not have to pretend, or your ass is grass, and i won't be the one making it so...

But so help me, if that woman ballshots me...

You will roll around in pain and cry... I know...

muhahahaha...

#33 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:13 PM

You better not have to pretend, or your ass is grass, and i won't be the one making it so...

Honestly...I'm not going to be purposefully aiming at your girlfriend's chest.

She won't be the one making it so either, by the way...Katie'll take care of that.

Now, about this:

She's got a UBS 2k and a minimized Old edition NF, so she'll be pwning(whatever that means) from farther away than if she had the SS2.

"I'M GONNA DIE!!!  :w00t: "

Ouch...this is gonna be interesting. Is it Doomcookie she's carrying, or just another Doomieclone?

Edited by Falcon, 31 January 2006 - 09:16 PM.

----------||||||||)

#34 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

"I'M GONNA DIE!!!:w00t: "

Ouch...this is gonna be interesting. Is it Doomcookie she's carrying, or just another Doomieclone?

It's a clone of doomcookie but it's getting a unique nickname because it has a new paint style in comparison to the other doomcookies that is far more complex. I mention it in the sexbow2.0 thread in response to piney's question.

-bags

#35 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

I love west coast trash talk. It reminds me of the days when the Jersey people weren't too lazy to check the forums.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#36 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:36 AM

So I know I always say I'll go, and I know I never do. So this time I'll say I'm not going and probably show up.

1 or 2 possible guests.

#37 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:47 AM

I love west coast trash talk. It reminds me of the days when the Jersey people weren't too lazy to check the forums.

Then you're going to LOVE Armageddon next summer...

*reminisces about something regarding Cxwq, Spoon, somebody's mom, and voice-overs...*

lol...good times
----------||||||||)

#38 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:05 AM

Bags, quick question...  Is the gf actually going to nerf (as she appears on the warring members list) or is she just going to shoot my team with spare NF's at the crap table trying to distract us during endless CTF rounds again?

Not that I really care, because the distractions didn't work until that cider bottle exploded...lol good times...but I was just curious if she was seriously considering participating.  If not, I'm sure she'll find some entertainment; mine'll be there too.

Ah, good times with that... 'cept now we can actually shot her without getting a ball-shot... I hope...

Too bad Sasquatch and I can't make it; stupid leadership-thingy! Looks like it'll be a blast.

...you should hear them at it; nothing's funnier than a nerd fight, complete with NERF guns and "Your Mom" jokes, lol
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#39 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:28 AM

now we can actually shot her without getting a ball-shot...

Maybe YOU can...
----------||||||||)

#40 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

now we can actually shot her without getting a ball-shot...

Maybe YOU can...

Only if I dodge

But on those lines, maybe Dorito could?
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#41 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

Only because he doesn't have balls...

But enough of this jibber-jabber. I'll have a dozen or so trash cans the day of for molding the grounds to our liking.

If you feel so possessed that you would like to bring some empty full-size trash cans to use as immobile cover, feel free to do so. But 12 trash cans is typically enough. We don't want the place to start looking like the inside of Lazerstar, with 50 billion black pylons all over the place (though that'd be so badass...)
----------||||||||)

#42 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:30 PM

Well, sorry that I checked so late. But no way me and Dan can make it. Sorry. Sundays don't work for me. Thats the day I work till 2ish andand Daniel works from 12 to 2ish. Sorry, Have fun without us.

#43 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

Awww dangit.

And you're the one who made the thread, too.

I promise you this, we're scheduling Spring CAFF around you two...
----------||||||||)

#44 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

Well, sorry that I checked so late. But no way me and Dan can make it. Sorry. Sundays don't work for me. Thats the day I work till 2ish andand Daniel works from 12 to 2ish. Sorry, Have fun without us.

That sucks. I'd consider a different weekend except that I just realized that *all* my saturdays are out for the next seven weeks. Next YANO...

#45 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:18 PM

All of your Saturdays are out for the next seven weeks? Ouch.

Steph and I will definitely be there. Matt Kashuba isn't coming back this semester so he's out. I'll see if Hubbard can come.

In other news.....Steph and I will take on any other Guy+Girlfriend team and will kick their ass.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#46 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:03 AM

Talk to bags. And I don't doubt it. Just shoot some of your pink stefans (I saw you buying some foam from Cx at the last YANO) by his girlfriend. She's obsessed with pink. She'll go running after them, and you can sweep in and take them out, no problem.

As for us, she's there to take pictures. If you see her pick up a quadded 2k, it's because there's this one annoying girl who invites herself to these things who follows me everywhere...that's what the 2k is there for.

Now, you can tryk, but I've tried already to convince her to join. It's just not her thing. Maybe steph and pinky can convince her...
----------||||||||)

#47 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:11 PM

In other news.....Steph and I will take on any other Guy+Girlfriend team and will kick their ass.

Are you calling us out Mr. Spoon? you guys use 3ks right? so we've got a little range on you... but you have alot more experience, I guess we'll have to join Falcon's " ;) I'm Gonna Die!!!" club...

Talk to bags.  And I don't doubt it.  Just shoot some of your pink stefans by his girlfriend.  She's obsessed with pink.  She'll go running after them, and you can sweep in and take them out, no problem.

now now I won't have any finger pointing... pink ammo will not distract her, pink FBR isn't pink enough.

Now, you can tryk, but I've tried already to convince her to join.  It's just not her thing.  Maybe steph and pinky can convince her...

Who knows? pistol round perhaps?

-bags

Edited by baghead, 05 February 2006 - 09:11 PM.

#48 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

I guess we'll have to join Falcon's " :w00t: I'm Gonna Die!!!" club...

It's the new "hip" thing. Everybody's doing it...

Actually, she might for a pistol round. Might... She's just not one for a very high pain tolerance. Which is fine by me. More pictures, right?

Oh, and is anybody bringing a video camera? If julie or somebody wants to bring a camera and then send the video files over to me or something, I'd be willing to put together a video... When she put together the 2005 Spring CAFF video, she said it'd be her last for awhile, and Bags has been sorta busy lately (I think...). But I have nothing better to do.

What sort of memory card/stick do you guys's video cameras take? If it's the kind I have, I could bring my 512 MB card and we could use that, then I could just take it home with me...

We'll see.
----------||||||||)

#49 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:56 AM

What sort of memory card/stick do you guys's video cameras take? If it's the kind I have, I could bring my 512 MB card and we could use that, then I could just take it home with me...

I wasn't aware that there were video cameras that used flash memory for anything but stills. How much video can you get on half a gig?

My camera is mini-DV. At this point I'm not sure if Julie will be coming or not.

#50 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:09 AM

Well, I don't know either. I don't own a camera. So I really have no idea what they use for memory...

Whatever. If she comes, videos, and wants to pass off the duties of putting the thing together, I'll do it. If not, no big deal.

We'll see what happens.
----------||||||||)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users