Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Homemade spring/plunger powered handgun

167 replies to this topic

#51 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:22 AM

Bolt, can you travel to Taiwan and do a 3DBBQ collab already? That would maple my syrup on Ronster's pancakes.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#52 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:00 PM

Too bad the gun isn't magazine fed like the FAR
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#53 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:39 PM

Too bad the gun isn't magazine fed like the FAR

Then it would be the FAR

BTW: Very nice job Boltsniper, simply amazing.

Edited by Nerferc, 08 October 2005 - 02:40 PM.

Eagles may fly, but weasels don't get caught in jet engines.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

Formerly known as Nerfnoobc.

#54 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:57 PM

Acording to the scematics drawing the seal on the plunger is e tape. But in the pics in the first post it looks like a o ring. Witch is it?

#55 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:27 PM

It's an o-ring. He uses black some other palces besides e-tape.

#56 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:02 PM

Whats the parts price you paid?

You bash everyone else for stupid questions so pay attention I already asked that question and got an answer. Read the whole topic before jumping to a post.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#57 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:11 PM

Incredible job yet again, Evan. I swear, soon as this semester is done (I'm a senior in high school so colleges would be pretty much set) I'll get started on all the shit I have lined up to finish, half of which is from you.

~ompa

#58 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:17 PM

Whats the parts price you paid?

You bash everyone else for stupid questions so pay attention I already asked that question and got an answer. Read the whole topic before jumping to a post.

Actually I skimed through and didnt see, relax. I only say that when the persons answer is in the original post. It's not like it was asked a hundred times either, I would have seen.

Edited by NinjZ, 08 October 2005 - 07:22 PM.

#59 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:07 PM

Yeah that's an O-ring. And the spring looking thing is a spring....not E-tape. I guess I should say something like "all horizontal black lines are E-tape"

I started work tonight on 3 more pistols. Two of them I am going to post on ebay for anyone to grab. I also drew up some plans for a rifle using the same type of triggerplunger setup. It will end up being a lot like a crossbow. I don`t know when I`ll get to that. Give me a week or so for the pistols.

#60 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:48 PM

I think I'll have a go at the ebay one, providing my parents arent mean about it.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#61 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:19 PM

To make that catch mechanisim did you have to cut that shape out of aluminum?
And what do you think would be required to take this design and make a clip for it?
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#62 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:24 PM

Yes, that is cut out of plate aluminum. Not hard. Just time with a drmel cut off wheel. You could probably use plastic but I`d be worried about wear over time. I wanted the system to be as robust and reliable as possible that's why I went with metal to metal.

It would be pretty hard to put a magazine on a gun this size given the size of the darts. To retain a pistol sized weapon you`d probably have to resort to a turret style like the AT2K etc. You could always use the same system and scale it up to rifle size then you would have plenty of room for a magzine system of some sorts.

#63 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:59 PM

What is the black curvy part of the trigger made of?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#64 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

What is the black curvy part of the trigger made of?

PVC I think.
Eagles may fly, but weasels don't get caught in jet engines.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

Formerly known as Nerfnoobc.

#65 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, it's PVC. It's actually a section of 1/1/4" PVC and 1/1/4" coupler glued together to give it some thickness.

I repainted the pistol today. I wasn`t satisfied with the orginial paintjob. The finish of the PVC was rough where I didn`t have fine enough sandpaper before I painted it initially. The base coat is satin black krylon fusion. the top coat coat is flat black testors. It looks much better now I think:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:32 PM

I already have most of the required stuff for building one of these, might have to get some new Dremel bits though. What I'm worried about is the spring. Will I be able to find a spring in the hardware store that will work for this project once the writeup is done? Is it possible to buy an AR15 spring online for this project, or is that illegal because it's a piece of a real rifle (I don't own any real firearms)?
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#67 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:07 PM

Ar15 springs can be bought online I'm pretty sure. You might have to be 18 to order one though, nothing your parents couldn't do.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#68 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:14 PM

It's a spring. You aren`t going to be killing anyone with a spring. There are no age requrements. There are many sites that sell the springs alone.

Here are a few:
Wolff Springs
Brownells
Keystone
Midway

#69 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like it won't cost an arm and a leg, either.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#70 foamsmith

foamsmith

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

Hey bolt, nice work! I especially like how you make your guns look externally, using essentially pvc.

Take it or leave it, but I've got a small suggestion. Replace the 1/16" aluminum handle on the caulking mechanism with a cpvc end cap, or properly trimmed cpvc coupler. This could be painted as well.

Edited by frank8715, 09 October 2005 - 10:05 PM.

formerly frank8715

#71 VGN

VGN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

Wow. Just wow. ALL HAIL THE HOMEMADE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The founder of the NNN!
Behold!

#72 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:28 PM

Take it or leave it, but I've got a small suggestion. Replace the 1/16" aluminum handle on the caulking mechanism with a cpvc end cap, or properly trimmed cpvc coupler. This could be painted as well.

Ii`m sorry, but I don`t have the slightest idea to what you are talking about. Please try and explain it a little better.

#73 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:30 PM

He means the thing that you pull back to cock, the metal ring thing. But I don't see how an endcap will help, it will only be harder to grab onto. Btw, I liked the old paintjob better.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#74 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:35 PM

Ahh, I see now. It was the aluminum part that got me. That's stell music wire. I kept trying to relate what he was saying to the aluminum in the trigger mechanism and it jsut made no sense.

I like the wire loop. It's very easy to grab to cock the gun. A endcap would work but it may be hard to cock. It takes a substantial force to cock the gun. It would probably be hard on the fingers if you didn`t have something substantial to grab on to.

#75 foamsmith

foamsmith

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:11 PM

Sorry about the confusion. Yeah, I meant the wire loop. It was the diagram on page 4 that gave me the aluminum name.

I'll just leave it at this. I've done similiar things to a couple of my modded Nerf spring pistols, and have not had any touble whatsoever in caulking them.
Posted Image
Your hand should catch on the lip of the endcap, easily keeping it from sliding off.

Edited by frank8715, 09 October 2005 - 11:12 PM.

formerly frank8715

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users