College Football

41 replies to this topic

#26 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

College football! Fuck yea!

NAVY's obviously my team... We could be undefeated right now, but we dropped those games to UMD and Stanford early, both games we definitely were in the right spot to win... (UMD has 4th and 7, and somehow 3 guys miss a tackle and they get the first down... WTF?!)

But something sweet that y'all should check out is sprint football. Division 1 varsity intercollegiate football with a 172 lb. weight limit... Yeah its so average-sized guys like me who never thought they'd get a shot at college ball can play, and believe me the quality of the football played is jsut as good, and much faster than the "big boys" game because the linemen move just as fast as the backs!

Either way I play offensive and defensive line for NAVY's sprint team. and we're currently undefeated and on our way to another league championship.

Posted Image

That's me after we beat Army 33-3 in the pride bowl.

Either way... Football is pretty much the greatest single thing on God's green earth, and don't any of you forget it!
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#27 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:21 PM

That's pretty badass. Something I might do when I'm in college beacause I'm of a small stature.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#28 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:08 AM

That does sound like an awesome idea. That way, first of all, everyone is faster. I think that makes for an exciting game. Also positions will be distributed based more on raw talent as opposed to size factors (which do play into talent, but in an unfair way. Of course the eight foot tall guy with a twelve inch hand-span is going to be the wide reciever, but he hardly tries).

#29 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:51 AM

That's pretty badass. Something I might do when I'm in college beacause I'm of a small stature.

Good Luck finding it, there are only about 6 schools that still have it. I know Army and Navy have it plus a couple Ivy League schools, but it is not a common thing in college athletic programs.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#30 L t

L t

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:40 PM

Bama all the way. 7-0 about to be 8-0.

Edited by L_t, 26 October 2005 - 04:41 PM.

#31 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:42 PM

Good Luck finding it, there are only about 6 schools that still have it. I know Army and Navy have it plus a couple Ivy League schools, but it is not a common thing in college athletic programs.

Yeah the league's real small right now... there used to be more teams but a lot of schools dropped their teams in the past few years for various reasons aka budget problems and/or title IX. Either way I didn't know about sprint football until my junior year in high school, but I'm so glad I found out about it.

However VMI just started a team this year, so at least the league's growing bit by bit.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#32 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:59 AM

Well, Thanks to Louisville beating Pitt last night, the only other team in the Big East who has even the most remote chance to take #1 in conference away from West Virginia is the......Ruters.

#33 frenzybob3

frenzybob3

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:16 PM

College football, wow this year my college football team was overrated: Iowa Hawkeye’s. They were ok this year, but the thing that killed them this year was that their whole defense line graduated last year. Iowa's football should be better next year.

-Jake
Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog.

Duh im gangster just look at my nerf gun.

#34 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:58 PM

I'm going to the Rutgers game tomorrow. And of course... they're going to dominate *coughsyracuscough*.

Scarlet Knights rock my socks.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#35 ronoc

ronoc

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:31 PM

u know what nodredame kicks
ronoc_#19

#36 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:36 PM

u know what nodredame kicks

It's Notre Dame. I've already told you what I want to say, so you can find my previous post to you and read it.

In other news, last night was probably the worst night ever. I screamed my head off for three and a half quarters and spent the final minutes sitting in my seat with my head in my hands. Miami has arguably the best defense I have ever seen. They were all over us like shit on flies. I'm talking they found a ways to wreck the offensive line, double (and sometimes triple) cover the receivers, and cause turnovers. I've never seen such speed. We committed six turnovers last night after only making 7 in the previous 8 games combined.

College Gameday was awesome. I didn't get on TV, but if you were watching, I was right next to the Jackass with the Penn State sign. The cameras came to me close, but I'm not sexy enough to compete with girls with pom poms. :D

There go my hopes of a National Championship trophy in Blacksburg come January...
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#37 the56ace

the56ace

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:43 PM

Its all about the u

#38 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:48 PM

Its all about the u

You know, Lee Corso said the same thing while giving his prediction for the game on National Television. As I recall, the crowd gave him the bird.

By the way, punctuation is a wonderful thing.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#39 the56ace

the56ace

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:51 PM

But what did they do they what they won.

#40 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

Still waiting for positive consistency in the University of Arizona's team. Stoops was supposedly going to turn our team around two years ago and I'm still waiting. However, I think now our back-up QB is our new primary, we will have a great offense. I'm still surprised we blew out UCLA (whose ranked 5th in the nation) last night. 52-14 I do believe.

#41 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:30 PM

All I have to say about my team is... 62-0 shut out against Baylor. Need I say more? In all honesty it will probably be Texas and USC in the rosebowl. So I'm taking opinions now. Who is the better team?
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#42 jamesmiller

jamesmiller

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:22 AM

Well, VT is the only one who's beaten the Mountaineer's, but both teams are still great. I think they each have one loss now.

Oh yea, I think USC is better, they've benn on a roll for years.

Edited by jamesmiller, 12 November 2005 - 09:23 AM.

The one, The only............... 10 YEAR OLD NINJA!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users