Photo

Firefly Not A Pistol?

I'm asking you

37 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the firefly considered a pistol or not? (95 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the firefly considered a pistol or not?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:15 PM

The generall outline of what is considered a pistol is a spring powered blaster that muzzle loads and has a barrel no longer than 3.5". High powered springers that have been modified to load in this manner despite having enough power to use a barrel 6" or longer do not qualify.

There, now you've got official sounding rules that convieniently encompas TTGs, NFs, and LnLs, and nothing else. Unless you want to single barrel mod a firefly, which would be more or less pointless when nightfinders are still available.

Edited by Langley, 18 October 2005 - 03:17 PM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#27 underservice

underservice

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:46 PM

Im buying a FF in like 2 days, i have looked at many pics of it and it seem way too big to be a pistol† ^_^ . BTW: I just modded a Nite Finder and a Mav.
Mav: Turned into a M4 like rifle
NF: Turned into a modern shotgun with a mini magazine.

Well I'm sorry to be a rat but, weren't you banned?

Hey there, didn't I tell you not to post anymore?

Account Suspension Notification

zAnG,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended, primarily for being a dumbass. Sadly, you will now plague NHQ like nerf sin and fastkill and a bunch of other losers who can't seem to get themselves banned there no matter how much they try. I feel sad for the other residents of that fine community but at the same time hold hope that you may push them to a psychotic break and cause a totalitarian shift in their governance. Cheers.

Your account will not be functional until Jan 21 2033, 12:26 PM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Yeah YOU were banned.

EDIT: Oops, sorry I forgot to check the post date, my bad.

Edited by underservice, 18 October 2005 - 03:53 PM.

The matrix is real...

#28 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

I perfer to think of the Firefly as a battle rifel than a pistol. If you think it is a pistol, than ya better get a firefly to see how big it is to a Mavrick.

Ya I bought it, and I Have it clipped on my mav, I was thinking rangewise when I made the topic. No more posts needed it`s not a pistol Mod can close this if they want to feel importent ;) lol

Edited by nerfisfun, 18 October 2005 - 09:37 PM.

QUOTE ( N-Strike agent 007)
† You posted a link to the forum rule in my thread and I nearly threw my computer out the window. Thats like giving some one a demerit in school and not telling them why just handing them a list of rules because you are TO LAZEY to tell them why.

#29 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:20 AM

If you naturally shoot a firefly with more than one hand itís not a pistol. It has a stock, pistols don't have stocks. Ninjz, I mean no disrespect but its not a pistol.

I would agree with the first statement (though I've yet to find a nerf gun with a trigger that I use more than one hand to fire). However, the second statement is simply false. Machine pistols (though not the finest idea in firearm technology) regularly have stocks. For exampl, Berretta manufactures an auto version (of their 93r I believe), that comes swith a folding stock. Now if you want to argue that Nerf pstols are different, and do not come with stocks, then I would draw your attention to my first set of perentheses.

VACC

#30 N-strike agent 007

N-strike agent 007

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:10 PM

I don't think it is a pistol. Mine has a longer range than my maverick and it has 8 shots. It is also a little to big for a pistol. Of course i'm just a beginner.

#31 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:58 PM

WAIT! A point which will nail us all:
In a nerf war or in the world of firearms when we say pistol we think sidearm SIDEARM! which are supposed to be drawn if your weapon fails or if your out of ammo or if your in close quarters.
In a Nerf battle I hardly ever draw my sidearm Dude imagine this:
man walks through door .
man pops out of the corner.
your powerclip fails.
you draw a firefly....?\

sounds a bit unethical right?

Edited by joeyaglr444, 20 October 2005 - 09:59 PM.

Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#32 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:05 PM

Yep, drawing a firefly is sooo immoral. But on a more on topic point joeyaglr has a good point, a side arm is a far better choice of term for what has in this thread been refered to as a pistol.

#33 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

In NERF a pistol can be a primary. I usually use two SFs. No need for a sidearm since I'm using two of them as a primary.

#34 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:16 PM

Good point there, the whole problem now seems to be one of somatics(I think that is the word I seak and I think that is the way to spell it.)

#35 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:08 PM

Ok close this now! FF is not a pistol, 62 votes later I got the message, AT2K is a pistol, and yet many people use it as primary. A pistol can be your starting gun, a sidearm is different, your point hasn't nailed me. Ok then, commence speaking!

Edited by nerfisfun, 21 October 2005 - 03:27 PM.

QUOTE ( N-Strike agent 007)
† You posted a link to the forum rule in my thread and I nearly threw my computer out the window. Thats like giving some one a demerit in school and not telling them why just handing them a list of rules because you are TO LAZEY to tell them why.

#36 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

Ok close this now!

That doesn't happen much here.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#37 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:12 PM

The thread isn't off topic and there are no useless posts, it doesn't get closed is the way I understand it.
SexD Warves

#38 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:15 PM

I did not say you couldnt start with a pistol as i said
"a pistol can be used for close quarters" lets say your breeching a room Which is commonly done here in toronto becouse of the gun scare, i wouldnt pull out my huge Xbow though some weapons are pretty well sized for close quarters.
ME I save my primary for bigger game.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users