Photo

Why Not, Eh?

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Why Haven't You Joined The NH Folding@Home Team? (207 member(s) have cast votes)

Why Haven't You Joined The NH Folding@Home Team?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

We should start a NerfHaven team 2, for all those like myself who were late to jump on the bandwagon and would trail in the current one. ^_^

Like Black_Wrath said, don't worry about what "place" you're in.

I don't want to speak for all of us, but as for me, it's not about place, or even the prize that cx is offering for the 2nd place finisher. It's all about the cause as a whole, and the fact that NerfHaven is working together as a TEAM, and rocketing up the ranks amongst those teams who have been folding for years. Cx is accomplishing similar tasks in WEEKS.

I find the satisfaction and fun in bantering back and forth between team mates like earl_the_bunny, rawray_7, Darkshrimp, and even Iladar (Cranky blew by me, and I don't think I can catch him).

You can do it! Flex those processors! I'm puttering along with an older P3 and two old Celerons (one running high-tech Windows 98!)

Only thing now; my family wonders what all those black and white numbers are on the screens (I like to open up the MS-DOS window on the console).

Get on board dude!

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#27 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

We should start a NerfHaven team 2, for all those like myself who were late to jump on the bandwagon and would trail in the current one. ^_^

Just think of the advantage you'll have over the hundreds of people who join after you.

But seriously, what Piney said. The reasons I started this team are to do some good for medical science, pull the users here together to have some fun, and raise awareness of Nerf in the world-at-large. No matter how late you join or how slow your computer, you'll be helping the team accomplish all of those things.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users