Interesting War

Paper Bases...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

When i first started nerfing last year i began in the basement.
My basement is not very big and we couldnt realy go outside and nerf because of the 2 feet of snow.
I know now that bases arent realy used in nerf wars but like everyone on the forum always says "Whatever works for you." so this is what we did.
We set up bases about 10-20 away from each other in my basement usualy out of those large rubbermaid tubs and some platic barrels.
This was realy fun with 4 people 2 on 2 wars where you werent alout to cross the center line with something like 5 lives each and when your team wins you get to chose a stronger gun or another barrel to add to your base.
Some of my guns were modded from other sites before i found this one and I had already "discovered" the stefan online so i made about a hundred.
Later on about spring we became accoustomed to nerfing in this small area and kept doing this even thought we could be nerfing in the woods around our house.
Eventualy my mom got tired of us messing with the storage in the basement so we were forced to find alterantive base.
While searching on my 16th birthday for a suitable base I came along a large roll of paper, the kind you use for covering the floor during construction or painting about 3 feet in width and i dont know how many feet in length.
So i had an idea why not use this.
I stretched it out across my basement to form "bases" this turned out to be quite fun.
Depending on the dart and gun i was using i could pierce the paper and hit people on the other side.
After about 45 minutes of this the paper started ripping and it was easier to hit the other person.
There were also many holes you could see your opponent threw witch made it easier to hit them.
Eventualy after searching behind our base for darts i found a basket ball and i just couldint help myself i picked it up and lobbed it at the base.
The ball pretty much "blew" the entire base in two and gave my friends the scare of there lives.
And i guess what comes around goes around (or some generic quote like that) They picked up the ball and threw it back and did the same thing to our base and that pretty much ended it.
This is also the war i got my sig from.

Questions? Comments? Grammer/Spelling?

-Skitzo :(
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#2 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

Nice! I love destructible environments. I've got some crappy newsprint lying around, I should try this...
It would be even better in the dark, when you are not sure if someone can see you, or if they are really behind the paper. So this paper must have been quite thick if you could have just stood it up... that part wasn't quite clear. I'm having a war for my b-day, I gotta set some of this stuff up...

-Veg
Vegetarians into Nerf results in n00bs being shot with carrots.

Captain KLM, founder, modder and dartsmith of the Michigan Nerf Mafia.

#3 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:23 PM

Me and my buddies use these cardboard boxes we get from a store. I can put a hole in them with my nf from like 20 feet away. We usually end up just rushing each other after the cardboard has been destroyed. That usually only takes about 20 mintues so I think it's time I find some stronger cardboard.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#4 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:02 PM

Yeah i forgot to mention we used tape to tape it to the walls, shelves, and banister.

-Skitzo :(
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users