jakejagan

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

Rogues Hopper:
Posted Image

Close-up on the barrel:
Posted Image
If you cant see, the petg was reamed out with pliers to help dart entry and the pvc was sanded to fit the petg flush.
Posted Image
On top is a 3/4 in ball-valve for easy loading. The colored e-tape is easily removable, but allows for a better grip.

Now for something of mine-ish:
Posted Image

Snap mk5 made by Darth Freyr with a pistol splat attached on the bottom via zipties. The splat acts as a fore-grip and as a second shot. The splat has a cpvc coupler and hits about 65 feet which is plenty for a back-up shot.

More pics of the snap:
Posted Image
Posted Image
00:38 jakejagan I hear you guys still bring up the "gangsta shot"
00:38 Bags it is legend now

17:45 *** MrPzowned was kicked by Zorn (MrPzowned)
17:45 Zorn moral of the story: don't pick on idle mods yo

#502 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

Shotty mini-hamps! I fired the one Kane had in his write up and MAN was it big and awkward! Amazing innovation, all props on that, but it was said best when what said was "it does not allow you to aim.

This is the first incarnation: exact reduction of kane's original. 80's or so, 2-4 shot clip.
Posted Image

Here is a bit more optimized. The reduced size and weight made the stabilizer bar unnecessary but it wouldn't hurt to have one.
Posted Image

Here I utilized some creative plumbing to have the barrel on top thus improving the accuracy from 'dog balls' to nearly 'butt'. Whatever, I'll spray and pray ANY day!
Posted Image
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#503 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

A collection of work today.

I refurbished snakes +bow

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

1 tornadobow

Posted Image

2 tornadobow

Posted Image

See the write-up on Nerf Revolution.

#504 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

Woo, hope Coop likes it. I hand made the red UHMW spacers, and used the big-ass grommet I found at Fastenal. It's thick, but DAMN if they don't seal really well.

Posted Image
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#505 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

Here is my pump action plusbow. Made it using Split's templates and his guidance. Used a nylon plunger because it was more convenient. Shoots ropes brah.

Posted Image
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#506 mr yetti

mr yetti

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:18 AM

I have seen Ryan's pumpbow, but what happened to this?

Just a little teaser picture of my latest project.

Posted Image

#507 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Mah tornadob0w has a rscb.

#508 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

I designed and built a modded Plusbow, while keeping the same overall function.

Improvements:
-Lower height
-Auto aligning priming handle
-Curved grip
-Shortened plunger tube
-Solid, reinforced side plates
-Grommet Plunger head
-[k25] at full compression. It is just as powerful as a [k26] at full compression
-Two catch notches makes priming smoother.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I lowered the top stock rod which makes the gun look much better IMO. It is also less bulky.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The priming handle wraps around the stock rods more so it can't get misaligned.

Everything else is self explanatory.

I like using this much better than a normal Plusbow.

Edited by Lt. Stefan, 05 August 2010 - 12:57 PM.

#509 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

SUPA' BOW.

Posted Image

GETS SUPA' RANGE.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#510 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

Yet another iteration of the pump action +Bow:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I had a spare NF handle with the trigger and catch still usable. I decided that I wanted to do something new with it. It's plunger tube is made of 12" of butyrate (YES, IT WORKS!!!), and the portion of PVC is 1.5" ID I beleive.
The arms are PC and they have shown no signs of bending under the pressure so i think they should work. the priming mechanism is basically what Split came up with, it's made of 1/4" PC. The plunger rod is 3/8" pvc square bar. it is holding up nicely.

PM with questions/comments.

#511 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

Pump action SNAP. I call it the PA-SNAP.

Ranges= Really really far

Posted Image
Posted Image
Primed
Posted Image
Posted Image
Awsome wooden handle thats extremely comfortable.
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#512 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

Made the Firebow prettier at Split's house Pre-Apoc.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#513 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

My bow.

Posted Image

Pretty similar to Kane's Aabow, except for the money maker, or the plunger head. I used a skirt seal, the same one used on the Plusbow plunger tube (1.375" ID). 1 1/4" PVC happens to be 1.362", or the stuff that I got is. I apologize I don't have pictures for this, but it was done a while ago. The plunger rod is 1/2" hollow aluminum tube. To secure the skirt, I lathed down a piece of wood to fit over the aluminum tube and also fit inside the skirt. FYI, the ID of the skirt is .875". The front of the piece was also flared out to prevent the skirt from falling off the plunger rod while priming. To prevent it from moving backward while firing, I just filled the void between the plunger rod and the back of the skirt seal with duct tape. I may eventually replace this part with something better, but it's working fine for now.

Add a little silicone grease, and you have a perfect seal.

Now some of you are probably thinking that funnel is going to get in the way of the bow arms, and string. It actually doesn't. I cocked my hopper clip enough to the right so it doesn't interfere. But then, my hopper clip, with all the weight, should fall over while I'm jostling around. Tightening rings is how you fix that.

Posted Image

I took a pair of brass cutters, and slightly raised the OD of the PVC. It creates a nice tight fit between the wye, and whatever you're plugging it into. I recommend doing this to every piece of your hopper clip assemblage. It's A LOT better than gluing stuff together and/or to your gun.

#514 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

#66-69

Posted Image

Super Effeminate handles.

#515 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

My HAMP is better than yours.

Posted Image

This is why:

Posted Image

Fires 1-4 darts based on how fast/hard you push.

Edited by Wes7143, 20 August 2010 - 11:57 PM.

QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#516 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

My HAMP is better than yours.

lols

Painted my bow arms Effeminate pink.

Posted Image

Pretty similar to Kane's Aabow, except for the money maker, or the plunger head. I used a skirt seal, the same one used on the Plusbow plunger tube (1.375" ID). 1 1/4" PVC happens to be 1.362", or the stuff that I got is. I apologize I don't have pictures for this, but it was done a while ago. The plunger rod is 1/2" hollow aluminum tube. To secure the skirt, I lathed down a piece of wood to fit over the aluminum tube and also fit inside the skirt. FYI, the ID of the skirt is .875". The front of the piece was also flared out to prevent the skirt from falling off the plunger rod while priming. To prevent it from moving backward while firing, I just filled the void between the plunger rod and the back of the skirt seal with duct tape. I may eventually replace this part with something better, but it's working fine for now.

Posted Image

Picture of what I was trying to explain.

#517 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image

Captain Slug sent me a 2-11, it came today. I am so happy with it I took off the stock. X-D

Now it's like a massive deagle equivalent for homemade nerf blasters. Not shown: My 10~ round chopper.

It's very crisp and powerful, but the way it pulls back I had to get used to. Either way, I think it's my new primary. (Sorry Zax :))

Edited by Galaxy613, 23 August 2010 - 08:16 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#518 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

Lol wut?

Posted Image

Something I threw together today with some spare parts. It's a dual-piston HAMP that uses 1.25" PVC instead of 2" and rubber washer plunger heads. Basically, you grab onto the handle, strap the rest of your arm in (the whole thing goes underneath your arm), and pump like a mother fucker.

My theory was that with the same internal volume, a much better seal, and two smaller diameter pistons instead of one large one, you could put out the same amount of air but at much higher pressures. It seems to be doing just that, and actually works pretty well with a 3' length of CPVC. Expect a much better build/overall design soon.

#519 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

My first bow. You really need Ryan style optimal barrels on these. Unless of course you shoot arrows!

The bow arms are made from sch40 uv resistant pvc. I found it at farm and fleet.

Posted Image

Litersize wanted a bow.

Posted Image

Now for the grand finale: the trigger for my next homemade. Don't bother asking what it is.

Posted Image

#520 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

Proof-of-concept of the SNAP-8.
Posted Image

And with the priming handle off:
Posted Image

It's a shrunk-down version of what will be my take on the pumpSNAP: solid plunger rod, no stock, catchface at the end of the plunger rod. I built it out of spare parts and leftovers, so it ended up being...diminuative. Performance is surprising: it gets about 40-50 feet, with a plunger stroke of about 1.5 inches one inch.

Edited by Carbon, 19 April 2015 - 04:47 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#521 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

Guns I made for people.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The grip is actually comfortable.

Posted Image

Edited by Lt. Stefan, 30 August 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#522 Darksircam

Darksircam

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:28 AM

Snap pistol for cheap. The whole thing cost about fifteen dollars. Spring is from a confetti launcher. Plunger size is about that of the BBB. Weird knob on the barrel is for ease of removal.
Posted Image

Needs a paintjob. And the handle gets sticky on hot days.

HAMP. Currently retired just because it's big.
Posted Image

Edited by Darksircam, 31 August 2010 - 12:45 AM.

Travel Cost to TRU = $2. Eliminator pack = $15. Momentum testing = 2 lost darts. Outranging Recons with your mini pistol = priceless.

#523 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

A contract job for a pal of mine’s kids: two mini-HAMP’s with 12” hoppers. Price: 6 Bud Lights and 2 hours of man-time in the garage!
Posted Image

I made the end couplers by cutting a ½” PVC coup with a male screw end off and…well…screwing it into a hole in the 2” end cap
Posted Image

The diameter of a hole made by the dremel piece in the background is the EXACT size for the screw part, just add a little goop to seal the small gaps and you’re set!
Posted Image

Edited by SonReeceSonJensen, 31 August 2010 - 06:17 PM.

The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#524 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

I have discovered the ways of the grz. Have I succeeded in my first mission master?

#525 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

Posted Image

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A HAMP AND A HAMP AND A HAMP HAVE A CH... nah just playin'. I wanted to get rid of all my spare PVC parts (from leftover projects that didn't quite work out) so I made these two retarded monsters. The one on the left is a portable triple piston HAMP that's pretty fuckin' sweet if I do say so myself. It's for big boys though (sorry Zorn) because you need some strength to pull it back hard enough to build pressure.

The second is just some pipe I threw onto another SNAP I had laying around to make it look all futuristic and shit. The HAMP is getting some sort of ergonomics (handle) and then I'm going to paint em both!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users