this is gonna get me shot...

27 replies to this topic

#26 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:34 AM

Hey um...let's not turn this into a flame war. PM threats if need be, but I don't have the time for this.
Indiana '11

#27 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:23 PM

I've measured my Max Shot (108.7' mean flat distance) to a high degree of accuracy and have yet to see a Crossbow that can do significantly better. Before anyone suggests it, I've warred against many excellent modders who own crossbows. IS, if you're the last holdout who cares about angled distance, I don't have a problem with a crossbow that can get one or two darts out of a dozen to go 200' angled. That's well within the realm of possibility, but angled distance isn't real.

I haven't modded my Titan yet but my understanding is that I can expect sm5k or better performance from it. Both guns easily outperform anything with a spring and require 3/0 or heavier weights to get reasonable accuracy. The 5k and Titan, when modded for micro stefans, go well beyond what most of us consider to be a fun nerfing experience. I would liken them performance-wise to homemades and for that reason, they are banned at YANO/Armageddon.

I personally know one person who was hospitalized by a nerf-related eye injury and have heard of several others. I require my war participants to wear at least sunglasses - anything less is just stupid. Do I really want to require them to wear full P**ntball masks just because someone brought a Titan?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#28 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:50 PM

I personally have SEEN a crossbow go a legit 200ft. It even dented drywall from 15ft.

You sir, are full of shit.

You sir are a fucking idiot.

I've SEEN IT. That number may be 15-5 ft off but i know what i see.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you had PERSONALLY SEEN IT. That changes everything, because nobody exaggerates on the Internet. No sir.
Besides that, I know you so well, I should know to take you at your word. I mean, we've been best buddies for years, right?

Nobody's word is worth anything on the Internet without proof, sir. I would take people like cx at their word, because he is rational, measures his results, and is not interested in making himself look good as much as he is interested in reporting accurate info.
I would not take people like you (and you aren't the only one, there are several others, some have names with 'nightmare' in them) at their word because they make ridiculous claims, then back them up with "I SAID IT SO IT'S TRUE".

Well, believe what you want to believe. I don't know what id get out of exagerating anyways..

Fucktard.

Umm, the quote doesn't have a purpose, I uh, am, well I'm a conformist and the quotes were getting crazy do I had to do it.

Anyways, If a Titan can break wall, it definatly can break goggles. More importantly, it could break an eye. Be safe, stay in school, don't do drugs, and don't use your Titan (especially indoors),.
Go Team FuckBuddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users