The goodness of 3in1

27 replies to this topic

#1 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:43 PM

Posted Image

Well that is my BBB mod. It has a SM 750 located where the scope use to be. This has a piece of 9/16 brass that has a hole cut into it 2.5 inches long. It then has a piece of copper wrapped in e-tape to nest/airtight the brass barrel. (see below picture)

Posted Image

The BBB itself has a 2 inch piece of 17/30 brass that is located inside the original stock barrel (which has been cut down to 2 inches.) I then have a 7 inch piece of 9/16 brass that is nested and telescopes into the 17/30. This is covered in ½ PVC that is ported for looks and protection.

Posted Image

As for the 2k…
There is a hole drilled into the front handle that has the valve pin through it, which is connected to a key ring. It is supported but an oversized zip tie and hot glue/epoxy. The barrel assembly is held by the valve as well as a “U” shaped piece of copper that is glued/bolted to the gun.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The ranges are all over 100 feet. Everything you would normally expect from these guns!

Tell me what you think guys

<Blink>
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#2 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:47 PM

All your modded blasters rock.

Great Job!

#3 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:51 PM

Your on a roll, this is amazing! Did you paint it red, it turned out nice and clean, looks cool! ^_^
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#4 Spooned

Spooned

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:52 PM

Amazing, if only i had a gun like that. *crying in self pity*

Anyway great job oh and how do you actually load the BBB? I never did find out.

Edited by Spooned, 16 October 2004 - 01:55 PM.

Yes I live in the UK, Yes i'm 14, Yes I'm a n00b but no I dont own a crossbow: noooooo

#5 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:58 PM

We should call it the "together energy combination" ^_^
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#6 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:11 PM

Sorry to say this, but your not gettin much praise from me. I think it looks overall sort of sloppy. On the at2k the barrels are clearly crooked, and the pump is simply taped to the front handgrip. Now unless you have freakin sasquatch hands theres no way thats comfortable.

Other than that, the breech is good, and the paint looks good.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#7 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:31 PM

The BBB is loaded the same way as you would load a maxshot.

The orignal colour is purple and black, but everything that is red use to be purple.

The barrels were crooked but I fixed that! Thanks for pointing that out. As for the pump/handle, Believe it or not it is kind of comfy. The pump almost moulds into my hands because the original handle of the BBB is sort of small?

#8 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:37 PM

The red looks awsome. The BBB is getting 100'? Im not calling you a liar but of the 5 ive modded none have gotten 100'.

#9 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:45 PM

Thats odd? Mine seems to be putting out that much...did you do the same mod I did?

#10 cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:32 PM

that thing must weigh a ton! It looks pretty cool though, except for the pump at the bottom. Were's the trigger for the top one?
Kids in the captian crunch Cereal comercial:
"NERFITIZE ME CAPTIAN!!!"

#11 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

that thing must weigh a ton! It looks pretty cool though, except for the pump at the bottom. Were's the trigger for the top one?

It's the key ring on the back of the top valve.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#12 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:18 PM

Like hell you had to wait for my mod (which I am still putting off... I know...), your's shows me up. Beautiful integration, clean paintjob, nice brass bolt. I'm sure that thing would be a monster to go up against.

Matches the N-Strike line.
A new addition?

Edited by Hunter, 18 October 2004 - 10:44 AM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#13 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:28 PM

How did you modify the primary barrel to get 100'? I've had an ongoing topic about it at NHQ, and I'd greatly appreciate knowing what you did as much as possible. Thanks. Your stuff does rock, by the way.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:03 PM

Same here- most I've gotten has been 70- in a good day with my best darts. I seem to have nearly the exact same mod as you, except my stock barrel is cut down to about 1 inch instead of 2.

Anyways though, it seems that BBB's are extremely varied in how well they fire, or it's the difference in darts.

~ompa

#15 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:14 PM

That things a beast!
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#16 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:14 PM

Well the BBB Barrel is actually kind of funny. I started off with the original stock barrel that I then cut down to 2 inches. I then put a copper coupler and had brass nested inside a piece of ½ copper. Worked well but I did not like the look. I then took off the copper from the brass barrel and put a PVC coupler around the original copper coupler and glued that in place. Then it was a matter of taking the 9/16 and nesting it in PVC. Works well if it’s all airtight. You can still see the copper coupler in the last picture… it’s covered in red e-tape. And the PVC coupler is covered in black e-tape.

Thanks again, I'm glad you guys like it!

<Blink>

#17 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:11 AM

The paint job is awesome by the way.

It looks a little sloppy though.

As everyone has asked. How did you get a BBB to shoot 100 ft.?

I, myself have a BBB and I'm lucky if it gets 85ft. the longest was roughly around 90ft.

Not to mention BBB are long enough without another gun attached to the front, heh.

~Da BK~
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#18 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:41 PM

Very creative. I think it would work better if you had six hands, though.
Sup?

#19 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:32 AM

I want a BBB now....NOW...

Yeah.
That looks great and it seems you get some decent ranges too.
God job!

-TIG.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#20 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 12:42 PM

Quick question: are you using mega or micro-Stefans? I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to create a nested-barrel, but I'm unsure of what measurements to use use. To use a mega-Stefan, I'd use 17/32" brass nested in 9/16", put in 1/2" sch. 80 PVC, right? Or do I need larger sizes?
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#21 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 02:01 PM

Um, a 5/8" mega stefan wont fit in 9/16ths brass, its too small. 17/32 and 9/16 are very similar in size and are for micros ( 1/2" FBR ).

#22 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:21 PM

Me, I use micro Stefan’s. (1/2 inch FBR)

You fit 5/8 foam into 17/30…But…How?

#23 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

I don't. I just wasn't sure if/how to nest a barrel for megas. Is there a way to do it, or is just standard PVC used normally?

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#24 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:37 PM

Barrels used for megas dont need support dude, they are their own support. The brass you described would fit INSIDE PVC, not around it.

#25 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:55 PM

Nesting for Megas? Use 21/32" nested inside 11/16" brass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users