O - utsiders
U - nder
T - raining
O - btusley
F - ace
B - eing
O - ver
eX - emplified
Yep... Its that time of year where we at S.C.U.N. hold our annual NIB/Stock/"Low-Tech on-the-spot Modding" Event. Yes, this is a "Stock Event" similar to a N.I.B. war but not quite as strictly aimed at using a brand new blaster, as it is going back to a time where you couldn't "science" a nerf gun beyond "slap a crayola marker on it"
Like every Stock War We've done, there will be about a half hour of “Field Modding Time” using the most “basic” of nerf modding supplies:
- Hand tools like Screwdrivers, small hacksaws, pliers, wire cutters, x-acto knives or boxcutters, leatherman tool, hand drills, etc.
- Electrical Tape/Duct Tape etc
- Most Adhesives (includes Epoxy Putty, Super Glue, Plumber's Goop)
- Rubber Bands/Mini bungee
- Crayola Barrels or similar objects.
- a 2k Pump tube is an acceptable way to mod something for Arrows.
- Electronic mods to flywheel guns are allowed, this ranges from basic higher voltage batteries all the way to full motor replacement.
NO PVC or other Pipe/Tubing WILL BE ALLOWED.
Naturally, there will still be some safety bans, IE no making titans shoot micros. But pretty much anything else is fair game. Bring as many or as few blasters as you'd like, by leaving the ammo stock, we should have a fairly level playing field whatever you bring. Also you're allowed to bring any blasters that are already modded to these specifications, be it because you did it for one of the previous stock wars, or felt like modding in advance.
NOTE: If you want to make sure you have maximum recovery of your own stock ammo do something to CLEARLY IDENTIFY IT AS YOURS I.E. Baghead uses neon pink marking stickers on his Vortex Discs and neon Pink sharpie dots on his Rival Balls.
We'll start this earlier than usual, so that modding time doesn't cut too much into our playing time, so try to show up by 9:30 AM
The Date is SET as March 25th
21601 Snow Creek Dr
Walnut, CA 91789
Unlike our previous location for this annual event we don't have a conveniently located pizza place... but we do have several shops/restaurants surprisingly close to the location so I suggest you bring monies and or food and have everything you need to stay well hydrated. Hope to see you guys there.
Edited by Apollo256, 06 March 2017 - 05:52 PM.