Photo

Philadelphia Area Nerf War - July 31st - SuperStock only!

10 replies to this topic

#1 DblDrgn

DblDrgn

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

It's Official! The Reservation has been made for 7/31! Usually we aim for the second sunday, but given the nature of reservations, I thought it would be best to have an additional week in order to secure attendance and generate more hype.

This is a Superstock War! Stock Ammo Modified Blasters OK. Basic rules can be found here: https://panerf.wordpress.com/rules/

A few of us have played at the Hickory Nut picnic area of Tyler State Park in Newtown, PA. It's a tried and true spot, and with some mobstacles, is probably gonna be awesome. 

The price for the reservation was $121 after taxes and fees, so if we all chip in a few bucks, it's entirely managable. Max capacity is 100 people, so the more the merrier. I'd say bring about $10 cash, preferably small bills so can make change.     EDIT: this war is now free to play, Rob has generously covered the park's reservation fee

Since it's a pretty secluded spot, and it takes a good few minutes to get to any place to get food, I recommend bringing at least a lunch, hence making it a picnic. I'll probably bring some extra beverages or something.

More info on our Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook...40688173007060/

WHEN:  July 31, 2016 (starting early in the day)

WHERE:  Tyler State Park, Newtown PA - at the Hickory Nut Picnic area

WHAT:  SuperStock blasters as well as stock blasters.   No slugs or "Stefan" darts, No homemade or shortened ammo.   All blasters are subject to a Moderator examination.   Also, no black, metallic, or realistic paint jobs.  

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2016-06-22 11.42.14.png
  • screenshot-2015-11-18-11-17-39.png
  • screenshot-2015-11-18-11-18-11.png

Edited by DblDrgn, 25 July 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#2 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:18 AM

Would you be interested in doing an NIC war at this location some time in the future?

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#3 DblDrgn

DblDrgn

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:32 AM

Would you be interested in doing an NIC war at this location some time in the future?

Sorry, but we have no plans to host NIC wars.  Our group is focused on super stock wars and super stock blasters/ammo.  

We would love for anyone to attend, just please understand that we are focused on SuperStock and we ask that you do not bring any NIC stuff. 

Edited by DblDrgn, 22 June 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#4 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

I don't think I'll be able to make this war, but things could change.

#5 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

I have confirmed on FB and I am confirming on NH, I'll be going.

I don't see why you guys don't want to try DIY type, there are easy things to make. Just my opinion, you don't really have to but it's not as hard as you think it might be. 

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

I don't see why you guys don't want to try DIY type, there are easy things to make. Just my opinion, you don't really have to but it's not as hard as you think it might be.

Are we going to do this every time this guy posts a war? Just leave it alone.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:55 PM

I am down for superstock. Try it, it's fun. Prevents guys with 4Bs from sitting in lawn chairs and picking off people from 100 feet away (Literally happened at FF1).

I'll be there.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#8 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

Van, Sam, and I are probably going to build mobstacles earlier in the month, I'll bring them if we do.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#9 DblDrgn

DblDrgn

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

I don't think I'll be able to make this war, but things could change.

I hope you can make it!   Also- Please let us know if there's a convenient weekend date for you in August, for the next war.

#10 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

August is absolutey filled with wars, first weekend is APOC, (largest east coast war) the second week is pandemonium, (largest east coast water war) the third week is supposed to be Nams, (very large house war)  so the 4th week probably is the best for optimized turnout. 

#11 DblDrgn

DblDrgn

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:57 AM

I updated the original thread to let people know that the fee is waived, Rob has generously decided to cover the reservation fees.   So it's going to be free for everyone to play.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users