BuzzBee Sentinel mod guide Ultra Tek

7 replies to this topic

#1 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:15 AM

Glorious Sentinel blaster needs a writeup, because some people will probably need a guide. This guide will cover basic sentinel modifications and possibly link to future guides for brassing and pump action (BuzzBee may be making one in the future due to request and noticing a photo) The Thermal hunter is the future incarnation. However, most of these are basic things that everyone should do to their sentinel

Here's a photo of a VanGripSentinel to inspire you and get interest in the sentinel. However this guide is for the standard lever.
Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 1.18.38 AM.png

Sentinels are great out of box and another great item from glorious BuzzBee. You can do lots of things to a Sentinel
IMG_8626.jpg

So what are we doing and what do you need? Well we're going to cover
-Dissasembly
-Internals guide

-Lock guide
-Spring upgrade 
-Air Restrictor removal (AR removal can boost FPS 10-20 FPS)
-Dart post addition
-Reinforcement (DO THIS ONE)
-Comfort
-Reassembly 

DISSASEMBLY

Spoiler

INTERNALS GUIDE

Spoiler

LOCK GUIDE
Spoiler

SPRING REPLACEMENT
Spoiler

AIR RESTRICTOR REMOVAL
Spoiler

-DART POST AADDITION (reccomended after AR removal)
Spoiler

REINFORCEMENTS

Spoiler

COMFORT
Spoiler

REASSEMBLY
Spoiler

END NOTES
Spoiler

BORING SHIT
Spoiler

Edited by Snoop Doggy doge, 11 March 2017 - 12:46 AM.

#2 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:10 AM

Extra Notes
This is extra composition for things that aren't extensively documented but may be relevant. 

-Some people say Buzzbee screws strip easily. Replace the screws with nerf screws. Apparently since this is cheap, Buzzbee screws are more prone to stripping. Thrift a maverick or something cheap and you have some nice screws

-Cut out a jam door. Not on top but on the side, just incase for nasty Jams, 

-Also, to help clear jams push this thing forward. The jams I see are rare but are very bad if it does. It lets you clear the barrel and bore.
IMG_8643_zpsfqxaentq.jpg

-If you drill out the AR, I would reccomend a dart stop so it doesn't double feed. However, it's hard to double feed because racking the sentinel back when its loaded with no AR pushes the dart out of the chamber

-Roller pin can be replaced and machined again with a nail

-A Nylon spacer can be used to replace the Pivot pin. Drill 5/16 hole in spacer and sand down to fit. 

Edited by Snoop Doggy doge, 02 June 2016 - 09:57 PM.

#3 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

Just btw, double post ;)

USER IS DISLIKED FOR BACKSEAT MODERATING

THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING TO THE TOPIC.

#4 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:58 PM

Sentinel guide modified to add dart post.

Another tip, glue the "jesus piece" (dubbed by DX) to the lever so you'll never lose it, with super glue
Not neccesary but reccomended since you can lose that piece, and is easy to lose. 

IMG_9117.jpg

#5 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:12 AM

You're advice on Facebook and your guides here on Nerfhaven have been a huge help with my own Sentinel.  Thanks Snoop, other than being the boxhead, you're going to be known for your work on this blaster far and wide.  Amongst many circles, you already are....

Edited by Cartaya, 20 July 2016 - 05:15 AM.

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#6 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:24 PM

Sentinel Plunger rod replacement from Cartaya, in steps.
I'l probably try to replicate this myself or mache a sentinel catch out of some 1/4 poly carb
Original link and results

If you're putting some ridicolous load in,
ok, so simply put, you use
*10-24 threaded rod
*10-24 Brass end nut
*2, 10-24 locknuts
*1 #8 padded washer
*1, 1"x1/2 round x.125 nylon spacer
*super glue gel,
*15 min epoxy of choice

lets start there
-Put the brass end nut at the end of the thread, Next fill the groves where teh spacer is going to be, with super glue gel, you need Gell because it needs to hold to the threads without running. Glue the spacer right behind the brass cap
-next, get a grinding disk, gring the nylon and the brass flat the same size of the sentinel PR
-then, get a file, knock out your catch notch, down to the threaded spacer. file the brass cap smoothe where it would meet the trigger catch so that it engages the plunger rod.

-copy the original plunger rod, cut the head off, punch a #10 hole in the middle of the original plunger head, advance the lock nut to the back of the plunger head, put the padded washer behind that, this governs your spacing. 
-now cut the threaded rod, put the PH in, screw, put the 2nd nut into the PH, tighten that, file it down flat, take it off, put in crazy glue gel, fill the space with 2 part epoxy, file it flat....enjoy

You'll get something that looks like this

Spoiler

Edited by Snoop Doggy doge, 25 August 2016 - 11:36 PM.

#7 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

Thanks Van, I did this to my X-Sentinel, so far it's doing great.  It's awesome but labor intensive,  I completely melted Nylon all over a Dremel cutting wheel cutting the spacer down to the profile shape of a Sentinel Plunger rod and catch, but it was worth it.  If anyone has any questions, shoot me a post or a private message, I will be following this post, I'm not the best technical writer in the world, but I enjoy helping others with their mods.

Also typo, my bad, it's a 1/2"x1"x .19 ID spacer to fit with a #10 threaded rod.  One could use 6-32 or 8-32 threaded rod to bring the weight down if so inclined, just make sure your spacer fits the threads of the threaded rod first.  Also if you can find threaded spacers, that is also nice, but not the end of the world if you can't.

I also found this and this, however not as cost effective as galvanized threaded rod and 10-24 locknuts.  Also, do put in mind, it's Titanium, reacts with Nitrogen, so be careful if you go this route....

Edited by Cartaya, 26 August 2016 - 01:34 PM.

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#8 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

Updated parts of the guide, and did you know you can make your Sentinel Pump action now?
http://nerfhaven.com...iteup-vgs-mk-2/

The new Thermal hunter is kinda a VGS but the pistol grip is far back, so I still recommend a pump sentinel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BuzzBee, Sentinel, mod guide, Ultra Tek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users