Photo

Deploy CS-6

15 replies to this topic

#1 pusur44017

pusur44017

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:36 AM

I have a Deploy with an 18 clip magazine with elite darts in them.
The deploy has a shotgun like action where a piece of the barrel is dragged back, then forward to pick up a dart.
This action is a right nightmare because of the pressure of the 18 clip dart causes the dart to be so close together that the rubber tips on the elite darts friction together and causes the dart in the chamber to bend and not fit in the chamber correctly, thus not firing it.
Sometimes the load/reload action will be alright, but then it will still be stuck because of the friction to the barrel/barrel tooth and then it won't fire, you pull back and forward again and it's really done for.
I need some help with this. The obvious thing to do would be to mod the darts, someone suggested duct taping them (maybe use masking tape though) and I might try that, but I'd
like to know if there are any other not so difficult and comprehensive modifications that I can try. Doesn't have to be entirely related to the problems I've described as this gun has all sorts of problems.

-pusur

Edited by pusur44017, 31 August 2015 - 04:37 AM.

#2 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

If you can forgive some brutal honesty, you're asking us how to put lipstick on a pig. The Deploy is widly regarded as one of the worst and poorest performing mag fed blasters ever produced. It's a gimmicky useless mess with a tiny plunger tube and shoddy internals. You would be best served by starting a local wall of shame and leading with your deploy. Heck, even a recon would be a better option so far as reliability is concerned. A raider/retialator would be even better.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#3 pusur44017

pusur44017

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

If you can forgive some brutal honesty, you're asking us how to put lipstick on a pig. The Deploy is widly regarded as one of the worst and poorest performing mag fed blasters ever produced. It's a gimmicky useless mess with a tiny plunger tube and shoddy internals. You would be best served by starting a local wall of shame and leading with your deploy. Heck, even a recon would be a better option so far as reliability is concerned. A raider/retialator would be even better.

Yes, I know, I'd still like some tips because where I live, nerf blasters are in short supply.

-pusur

#4 Kilquat

Kilquat

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

I do not own a deploy, but I assume that it is not the rubber on the dart tips causing them to bend, but rather the type of dart tooth a deploy has. It has an old style dart tooth which has been shown to cause bending in the elite darts.

Edit: Also, what kind of tips are you looking for?

Edited by Kilquat, 01 September 2015 - 12:27 AM.

#5 pusur44017

pusur44017

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:07 AM

I do not own a deploy, but I assume that it is not the rubber on the dart tips causing them to bend, but rather the type of dart tooth a deploy has. It has an old style dart tooth which has been shown to cause bending in the elite darts.

Edit: Also, what kind of tips are you looking for?

Anything that might make it actually shoot...
I might just write to nerf and tell them to take it back because it obviously is a fabrication fault since this is the norm for all deploy blasters.

-pusur

Edited by pusur44017, 01 September 2015 - 04:11 AM.

#6 OceanSkais

OceanSkais

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:19 AM

Drill out the ar then knock the remainders out with a hammer/screwdriver. That will allow the dart to go farther back in the barrel which means less resistance for the dart tooth

#7 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:47 PM

I might just write to nerf and tell them to take it back because it obviously is a fabrication fault since this is the norm for all deploy blasters.

-pusur

In that case, I might be able to get some money for my Longshot Front Guns I have lying around! Posted Image

Hey, you could try making it into an HPA-powered automatic! After all, its internals are c****ier than the inside of a PortaPotty ® after a week-long music festival.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#8 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:17 AM

-pusur

A) Hasbro won't do squat for a 4 year old blaster that has been out of production for 3 years. B, using a 6 round clip, I never had a feeding issue. Maybe try splitting the difference and use a 12-round and see if you keep having feeding issues. C) You possibly could just have a bad blaster. If that is the case, make it a prop or something. I have 2 depoys, and one is getting a nice mass effect overhaul.. .cause that this ONLY use I can see with that thing.

Edited by Griever 2112, 03 September 2015 - 09:17 AM.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#9 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

A) Hasbro won't do squat for a 4 year old blaster that has been out of production for 3 years. B, using a 6 round clip, I never had a feeding issue. Maybe try splitting the difference and use a 12-round and see if you keep having feeding issues. C) You possibly could just have a bad blaster. If that is the case, make it a prop or something. I have 2 depoys, and one is getting a nice mass effect overhaul.. .cause that this ONLY use I can see with that thing.

I think it's possible that the mag itself is bad too. He said it won't feed with THE 18 dart clip... If you only have one 18 rd mag, your sample size is likely just the sticky mag and not the blaster itself, it it works with your 6 rd mag. That being said, the deploy is a waste of plastic anyway, and it's likely that the blaster itself is the problem. The 18 rd mag could also put undo force on the rotating magwell, causing the dart tooth and mag to become out of alignment? I'm spitting into the wind at this point, but point being we need to actually hold your blaster to really see what's wrong with it at this point.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#10 pusur44017

pusur44017

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

A) Hasbro won't do squat for a 4-year old blaster that has been out of production for 3 years.

I don't live in the US, there are different rules here and there are many solutions for this problem, I just want a blaster that works and by giving me this they will create a basis that will allow me to buy extra equipment in the future. They have not answered me yet and I'm not stupid, it's a longshot. What you are saying about the 6 dart mag is correct, but that doesn't help me very much because I have that one and an 18 dart mag and extra mags are expensive and hard to come by here.

Aeromech: I'm not too familiar with the terminology you are using, but you are right that it might be the mag itself (most likely both of them...). It seems you are thinking I have an 18 dart drum. It is a straight magazine.

I will let you know what Hasbro says when/if they answer me.

-pusur

#11 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

...I just want a blaster that works and by giving me this they will create a basis that will allow me to buy extra equipment in the future...

Then listen to what others have said and forget the Deploy, because it is simply one of the least ergonomic, reliable, practical and powerful of all Nerf N-Strike blasters.

However, you said Nerf blasters are in short supply. Does that mean if you didn't have the Deploy, you'd have no other Nerf blaster to play with? If that's the case, I guess that explains your dilemma.

Also, how does using the Deploy allow you to buy extra equipment in the future? It's not the best blaster to use with add-ons, like scopes and sights. Or did you mean that by using the Deploy, you can save money, allowing you to other Nerf accessories?

#12 pusur44017

pusur44017

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:48 AM

Then listen to what others have said and forget the Deploy, because it is simply one of the least ergonomic, reliable, practical and powerful of all Nerf N-Strike blasters.

However, you said Nerf blasters are in short supply. Does that mean if you didn't have the Deploy, you'd have no other Nerf blaster to play with? If that's the case, I guess that explains your dilemma.

Also, how does using the Deploy allow you to buy extra equipment in the future? It's not the best blaster to use with add-ons, like scopes and sights. Or did you mean that by using the Deploy, you can save money, allowing you to other Nerf accessories?

That's what I am doing, seeing as there is little to nothing to be done with it, I am trying to get nerf to replace the deploy and give me another blaster of a different type. It's not really relevant but I explained this to Griever because it would be a smart business idea to give me something else because then it would be possible for me to buy extra equipment and giving them money in the long run instead of leaving me with a non-working blaster that I can't do anything with and a bad taste in the mouth about Nerf.

I don't have any other blasters than the deploy, which means I actually have none and other nerf blasters in the shops are A.) as expensive as they were when they came out and B.) very small selection in the shops where I live. I could import, but there is a limit to about 42 dollars in total, that means that the price of the goods and shipping/handling. So that's why when I go abroad I buy a nerf gun and then I can import or buy in the shops the not so expensive extra equipment.
I realise my previous post was very badly written, sorry.

-pusur

Edited by pusur44017, 04 September 2015 - 05:39 AM.

#13 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

I am trying to get nerf to replace the deploy and give me another blaster of a different type. It's not really relevant but I explained this to Griever because it would be a smart business idea to give me something else because then it would be possible for me to buy extra equipment and giving them money in the long run instead of leaving me with a non-working blaster that I can't do anything with and a bad taste in the mouth about Nerf.

OK, you seem to be under some kind of assumption that because you are dissatisfied with the Deploy that Hasbro/Nerf is going to replace it because it would be a "smart business decision." I'm failing to see the logic in this thought process. I'm sorry if I'm about to sound like an ass... but... You obviously have internet in some form wherever you are (since you mentioned it, a country might help a little to understand this better) but a simple search on the Deploy and you would have known not to get it. Especially if Nerf is so scarce where you are, and you seem to have an interest in it, I would have looked into it, but that is me. Also there is a saying "Buyer Beware", meaning if you just go and throw money at something and it isn't what you were hoping for... that is on you, not the manufacturer.

Also this is one blaster that we all have told you sucks. Hasbro most likely will not care, if you want to get something better, look into it... There are plenty of youtube videos and blogs reviewing these things. Watch a few, there are those who are shills to hasbro and say everything is awesome (avoid NerfBoy Productions reviews) but watch a few see the general consensus and make a choice.

Take it as a life lesson, You bought something, it sucks, deal with it... get something else.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#14 pusur44017

pusur44017

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

OK, you seem to be under some kind of assumption that because you are dissatisfied with the Deploy that Hasbro/Nerf is going to replace it because it would be a "smart business decision." I'm failing to see the logic in this thought process. I'm sorry if I'm about to sound like an ass...

Sorry, you do sound like an ass and it's not your problem/business. I also said before that it's a longshot and I'm not stupid. It is completely irrelevant to this forum and thread what Hasbro does in a situation like this. I bought this blaster several years ago and you yourself said it was 4 years old and I had not yet found the "the world of nerf" as I have today. I am not interested in your lecture, and it's not about being "dissatisfied" it's about something absolutely not working and there are laws that say that the product has to do what it's expected to do. You have no actual proof (at least not that you state here) that suggests Hasbro should not do anything. Do not treat me like I'm an idiot.

-pusur

#15 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

Sorry, you do sound like an ass and it's not your problem/business. I also said before that it's a longshot and I'm not stupid. It is completely irrelevant to this forum and thread what Hasbro does in a situation like this. I bought this blaster several years ago and you yourself said it was 4 years old and I had not yet found the "the world of nerf" as I have today. I am not interested in your lecture, and it's not about being "dissatisfied" it's about something absolutely not working and there are laws that say that the product has to do what it's expected to do. You have no actual proof (at least not that you state here) that suggests Hasbro should not do anything. Do not treat me like I'm an idiot.

-pusur

Then stop sounding like one. If you bought this years ago, and just decided to act on it now, then you are an idiot. The majority of lemon laws are designed for Cars and other Motor Vehicles, what you have is a broke toy. It is calledreturning it to the store. Which, if I worked at hasbro and saw this... after laughing my ass off, would be to reply back of. 1) Did you make any attempt to return the product to the store you purchased it from for another one? 2) if you did? Did you have the same issues? 3) What dart clips are you using with the Deploy?

Your 6 round clip works... which is what this blaster came with, and was originally designed for. So therefore you do not have a defective blaster, it is possibly your darts or the 18 round clip that is at fault for causing the misfeeds.

I work as a triage support technician... I've seen and heard it all when it comes to product complaints. I had a customer like you where they had a device of my companies that stopped working. He threw it out and a year later called saying he wanted a replacement at no charge cause his didn't work. Never made any attempt to have it fixed, repaired or anything, just chucked it, and wanted a replacement a year later.

The Centurion when it came out. was eating darts, at least 1 out of 6 darts through a good amount of the first run centurions was destroyed beyond use. Hasbro never issues any recalls or replaced any blasters. Give it up. Go buy something else and take the Deploy and either mod it, paint it, or throw it out.

It's a lost cause, and don't get pissed with me boy, I'm telling you how it is, the Deploy is junk and you are a snot nose little brat who thinks some giant corporation owes him because you got screwed 4 years ago and never did squat about it. Grow up.

My Youtube Page

#16 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

I'LL HAVE NO MORE ARGUING ON MY INTERNET. Dude, if you think you can get Hasbro to replace it, call their customer service number. This is a lame argument and the next person to participate in it will be getting suspended.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users