My first Homemade

6 replies to this topic

#1 Tigersgrace

Tigersgrace

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Hello Nerfhaven,
I am Tigersgrace and this is my first time trying to make a nerf blaster completely homemade. When making this blaster, I tried to use only parts that I could find around my house or from scrap parts at work. I did invest in some fittings and some small springs from HD, however, the blaster cost is still under $20 USD.

A lot of my inspiration for this blaster came from seeing MIG's Homewrecker

So without further adieu I present my first creation.

It is made from a 12" piece of 2" PVC pipe with some 1 1/2" to 1/2' PVC reducers. The 1 1/2" reducers are E-taped heavily to fit very snug into the 2" PVC. This was all hot glued and gooped in place.

Posted Image

I used a piece of a suction cup from a robot at work to make the plunger head. It fit in the 2" pipe perfectly, and after released, created an almost perfect plunger head seal.

Posted Image

I do have plans to make a catch for this blaster; I just don't know how I am going to do it yet. I really like the look of the rainbow catch, but I may just make it a SNAP style catch/release.

Almost forgot one of the more important things...RANGES! It gets 126.35 ft. with megas and 151.2 with micros. Both were glue domes. Ranges were "walked" with a surveyors wheel.

Thanks for looking. Any comments, questions, flames, or tips would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

Is that a flat range? And what is your barrel setup for those ranges?

#3 Tigersgrace

Tigersgrace

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

That is at about 25° and the megas are with a singled 16" barrel and the micros are with a hoppered 14" barrel and 12" hopper. Those are also the farthest ranges not the averages.I actually tried to replicate MIG's firing position in the range test for the "homewrecker".

Edited by Tigersgrace, 02 January 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#4 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

That is at about 25°

You should re-test at 0°, otherwise we don't have a basis of comparison.

#5 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Not sure if this warrants a thread for itself as it is not a write up and individual show off threads are very erotic here, ergo we have a homemades picture thread. Angled ranges tell is shit and are not cared about as they don't give us a competent gauge of power, stick with flat ranges in the future(small and very serious heads up).
{edit} Beaver posted just after my page initially loaded..

Nonetheless an interesting first homemade blaster. I would assume this is a pull/release blaster?

Edited by archangel24, 02 January 2014 - 08:31 AM.

QUOTE(Talio @ Oct 14 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

I would much perfer a game that's free of KY. I like it rough. Right, Vacc?

"She went all Ghetto Fab on you."

#6 MINerf

MINerf

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Is it only bungee propulsion? Or is there a spring inside we should know about? Also, that handle looks interesting. What material is that made of? Shower curtain rod, maybe?
Nerf in MI for 6 years straight!

#7 Tigersgrace

Tigersgrace

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

You should re-test at 0°, otherwise we don't have a basis of comparison.

Thanks for the tip I will do that as soon as I can and repost the flat ranges.

Not sure if this warrants a thread for itself as it is not a write up and individual show off threads are very erotic here, ergo we have a homemades picture thread. Angled ranges tell is shit and are not cared about as they don't give us a competent gauge of power, stick with flat ranges in the future(small and very serious heads up).

Nonetheless an interesting first homemade blaster. I would assume this is a pull/release blaster?

I will edit the OP to make it more of a write up. You are correct in your assumption; however, as stated above, I plan on making some sort of catch for it.

Is it only bungee propulsion? Or is there a spring inside we should know about? Also, that handle looks interesting. What material is that made of? Shower curtain rod, maybe?

There are some small HD springs inside as well as the bungees. As for that handle, it is a piece of "cut to fit" curtain rod that I had left over from my wife decorating the house. Does kind of look like a shower rod now that you mention it, though.

So as not to make the dreaded double post, I will edit with new ranges that are done flat.
Megas=105ft
Micros=122.4ft
This was done indoors at the plant that I work in with very dry air and 0 wind. Had a friend help spot me from the side so that I would fire as flat as possible.

Edited by Tigersgrace, 04 January 2014 - 08:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users