Photo

NUCLEAR

Northeast Wisconsin, July 27th (its between 2 nuclear plants)

12 replies to this topic

#1 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

NUCLEAR WAR

This war is a homemade style war that will be hosted in northeast Wisconsin on lake michigan.
Date and location: July 27th at 12:30 - until we're done. Location is Two Creeks County Park Two Rivers, WI 54241
Rules:
The first few rounds will be metal free. I will have plenty of metal free darts, mainly silicone domes, but maybe a few hundred amiors if you want em.
After we get sick of metal free, we will go back to using slugs and if you want you can stick with silicone. I am really hoping that by this date, my 3d printer should be assembled, and I will have plenty of Krono's style wyes for people to use.

Don't bring glue domes, blaster painted black, anything that shoots 150+, little kids, or military gear.

Bring eye protection (wear it too), food and water (don't drink lake michigan), blaster(s) including a pistol and darts, soft melee (if you want), and some stuff to trade, I'll be selling a lot of the silicone domes after the war if you want em.

Post Below if you have comments, questions, or are coming please.

Edited by orangeparkour, 25 June 2013 - 08:58 AM.

I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

#2 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

Looks like I can get outta work that day. I will talk to the mano crew at Sundays war to try and set up some kinda carpool... I'm looking forward to trying out the new wyes and silicone dome darts.

Time for you to work on a new game type, radioactive zombie rounds!
HARDCORE NERF!

#3 ultranewt

ultranewt

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

i will make sure my family has no excuses to keep me from this nerf war

#4 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

i will make sure my family has no excuses to keep me from this nerf war

Awesome, If you could bring some of your friends that showed up to the war you hosted during spring break that would be awesome.

Also Funky: I'll be working on a nuclear zombies round Idea, you keep working on getting mano people up here!

Edited by orangeparkour, 25 June 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#5 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

Added this to the schedule thread. Thanks for posting in the 2016 Nerf War Schedule, but in the future please remember to include the date and state. Having all the info is more important than getting the format right.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#6 rokushoo

rokushoo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

I'll definitely be coming.

#7 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

Maybe? Will be the weekend after cat, but I do want to nerf more this summer.

Also, if quantity of ammo is your limiting factor I may be able to help at that time.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#8 Zilthai

Zilthai

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

This sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to this event, but I may be able to send an emissary or two from my Rising LASH gaming group.

#9 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'll definitely be coming.

Nice first post, can't wait to see you there.

Maybe? Will be the weekend after cat, but I do want to nerf more this summer.

Also, if quantity of ammo is your limiting factor I may be able to help at that time.

If you can bring more silicone domes that would be awesome. I should have enough for 10-12 people, but not much extra. Also I should definately mention that all of my domes are made with white foam which is a little larger diameter than average. I personally love them with Funky's Redline polycarb. Hopefully he'll bring some...

This sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to this event, but I may be able to send an emissary or two from my Rising LASH gaming group.

You send people that play and we'll all be happy.

#10 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

I'll go if Kayne can show up or drag Ryan with him

I live in pretty much the opposite end of Wisconsin though so it is still an awful drive (actually a longer drive than going to Cataclysm).
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#11 NerfOverload

NerfOverload

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

NUCLEAR WAR

Don't bring little

What do you call a little kid?
NerfOverload

#12 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

I would describe a little kid as a kid who is not mature enough to take a dart from a homemade, and is going to try and cheat. If the kid is under 13, but is playing fine and is keeping the game fun I have no issues with him. Also to everyone: I have 900-1100 silicone domes now, and may make a few more before it starts. Right now I still haven't gotten to 3d print any wyes. If you have a blaster with a turret or rscb, bring it. I still have a week, and I'm trying very hard to get my 3d printer working but, I make no guarantees. Also, I'm buying foam if you show up.

#13 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Unfortunately I have a bad power supply and do not have any 3d printed wyes, I am very sorry. We did not use any slugs, Woot, fully metal free war. The weather is very comfortable at a little over 60 degrees, but you may want a sweat shirt as a backup. We are playing very close to lake michigan so there will be a little breeze. I look forward to seeing you in 2 and a half hours.

Edited by orangeparkour, 27 July 2013 - 07:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users