Question to all you modders

Collecting feedback

69 replies to this topic

#26 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

After reading some more, Ive been wanting a new electronic clip system automatic blaster. Kind of like the stampede. I know that that wont happen but maybe from a marketing point of view, a blaster with SOME similarities to the stampede, like the automatic feature, would be a great way to go. Think about it. All of us modders like the stampede, except that it lacks range, and I'm pretty sure the target audience for hasbro would love something automatic too. Just my input, but I'm sure everyone could agree with me.

Perhaps a way to meet this interest in both a new automatic blaster and new flywheel blasters would be to release an AUTOMATIC FLYWHEEL blaster. hamoidar pulled it off with his fully automatic Barricade. I have also created an automatic dart pusher with Legos that he used, but have yet to put it into a flywheel blaster like the Barricade or Stryfe. Yes his blaster is hideous, but it works, and it works well. If you or your engineers would like an explanation as to how the gear box works and how all of it is set up I'd be happy to give them to you. I personally think an automatic pistol sized blaster would be a step in the right direction for Hasbro, and I'm sure all Nerfers ranging from the NIC modding community to HvZ'ers to the general child consumers would enjoy a blaster like this.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 26 January 2013 - 02:27 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#27 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

That'd be nice if there less clip guns and some with turrents. Even unmodded They would be more fun. More simple things like the older guns.
Gino

#28 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

Blasters with hughmongous plunger systems.

Rocket launchers.

And maybe style some blasters after Halo

#29 Modded Brain 115

Modded Brain 115

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I personally want more flywheel, automatic/semiautomatic, and clip fed blasters. I also agree with selling spare stocks and clips/drums. Having large plunger tubes, breeches, air tanks, and singleshot blasters are useless, in my opinion, since the N.I.C. already have an abundancy of those due to previous Nerf blasters and homemades.
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your profile to help him gain world domination.
(")_(") (yes i found this on another profile)

#30 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I think it's really funny how many people here are asking for products that have already been on the market for years. From Buzzbee. The AT20 worked great. The UMB and UBerzerker were awesome! None of them sold worth a damn. The Rangemaster and Panther are awesome, and are substantially lower cost than similar blasters from Hasbro. 1.5" darts? Why not ballistic balls instead? Rockets? Okay, you got me there, I could really go for a rocket blaster.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#31 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Airguns , no longshot crap, amd no more flywheel bullshit. And lose the barrel and stock attachments. Enough said

This is rather closed minded. Barrel attachments are useful for making swappable integrations, and they can can hide some rather un-cosmetic barrels. Personally, I like the stocks, as do most users. The Lightningstorm stock is amazingly ergonomic and is extremely stable, and the Raider stock is a very close second. The Spectre stock, while about as wiggly as the Recon stock, folds well and doesn't interfere when closed with most blasters. It's a great option if you're not sure if you WANT a stock. Flywheels ARE a viable option for indoor wars and HvZ, as they offer semi-automatic capabilities. They can also get decent range when modded correctly. Then only downside to them is needing to take care of batteries. By LSs, do you mean the original blaster, or the mag-fed trend that they started? I think that the NERF mags work well when used for HvZ or when you can't use homemade darts. The Longshot was an amazing blaster, and while it was a bit heavy compared to most production blasters, it's still lighter than most homemade systems. LSs are great singled, but slow. Breeches are painful to make or ensure that they don't jam, but they have a good balance of ROF and range. I've even seen LSs with wyes on them, and those work reportedly well. As for airguns, Yes, I would like some more NERF made airguns, but airguns are slower to operate, and aren't effective in indoor/HvZ situations, unless used as shotguns. They may have good power, but they're too damn slow.

#32 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

The current lineup of products is good, but what's sorely missing are air-powered automatics. I would love to see magstrike/powerclip/wildfire/RF20 type blasters come back into style.

#33 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

The current lineup of products is good, but what's sorely missing are air-powered automatics. I would love to see magstrike/powerclip/wildfire/RF20 type blasters come back into style.

I'll second this. Something with a HUGE air tank/bladder which spits like 40 or 50 darts out in a massive fire would be nuts. Otherwise, maybe a multi-clip mag strike. Say, 3 or 4 clips next to one another, and go from one to the next.

Or heck, maybe a new chain-blaster. rather than a vulcan, maybe a manual pump action one; that'd be pretty creative. Think like a PAS using a vulcan chain.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#34 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I agree. Maybe a ttan reshell too, sans the connectibility.
They should also make a crossbow ish thing, but with the new
tacticoolish style, maybe like a 3B.

#35 c0c0puffs

c0c0puffs

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'd like to see a flywheel rifle of some sort.
Smexy...

#36 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I would like to see more airguns, and more clip-fed direct plunger blasters.

On a side note, I think there should be a full auto rife (much like the stampede) in the Elite line.
Got Tools?

#37 EclipseNerf

EclipseNerf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

I personally love the Stampede, so I want more from where that come from. Me and a couple of other guys from Sydney, Australia have got them to hit 90-100 feet with rate of fire of about 4 rounds a second. That is a dominating blaster by any stretch. One guy was dual wielding them, and literally the only way to take him out was with something very long range and a lot of luck. So I want that sort of blaster again.

Also, at the same time, I want some new air guns and something I haven't seen before- a pump action blaster with a tubular magazine you load like a standard pump action shotgun. It simple and could be devastating- you can top up on the run and you could put a big plunger tube in it. That basically means you can shoot far, have the blaster load as quickly as a hopper and load it with what has proven to be an ergonomic and fast method. Also, a wide release of the Elite Pinpoint sight. Just because it looks damn sweet.

Another thing Hasbro could really work on is accuracy. As much as pinpoint accuracy in Nerf does truly exist, a lack of fishtailing at range and actually being able to shoot in a straight line with a stock blaster would help. While within about 30 feet the new blaster work fine, they suck at much further. Another thing would be the use of the Strongarm style slam fire in all of the blasters that use it. It's a lot better than the Raider/AT or the Speedload 6 style.

#38 Elmo1234

Elmo1234

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

I would like some more silly, less tacticool blasters.

#39 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

What I would like to see has bee brought up already but for reiteration as to the wants of the community.

A Nerf Version of something like the RFDG/Doomsayer or Tripleshot would be cool.

I really like the electronic plunger blasters (i.e. the Vulcan and Stampede) but would like to see something like that, that doesn't require 5 pounds of D batteries.

Edited by Griever 2112, 28 January 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#40 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I really like the Vortex series; it has an interesting firing method that might be applicable to regular darts. I like the built-in clip on the Vigilon, some kind of Nightfinder-esque dart pistol with a built-in clip would be cool.

More Nightfinder/TTG type large plunger volume pistols would be great, especially if they were designed to fire larger darts.

More belt-fed stuff, especially if it wasn't just a one-blaster thing and the belts were readily available and easily modded. Basically any N-Strike/Elite blaster could use belts instead of clips and be awesome. There are also more reliable feed systems than the ones I've seen NERF use...

I think flywheels get alot of hate; I remember having a really old flywheel ball blaster that was about as loud as a lawnmower, but was semi-auto and manually spun up. Something like that but for darts would be cool, though it'd require a much larger flywheel than current models use and nice bearings if it's going to run anything like quietly.

#41 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

What I would like to see in future Nerf blasters.

Blasters that resemble firearms in aesthetics and function, such as the Scout, Triple Shot, and Sharp Shot. They didn't look too realistic, but the slides and shotgun grip made them much cooler than a hideously shaped Nitefinder or Tek 6.

More accessories, especially ones that actually have a legitimate function during games, such as an LED light, or a laser. I don't think anyone likes that awful excuse for a laser called a Light Beam Unit. I would also like more stocks. (That fit adults)

Larger plunger tubes and air blasters. Blasters that are just original and fun are also very cool. It's good to see something outside the cliche mold of re-shelled springers with the same internals, and boring flywheel blasters. Fully automatic blasters are also a lot of fun to use and I would love to see more of them. I'll never forget the time when my brother and I sneaked up on my older brother and gunned him down with two fully-loaded Magstrikes. We all thought it was great fun!

Iron sights. These are a great boon when someone pops out and you squeeze off a snap shot at them. Blasters without them, such as the Nitefinder are more difficult to aim. Oh, and they also look cool.

What I would not like to see more of.

Single-shot and flywheel blasters. I feel that the current selection of those is sufficient, but maybe we could do with another direct-plunger single shot.

Oversized ammo. I don't like it. They fly slowly and wobble in flight, and the fins break off. I always end up modding mine to shoot micros.

Reverse plungers. They give lousy range when stock, and give very little extra when modded. Let's see the end of that awful plunger system.

Re-shelled blasters. Although the money Nerf is saving on those may trickle down to the buyer, they're still boring. Unless it's a Longshot, let's not see any more of them.

#42 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Oversized ammo. I don't like it. They fly slowly and wobble in flight, and the fins break off. I always end up modding mine to shoot micros.

Sounds like you haven't used megas; but this is actually exactly why I like oversized ammo - if a blaster launches oversized stuff reasonably well, it'll work great with micros. And that's usually an easy, entry-level mod.

#43 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I really welcome your feedback, there is a lot of great mentions here and to date the feedback so far has been positive.

I have permission to quote this from an email exchange:

"Many thanks Asif, the points raised have been insightful and some have changed our path of development on one blaster in particular. We appreciate everything you do, and it was a pleasure meeting at the Toy Fair. No hard feelings on the blackeye no"

I encourage you all to keep your hands-on feedback coming. Thanks again folks, keep it up!

#44 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

One blaster In particular. Hmmmmm

Stampede maybe?

And what Is this about a blackeye?

Edited by Super0dp, 29 January 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Got Tools?

#45 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

One blaster In particular. Hmmmmm

Stampede maybe?

And what Is this about a blackeye?

I can confirm there will be no Stampede.

I shot one of them in the eye by accident with a new blaster whilst we had a battle with all the new stuff.

Edited by MyLastDart, 29 January 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#46 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I shot one of them in the eye by accident with a new blaster whilst we had a battle with all the new stuff.

*cough* eye protection *cough*
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#47 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

*cough* eye protection *cough*

In his defence, I was trigger happy before he even had the chance. My bad, I still feel terrible. Lol.

Edited by MyLastDart, 29 January 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#48 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

@MyLastDart, you hinted at something larger than micros in your other thread; Any chance that the blaster that uses it has a motor driven plunger?

Back to the topic, I'd like to see more electric and air powered semi/full autos, preferrably clip fed, and if at all possible, RC pack powered. Swappable tubular mags, and something clip fed with a large PT would also be nice. Better streamlines can't hurt either.

IMO there's enough flywheels for now, but the next one should have motors and the rack & pinion dart pusher from the hailfire; pity these features are found within an ergonomic nightmare.

Edited by Lightning, 30 January 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#49 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

@MyLastDart, you hinted at something larger than micros in your other thread; Any chance that the blaster that uses it has a motor driven plunger?

Back to the topic, I'd like to see more electric and air powered semi/full autos, preferrably clip fed, and if at all possible, RC pack powered. Swappable tubular mags, and something clip fed with a large PT would also be nice. Better streamlines can't hurt either.

IMO there's enough flywheels for now, but the next one should have motors and the rack & pinion dart pusher from the hailfire; pity these features are found within an ergonomic nightmare.

hi Lightning - i'm afraid the NDA prevents me from discussing the specifics of that.

Witht he swappalble tubular mags - you're wanting the Vortex range to essentially open up? What is the general feeling towards Vortex?

#50 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

This is rather closed minded. Barrel attachments are useful for making swappable integrations, and they can can hide some rather un-cosmetic barrels. Personally, I like the stocks, as do most users. The Lightningstorm stock is amazingly ergonomic and is extremely stable, and the Raider stock is a very close second. The Spectre stock, while about as wiggly as the Recon stock, folds well and doesn't interfere when closed with most blasters. It's a great option if you're not sure if you WANT a stock. Flywheels ARE a viable option for indoor wars and HvZ, as they offer semi-automatic capabilities. They can also get decent range when modded correctly. Then only downside to them is needing to take care of batteries. By LSs, do you mean the original blaster, or the mag-fed trend that they started? I think that the NERF mags work well when used for HvZ or when you can't use homemade darts. The Longshot was an amazing blaster, and while it was a bit heavy compared to most production blasters, it's still lighter than most homemade systems. LSs are great singled, but slow. Breeches are painful to make or ensure that they don't jam, but they have a good balance of ROF and range. I've even seen LSs with wyes on them, and those work reportedly well. As for airguns, Yes, I would like some more NERF made airguns, but airguns are slower to operate, and aren't effective in indoor/HvZ situations, unless used as shotguns. They may have good power, but they're too damn slow.

Close minded or I have 3 kids that lose the attachments to never be found again . Flywheels scare my kids and pets . We have to remember these are designed for children and not targeted towards the modding community unfortunatley. I help them upgrade the internals but the attachments serve no purpose for outr usage other then cosmetic . I use them in an office /warehouse close quarters set up .

Edited by 2TAGS, 30 January 2013 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users