Nerf Deploy direct plunger?

This is just an idea.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfmodderdude

Nerfmodderdude

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I know Nerf Deploys suck stock (just like everything else), but would it be possible to fit a Nerf Longshot plunger tube into the stock because there is a lot of empty room in there? :huh: This is just an idea. I have no knowledge of how big is a Nerf Longshot plunger tube exactly. The reason I have been thinking about this is the fact that Nerf Longshots are getting rare and the bolt action is kinda slow rate of fire wise. So does anyone think this would work? Any comments and ideas are welcome. :-D

As per the New Member's Guide, concept threads aren't allowed. Protip: If your post includes the words "this is just an idea", rethink what you're going to post.

Edited by Carbon, 13 January 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#2 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

I don't have a deploy to test this but I do know that doing this would be a very ambitious mod. First of all getting the bolt sled to the priming action would probably be a nightmare as would successfully getting the catch to work. Also linking the trigger would be pretty tough also. If you are not a very very experienced modder you will most likely end up with a nonfunctional deploy.
I really don't like to be such a downer but I have had plenty of crazy mods like this that horribly fail.

Edited by quertyman, 13 January 2013 - 03:10 PM.

I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#3 ThatBritishGuy

ThatBritishGuy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

A longshot plunger tube would be very difficult to fit in without some serious shell work.
The search function would have told you that a direct plunger deploy has been done before - with a NF plunger tube here

EDIT: 100th post yay!

Edited by ThatBritishGuy, 13 January 2013 - 03:58 PM.

My sales thread

Any Blaster mod or homemade that I post I can commission. Send me a PM on NerfHaven or BritNerf or email me by sam@lusher.org.uk

#4 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well, the deploys rof is about the same as the longshots, so if I were you I would put something like a nitefinder into it instead. But still this would work though, adding a longshot plunger into a deploy is quite impractical. Along with the fact that you said that longshots are rare, you should wait until you're a better modder to mod it (which I suggest doing) and do some research maybe you could do some simplified nitefinder rifle and put that into the deploy though that'd probably eliminate the use of the clip. Still, at least you're thinking.
Gino

#5 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Didn't want to have to go all Old Yeller on this thread, but here we are. Threads need to have tangible work behind them: no "will this work" idea type threads, please.

Closed.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users