DCNF#5

Cinco

65 replies to this topic

#51 leafy

leafy

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Legit double post, you all need to see this.

Are we down for ordering pizza for everyone for lunch? I think it'd save time, 'cause we'd have everyone eating lunch at the same time, at the same place, unless someone doesn't wanna eat the pizza.

Everyone who eats would chip in, obviously.

There's a Papa John's 2.2 miles from the park, we could get from there.

Thoughts? Preferences?

I'm down with that. How much were you thinking everyone chip in?

If you guys find it fun, then by all means flail and thrust away.

- Daniel Beaver

#52 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'm down with that. How much were you thinking everyone chip in?

However much $total cost/number of people eating comes out to.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#53 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Id go for that. But ill need to know soonish so I don't plan to bring.

Also cost should somehow reflect how much an individual eats of it.

#54 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

I would chip in for some pizza.

#55 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm bringing my own lunch.
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#56 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Pizza for me. I'd probably end up eating a pie myself.... Make sure you get that garlic sauce Chaos!

#57 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Alright guys, war is tomorrow, this is my final update. This war is DEFINETELY HAPPENING, if anyone was stupid enough to think otherwise.

Remember to bring water and sunscreen, it's gonna be hot. Bring money for pizza and trading too.

READ THE ENTIRE OP BEFORE ATTENDING THIS WAR. THERE IS TONS OF INFO THERE THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

The war starts at 9:00 AM EST. I will be there early to set up, anyone who gets there early as well would be rewarded with many virtual cookies.
Please try to get there at 9AM, if not it's alright.
Park in the parking lot, derp. Walk towards where you see nerfers. We will play wherever there are no people- the park is basically just forest, but less dense, which is perfect for our purposes.

If you are attending, please PM me if you would like my phone number to reach me in case you get lost, or anything else crazy happens.

If you have any mobstacles or game type materials, PLEASE BRING THEM, I would appreciate it, and they'd only make the war better.

IMPORTANT: I do not know if there is anywhere to empty your bladders/bowels at the war site. Do it Cataclysm style. Empty your bladders and bowels BEFORE THE WAR, at a McDonalds, or in someone's lawn, I don't care. Don't let me catch you pissing on people's guns ;).
You can surely take a piss in the woods but pleasepleaseplease dont' take a dump there.

MOST IMPORTANT THING-

At previous DCNFs, down time between rounds has been a major problem. This time around, I'm looking to eliminate this. Let's try to have as LITTLE downtime as possible. I don't care if you wanna chat with your buds, we're there to NERF. Trading should be done before/after the war, and at lunch.
When I/a few people are ready to start a round, I'm just gonna start gathering people, and picking teams, If you're not there to be picked/ready, you won't be playing the round. It's be ready, or don't play. Simple. Be ready, guys. Let's try to get as MANY rounds in as possible.

I'm gonna look to run mostly a mix of the following rounds types:
-Team Deathmath
-Carpe Testiculum
-Wingman TDM
-VIP/Juggernaut
-Capture the Flag

I picked these rounds because they require the least, or even no setup time, and in the cases of CTF and Carpe, you don't have to sit out. That's more play time, which is good.

Let's make this a great war, guys. See you all tomorrow.
I hope all of you have safe travels to the war.

Edited by ChaosPropel, 22 June 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#58 T dog

T dog

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

I won't be able to make it until somewhere around 1pm now. Frowns.

Darn you real world!!!
Grains not brains!

#59 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

Shit, running late. I'll be there at 9, rather than 8:30, sorry.

#60 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm on my way!

#61 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Double posting, but it's for a good cause.

Recap time!

First off all, thanks to all who attended, you made it an awesome war.

I'll start with the negatives first, since there's so few.
- Getting there at 9:00 ish, but the games starting at the original time of 10. I guess it's better than no games until 11, though.
- Midway through the day my only working and viable primaries being my +Bow, and in the amazing first VIP round no longer being able to use the LpL on it at all, except as a grip.
- A little hot, no DCNF 1.5 though :D
- Real life taking Chaos out early, and making others late.
- Lost 6 ish inch speedloader for LpL.
That's all I can think of.

Now the positives, there's so many I may have to edit them in later.
+ Meeting new people, and seeing people again!
+ Loved the location, perhaps even more than Beall.
+ Getting pumpsnap with an upgrade to 3.0 priming returned.
+ Commissioning Hero for what he called the current best new primary.
+ Finally getting some K/D ratios that make me happy. 4-1 with the ending kill on the TDM when we tried the area on the other side of the tennis courts. I liked that side.
+ Finally killing someone with the mounted LpL. Still missing that speedloader.
+ Nice Conversation with Gears about TTGL
++++ That first VIP round. Langley said I ran like a mad man. Nice shots on those trying to attack the VIP.
+++++++ "Are you gonna soul resonate with your Pumpsnap?" -Gears

Let's do it again, sometime.

#62 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thaks to everyone who came out yesterday, I really enjoyed meeting so many new people and getting to war again with Langley, Ted, Koree, and the local guys. I had a great time, and I hope you all enjoyed it too. Hope to play with you all again soon. Thanks so much to Langley for bringing the mobstacles, they certainly made gameplay a lot more fun.

Anywhooooo, I'll be in China from 7/5-8/15, so I have given Landstricker to host DCNFs during that time. Listen to him, children. Dean can host too if he wants.

Thoughts on the park? Should we play at it in the future?

#63 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

I had a good time, thanks Chaos for hosting and Dean for taking over at the end. It's always good to see the FNBS crew and other local types (sorry Rob, I have the memory of a goldfish), and this new park looks pretty cool. I miss Beall, but the disc golf place was good for a smaller war, and maybe in the fall we could expand into other areas of the park as things get less crowded.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#64 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Great war guys. Thank you to Chaos for hosting and Dean for taking over. I am really sore, and I had a swim meet today, so that didn't help. Meeting some new guys and seeing people again was awesome. The park worked out really well with the trees and mobstacles (thanks to Langley and Chaos).
I am planning for the date of the next war. Do Sundays work for you guys? I was thinking around mid July, how does that sound?

Who's ready for DCNF#6?

#65 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Great war guys. Thank you to Chaos for hosting and Dean for taking over. I am really sore, and I had a swim meet today, so that didn't help. Meeting some new guys and seeing people again was awesome. The park worked out really well with the trees and mobstacles (thanks to Langley and Chaos).
I am planning for the date of the next war. Do Sundays work for you guys? I was thinking around mid July, how does that sound?

Who's ready for DCNF#6?

As of now, sundays and saturdays are indifferent to me. Second half of July is preferred though, so I can get my 3 primaries from Hero finished, Or atleast the Sceptor and repaired Pumpsnap.

#66 jolt

jolt

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Too bad I couldn't make it. Maybe one of these days I can drag my sorry ass up to DC.

P.S. Mid July sounds good Keo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users