DCNF 3

Maryland Nerf War

135 replies to this topic

#101 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

Thanks to everyone who's stepped up and offered cover.
Between keo and I, we have 8 mobstacles done. As 2-D as they may be, they'll work. I think I have enough fabric and tarp for mine at least, dunno about Keo's. I'll take inventory tomorrow/tonight if I have time, and get back to you guys. Honestly, I think that 8 mobstacles is enough to cover Beall's soccer field. I might need some tarp-supplement though.

Also, bring water. Treat this like you would any sporting event where you are playing. We will be running around all day, so bring enough water for a day of running. I know that I have brought lots of communal water in the past, but I do not have enoug water for many loaner bottles right now, and do not know if I will be able to go to the store before the war, so I suggest/ask that you pack a lot.

Edited by ChaosPropel, 22 February 2012 - 07:33 PM.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#102 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

I will be coming to this war

and I am incredible.

Edited by TED, 22 February 2012 - 09:22 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#103 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

This is going to be a great change from the normal PA/NJ nerfers i usually war with. I'm excited to meet some new people. 4 more days as of posting this!
Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#104 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

2D mobstacles are fine, so long as you don't have them all in a standoff or symmetrical position.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#105 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Awesome everyone! Can't wait for this war- we have 18 confirmed NIC members so far, and most likely more people coming from UMD to war with us.

Weather's still looking AWESOME:
Posted Image

#106 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Chaos, will there be a dedicated time for trading?

#107 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

In the past, we haven't really had a designated trading time, but if a large amount of people would like one, we can always arrange to just take an extra 15 minutes or so before the first round to trade/talk.

Also, does anyone have any game type materials? Tennis balls in a large quantity (50+ or so)? Ping pong balls? Playpen balls?
Anyone have any non-orange flagging tape? I'd like to try out some 3-4 team TDM/Carpe rounds.

#108 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

My dad, being a surveyor, has green, pink, and who knows what other color flagging tape.

#109 TheSilentRebel

TheSilentRebel

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Also, does anyone have any game type materials? Tennis balls in a large quantity (50+ or so)? Ping pong balls? Playpen balls?
Anyone have any non-orange flagging tape? I'd like to try out some 3-4 team TDM/Carpe rounds.

I have plenty of golf balls, and I could probably scrape up a few dozen baseballs.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

#110 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I believe in other parts of the world this is traditionally called "Lunch". Also "After the war"

I've got some colors as well. Not sure if I'll have room for by carpe stuff, depending on the carpooling situation.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#111 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Well I had everything planned out so I could make this, but at the last second my ride backed out! So unless someone can give me a ride from UMBC (University of Maryland Baltimore County) then I wont be able to make it :( I only need a ride there as I can get a ride back. If I'm on your way, there is a free electric eal, jolt, or 18 round clip in it for you.

#112 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Less than 2 days left everyone. Get all your shit together.
Weather is still looking absolutely great- 0% chance of precip, and an avg of 40's temperature. The war is on.
I wish the best of luck and a smooth trip to all of those who are driving to the war from afar.

Some info the war day:

I will try to be there at 9:30 to start setting up, give or take 10-15 mins, since I will have a guest with me as well.

Please park in the back/general parking lot of the school, it should be pretty obvious. I will be near/in the parking lot to welcome you, and lead you to the staging area.

Please try to get there at 10:00 AM, as that is when the war will start, if not earlier. The earlier the better.

Please read the ENTIRE OP before coming to this war/leaving. It has tons of info that you NEED TO KNOW.

If you have any game type materials or cover materials PLEASE bring them, we have enough but more would always be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

There are restaraunts within a 2 minute drive of the park. Please either pack a lunch or prepare to drive out to those places. I can give you some general directions if you want. Notably, there is a "Potbellys" within a 2 minute drive, which is highly recommended for those non-packers- it's fast and good.

Be prepared to have your blasters range rested and darts dissected (just one or two) to prove legality.

Let's make this an AWESOME war! I'll post anything else I remember/need to say before the war, tomorrow.

#113 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Can we order from Talio's Pizza?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#114 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

I have Carpe balls, and a 24 case of water to share(most of).

#115 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Can we order from Talio's Pizza?

What?

#116 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

So. Flippin. Excited. I hate waiting! Hope everyone can drive safe and whatnot. See you all sunday!

#117 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

For those who know the general region, which route is better from CT to DC: I-95 all the way, or 78 to 83? 95 is the most direct route geographically, but it will also carry the highest probability of traffic and tolls. 78 to 83 swings out west more, but looks to take only 26 min more on paper with less tolls and little possibility of traffic since nothing's out there. On the way back home, I am definitely not taking 95 since I will be leaving during Monday morning rush. However, I don't know which route is better on a Saturday morning-afternoon-evening coming south.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#118 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Just read the rules and regulations, no boozahol? Fuck this shit.
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#119 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

Just read the rules and regulations, no boozahol? Fuck this shit.

We'll be warring in the backyard of a public Elementary School, so yea, no boozahol.

Weather update:
It was freaking snowing here in Bethesda a few minutes ago, but the large amount of wind kept it from accumulating on the ground, although I doubt it would've accumulated anyway. Either way, it's fine- snow has stopped, no snow on the ground. Ground is dry, so no mud to fuck with.

Forecast for tomorrow:
Posted Image
As you can see, it'll pretty much be sunny all day, but the highest it'll get is about 45 degrees, so be ready for that, although it shouldn't be a problem, as we're not of the female variety, and will be running around all day. Still a 0% chance of precip, which is good. War is definetely on.

I'll post some last minute updates tonight/tomorrow morning.

Edited by ChaosPropel, 25 February 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#120 Kryptonx

Kryptonx

• Banned
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

For those who know the general region, which route is better from CT to DC: I-95 all the way, or 78 to 83? 95 is the most direct route geographically, but it will also carry the highest probability of traffic and tolls. 78 to 83 swings out west more, but looks to take only 26 min more on paper with less tolls and little possibility of traffic since nothing's out there. On the way back home, I am definitely not taking 95 since I will be leaving during Monday morning rush. However, I don't know which route is better on a Saturday morning-afternoon-evening coming south.

I'm not going but I'm from LI so we're relatively close. I usually take I-95S to New Jersey Turnpike S to US-40W to I-295 to I-95S to I-495W to I-270 and take MD-28 to Rockville.

Not that I don't need more grinding in my life.

#121 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

Alright, I am hitting the hay. See you all in the morning.
My cell will be on starting at 9:00, so feel free to call me with questions....pm me for the num.

I will be there around 9:30, setting up and such. Everything else you need to know is either in the OP or in my last few posts in ths thread.

See you all in the morning! Can't wait!

Edited by ChaosPropel, 25 February 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#122 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

Morning of the war, can't wait! Again, I will be there early, and you can reach me at starting at like 8:30 if you have an questions.

I wish the best to those driving from afar.

Edited by ChaosPropel, 06 April 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#123 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

I should be leaving in about 22 minutes, I hope. Woke up 17 minutes after I wanted, and so did my dad.

#124 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

We will be leaving shortly, pumped.

#125 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Really pissed I couldn't make this. My car decided to shit out on me, but I guess it was better than it did so at home than in MD. I'll have to try to make the next big one. Hope you guys had a good time!
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users