DCNF 3

Maryland Nerf War

135 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

We've rocked 1, 1.5, and 2. Now it's time for DCNF3, this time without a cheesy saying attached.

DCNF will be a monthly/bi-monthly/whenever possible war in the DMV area, meant to keep DMV Nerf active.

Date:
February 26th, 2012

Time: 10:00 AM will be when we start the war, untill whenever we feel like ending.
Please, if possible get there a bit( 10-15 mins.) earlier,if you think one/more of your blasters will be subject to range testing/ban

Beall Elementary School (http://www.montgomer...ew.aspx?s=02207)
451 Beall Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850

Posted Image
Posted Image
Rules:
-No JOBARs, No Cobras, no singled Titans, no singled plugged-pump airguns designed to shoot anything larger than a Mega dart. (If you are unsure about whether your blaster fits this description, bring a back-up just in case.)
-Basically, anything that was originally designed to fire any projectile larger than a mega dart that must, if it is an "airgun," still use the stock OPRV/OPV.
-No exposed metal barrels
-No blasters painted flat black, all flat brown, or completely camo.
-No dressing up in camouflage
-Eye protection is manditory, I don't care how old you are
-Other blasters will be handled on a case-by-case basis(INCLUDING HOMEMADE AIRGUNS)
-Doomsayers are allowed
-If your blaster is more than 75 percent grey of black, please use orange tape on it. If you do not, we will put an unnatural amount of tape, of rather effeminate colors, on your blaster.
-Super soakers ARE allowed, but will be dealt with/banned on a case-by-case basis.
-ALL ATTENDEES MUST BE OF 13 YEARS OF AGE OR MORE.
-For pistol rounds, a blaster is considered a pistol if it is a single shot springer blaster, that does not fire allowed darts over 80'.

Guidelines to non-douche-ness: MUST READ!-We are using public space for this war, and we DO NOT wanna get kicked out or get the cops called!
-please keep profanity and vulgar symbols/actions to a bare minimum
-please keep loud yelling to a minimum too; there are houses nearby, and we wouldn't wanna disturb the environment with loud noises.
-PICK UP ALL TRASH that you leave, whether it is from lunch or a blaster. If you are seen leaving too much trash, you may not be invited to the next DCNF; the hosts/other attendees are NOT here to be your maids.
-try to pick up all darts during dart sweeps/lunch; we don't wanna leave too many darts on their field (it's pretty much the same as litter to them)

-If you repeatedly act violate these rules throughout the day, you may be asked to sit rounds out, or to leave/not come back to DCNF wars...let's make this a fun war for everybody, and a non-disturbing war for the surrounding area! Afterall, we're there to have fun, right?

Dart Restrictions:
-Nothing heavier than a 3/0 fishing weight steel ball bearing under a hot glue dome. In other words, BBs, 3/16" balls, 3/0 fishing ewights and anything lighter than a 3/0 fishing weight are allowed under a dome. Washers under hot glue domes, no matter the size, are banned.
-Fishing weights and anything lighter are allowed under a felt pad, or at least a 2mm craft foam padding. If you have other kinds of darts (other types of padding?), please PM me or post here.

What to bring:
-WATER! For YOUR SAKE!
-A lunch, packed or pre bought.
-2-3 primaries.(Please bring more than one, since there is a large chance that it will break/fail during the day, or you will just hate it in the field/get bored of it)
-200+ darts
-A pistol or two-we will be having pistol rounds
-Fun ammo- rockets, missiles, megas, mongos, balls, etc.
-Stuff to trade/money to buy stuff. We will have trading time.
-Stock ammo, if your manly enough to use it.
-Bring some melee stuff-swords, knives, etc, just for fun.
-YOUR A-GAME!

What not to bring:
-Alchohol or drugs
-Real firearms
-Camo
-Ghillie suits
-Flat black blasters
-Un-allowed darts
-Death darts

Shields:
-Manta Rays and Laser Fang wings only.

Melee:
-Melee hits count as barrel "taps". If your melee weapon gets shot it counts as a blaster hit.

Lunch:
-Pack one or bring money to go out and buy food during the lunch break.

Match Types:
-Deathmatch (3-15, 5-20, etc.)
-Not Deathmatch (will figure out what once I get a better idea of who will be attending)
-CTF?
-Pistol only rounds
-Whatever else we want to play

Please post below saying whether or not you can attend, and what date/location works best for you. Also, if you have advice for venue choice, please post below or PM me (for example, if you know of a better venue in the area, or one of the three mentioned above just suck). Please bring guests/friends/family if possible! The more the merrier! Let's make this an amazing war!

Attendees:

Definite:
ChaosPropel
Landstricker,+1
pepperjj31
Doom
Keo
Andtheherois+1
Structure, possibly +1
Thesaz123
DarkPC
TheSilentRebel
T-Dog
Crankymonky
Langley
DX
Shandsgator8
TED(supposedly incredible)

Maybe:
Dizzyduck
Nerfnoob10
Majinnbu
Jerm
LeafyNerf

Edited by ChaosPropel, 23 February 2012 - 06:46 AM.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#2 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm a maybe for now, I'll need to talk with hoongfu, and depending on my funds after Grid Code (if it happens).
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#3 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Excuse the second post, but I felt this would be appropriate.

I will most likely be arriving to the war up to 2 hours late (11:30-12:00, depending on how long it takes to get to the venue, assuming we're playing at College Park. If it's Beall, I'd prolly get there earlier). I will try to hand off any materials I have that you guys would need (tarp/fabric for cover, mainly) to Landstricker before the war.

I'd just like to make sure that you guys are OK with the "no host, just play" idea highlighted in the planning thread, as I, the "host" would not be getting there at the beginning of the war. I do not believe that a real "HOST" is necessary for these smaller wars, as all I've really done in the past as host is, besides taking responsibility for anything that could potentially happen at the war, set up mobstacles and plan the next round. Other than get ready for rounds, set up cover, and enforce rules, a host isn't really necessary. I think that we, big boys, could do that w/o a chaperone?

Edited by ChaosPropel, 26 January 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#4 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm in, possibly bringing my guest. As for the materials, ya we can probably work some thing out so that I can bring them early.

#5 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

i'll talk to my parents, It sounds like fun!

I vote for the elementary school location.

Edited by thesaz123, 26 January 2012 - 09:18 PM.

Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#6 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm definitely likely.

Edited by Keo, 26 January 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#7 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

I am a no-go for that weekend. You guys tear it up!

#8 TheSilentRebel

TheSilentRebel

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm a maybe, I'll have to see.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

#9 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I'd be into trying Calvert road. Also cause, having Doom would be a big plus.

#10 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

All you maybes, get your butts confirmed! :P
Come on guys, I'd like to get a location decided soon, so put your votes in!

#11 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

I'm a maybe and either location works for me.

#12 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

This date is good for me. And either location is fine, but I prefer Calvert Rd. Park because it is close to where I live and we haven't tried it yet.

#13 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

When you say no camo, do you mean no full camo or can I have just 1 piece ? Like, I'd still have regular jeans and stuff but a real army desert jacket I have would be nice to wear as it has 4 perfect pockets for ammo/pistols/clips/speedloaders.

#14 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

When you say no camo, do you mean no full camo or can I have just 1 piece ? Like, I'd still have regular jeans and stuff but a real army desert jacket I have would be nice to wear as it has 4 perfect pockets for ammo/pistols/clips/speedloaders.

That's fine, lol. I'm not gonna regulate your wardrobe. I just meant don't come in full camo/looking like you wanna milsim.

#15 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

That's fine, lol. I'm not gonna regulate your wardrobe. I just meant don't come in full camo/looking like you wanna milsim.

Yay! Are you gonna put this(by which, I mean the war thread)on NRev too ?

EDIT: Also, is this getting its own trading thread, or do it here ?

Edited by Keo, 29 January 2012 - 12:25 AM.

#16 MajinnBuu98

MajinnBuu98

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'm a maybe for now, But my vote is for beall

#17 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'm a maybe for now, But my vote is for Beall

Would Collpark work for you? The majority of the votes are for Cpark, and I think I'd prefer it as well, as we've never tried it and we've used Beall so much already.

I will post a trading thread soon.

#18 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Going to be rough for me doing a Sunday war, right after Grid Code. I would like to make it, but it will probably be a spur-of-the-moment decision a few days before the war if I do.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#19 pepperjj31

pepperjj31

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'm in. By the way i'm Jonathan, Chaos' guest from previous DCNFs.

Edited by pepperjj31, 30 January 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#20 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Going to be rough for me doing a Sunday war, right after Grid Code. I would like to make it, but it will probably be a spur-of-the-moment decision a few days before the war if I do.

Carpool, perhaps? I could convince Hoongfu to give us shelter Saturday night, so as to not drive 3 and a half hours in the morning.

Edited by andtheherois, 31 January 2012 - 12:01 AM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#21 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

I'm a maybe for now, but will be a yes as soon as I can find a ride.

#22 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

I'm a maybe, pending my work schedule.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#23 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

I can't make it if it is a sunday, maybe...

#24 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

I would still love to make it back to the DMV area for a war, but I'd have to spend both Friday night and Sunday night with a host. It's a punishing drive from CT, before factoring in any traffic.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#25 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

As of now, my attendence status is Most Likely. I have to work out some plans. Is it going to be at the first or 2nd park listed? If it's a the second park it's most likely a no for me.
Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users