M6d Psitol

rubberband gun

31 replies to this topic

#26 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:31 PM

Hey Vintage, do you have instructions to that k'nex shooting gun you made?

#27 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:03 PM

Hey Vintage, do you have instructions to that k'nex shooting gun you made?

I am sorry, which one?

I might take this concept, though, and make an entirely new gun.

I finished one that uses the cock-then-shoot method. It works much better, but looks much worse. About the only things that make it look like a pistol are the trigger, and handle. But I am pleased that the design is now off my chest and I can now go on to bigger an better things.

~Vintage

Edited by Vintage, 18 May 2004 - 11:08 PM.

You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#28 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:28 PM

Ok, I made the pistol, and it sucks.  The action is awesome (cock the hammer for each shot), but the darts don't shoot.  The rubber band doesn't slide off the small green pegs at all.  I tried a couple other possibilities, but they failed.

I might take this concept, though, and make an entirely new gun.

~Vintage

Before I actually made this gun I went ahead and tried a different design. Then I saw Vintage's link and built the actual model. The bad thing about mine is
1. It doesn't look as good
2. It doesn't have a trigger (it's a strange lever pull system although i may work a trigger on soon).

However with mine I can fire further, and I can make it to fire about six to eight shots at once or in single fire mode (without reloading). I'm going to try to make it look better and put a trigger on but both of those are looking unlikely.

EDIT: Ok I've kind of "perfected" the design of the gun. It's more like a shot gun now than a handgun but it still works really well. The accuracy is pretty good and I think I may be able to attach a trigger. However the "firing in rapid succession" thing doesn't work. Instead they all go out at the same time and scatter kind of like a shotgun blast. It's kind of cool and I think if I keep working at it I can get the single fire/rapid fire thing to work.

Edited by Blaster, 19 May 2004 - 09:13 PM.

"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#29 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:30 PM

The one that you said could burst through cardboard.

#30 Highlander

Highlander

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:42 PM

K'nex is an interesting idea. I have been in the rubber band gun buisness for some time now. What I use is wood and steel. My big brother has an Arc welder so I can do that kind of stuff.
There can be only one!!!

#31 KNEX Man

KNEX Man

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:35 AM

Hey man nice idea! Do you think u could email me the instructions? Email them to me at tremblay.trav@rainbow.edu.on.ca please. (the only account i can acsess at school!

Thanx!

#32 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:48 PM

K'nex man, the topic is several months old. Try to avoid posting in these topics, I think you're better off PMing the topic starter if you have a question regarding a topic that's so old. Well, I DO congratulate you on your near-impeccable use of grammer. Just try to avoid posting in old topics unless you have something to contribute.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users