Slambow Video

WATCH THIS DAMN VIDEO

37 replies to this topic

#26 nerfdartsmith21

nerfdartsmith21

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

Wait a second Fome, a nerf war is just a game of tag. Not World War Bajillion and Five, I'm sure anyone who isn't absolutely crazy knows in games like this, it's more about having fun than winning. Split did a very good job with the Slambow and it's slamfiring mechanisim. Your toggle switch idea is very nice, but how about presenting it to him nicely or even better, doing it!!! No need to call Split an egotistical douche. Anyway, great job Split, can't wait to see the writeup.

#27 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

Also, for someone who makes simple homemade guns, which in the grand scheme of engineering and human development, is a pretty fucking insignificant achievement, you're kind of an egotistical douche. Come at me with that attitude when you cure cancer, bro....I live in North Idaho, can't be helped

1) I had cancer; Split cured me.
2) The only thing worse than southern Idaho is "North Idaho." That must be the 57th state Obama's always talking about.
3) In the grand scope of human development, what isn't insignificant?

Split, nice job. I'm still upset that right after I finally get a homemade, it's rendered obsolete within a couple months. I'm trying hard to impress "the man" so that I get selected for that teaching position. Then I can spend a couple more years here with a bit more free time and more opportunities to make you look bad. But seriously, that is a very cool idea with an awesome design and great execution.

Also, I demand a 1,000 word essay outlining the differences between and advantages of egotism and egoism. It may be a little pedantic of me to insist on proper usage of the two, but I'm a little pretentious by nature.

P.S. I have a great new idea for a scenario war. We can pretend my backyard is "North Idaho" (a splinter faction state of right wing extremist Zen-strategists who stockpile guns and hate logic) and we have to infiltrate their bunker before they force the civilian population to drink the Kool-aid.

#28 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Seoully... lolwut?

Split - nice job. Looking forward to the writeup. Keep on pushing the tech-envelope!
Fugly is a feature.

#29 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

Seoully... lolwut?

Two days with no sleep, followed by Nyquil. That should explain it.

#30 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

Daaaaamn, massive burn out of nowhere!

Look, I realize there's a select group of nerfers that like to all hang out, have sleepovers in their Nerf PJs, talk about what they think vaginas might feel like, and defend each other viciously on the internet, but seriously, the MidWest (or wherever the fuck you guys live) gang bang gets old after a while.

I will outline my argument very simply so that maybe the butt brigade can follow along without getting too emotional:

1.) This is very cool.

2.) But unfinished in its current form. It needs something to be...
a.) more predictable (misfires*), and
b.) easier and faster to switch, like...

3.) Some sort of toggle!

Also:

Tantumbull: Hey cool man, but can you add a toggle so it's easier to switch?
Split: Yeah, I'll see what I can do. Digital hi-five bro!!!1

Fome: I like it, but maybe you could make it easier to switch firing modes so it's more practical?
Split: SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING

*If you link the firing to the return motion of the pump then it's GOING to happen and don't pretend like it won't.

#31 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:59 AM

Tantumbull: Hey cool man, but can you add a toggle so it's easier to switch?
Split: Yeah, I'll see what I can do. Digital hi-five bro!!!1

Fome: I like it, but maybe you could make it easier to switch firing modes so it's more practical?
Split: SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING

I'm sorry, did your favorite group of internet e-thugs and dousches[sic] give you some butthurt?

Your points 1-3 are all legitimate concerns, which Split already said he'd look into. Tantum got some epeen handjob because he actually proposed a method to address it. You simply restated a bunch of obvious things, ate some self-importance pills, and then attempted some humor, wich being upon retorted, your self-importance balloon seemed to burst righteous nerdrage and furious indignation everywhere.

It may seem obvious to you what possible flaws there are, but you must really design, test, and build for yourself. Perhaps in doing so you'll realize it really isn't a problem, or discover an elegant solution to what actually is an issue. Until that happens, we can just flop around together in the pool of spergy theorycraft while substituting imitation for innovation.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#32 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

Look, I realize there's a select group of nerfers that like to all hang out, have sleepovers in their Nerf PJs, talk about what they think vaginas might feel like, and defend each other viciously on the internet, but seriously, the MidWest (or wherever the fuck you guys live) gang bang gets old after a while.

Just because it matters to me, the reason I can make fun of Idaho is because I lived there for YEARS! I don't admit that very often, but nevertheless, it's true. I lived in southern Idaho. It's kinda like how we can call each other crackuh, but you can't call me that.

Also, beneath my avatar it says that I'm in NY. Underneath Split's, the two letters "NJ" appear.

As for "vicious defense," I simply find it greatly amusing how seriously you are taking this.

Pillow fight, anyone?

#33 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:52 AM

You got me, right down to the N-STRIKE TACTICOOL PAJAMAS I always wear (whoops well not always). I've always wondered what vagina might feel like. It's probably gross, right? I bet it's gross.

Edited by Ice Nine, 13 August 2010 - 08:14 AM.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#34 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

Da Midwest be where dem Hood Thugz be livin' dawwgg. On topic, Fome, you're having a spaz-fest. It sounds like you're going through your period. Just sayin, just sayin.

P.S..... The midwest roolzz....

Edited by utahnerf, 27 August 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#35 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

Da Midwest be where dem Hood Thugz be livin' dawwgg. On topic, Fome, you're having a spaz-fest. It sounds like you're going through your period. Just sayin, just sayin.

Don't ever post like that again.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#36 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

Please don't change if Talio tries to suspend you I'll talk to Vacc about it.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#37 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

Don't undermine me. There are things I can do that cannot be undone.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#38 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

Like trying to squeeze into that wetsuit.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users