Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm certain I missed something. If anything is unclear, just ask. I'll be willing to take pics to clarify whatever needs clarify-a-mi-fication.

Edited by dizzyduck, 19 January 2010 - 10:49 AM.

Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#3 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

I'm not saying "WHERES THE PAINTJOB, DIZ", but I am saying I'd like a few things to be bumped up to add to it. Even just some flat black on the stock and a slightly better constructed plunger rod handle would really make this thing look as intimidating as it really is.

Amazing work though man. What barrel length/material are you using?
How badly is the gun rattling when it's fired/how loud is it currently?

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#4 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

That is very fucking cool.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#5 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

I'm not saying "WHERES THE PAINTJOB, DIZ", but I am saying I'd like a few things to be bumped up to add to it. Even just some flat black on the stock and a slightly better constructed plunger rod handle would really make this thing look as intimidating as it really is.

29 degree temperatures + 25 mph wind gusts = painting fail

Amazing work though man. What barrel length/material are you using?
How badly is the gun rattling when it's fired/how loud is it currently?

11 inches of CPVC, but again, the weather conditions have not allowed me to test this thing like I would like to outdoors, and my indoor test place is currently being used.

It's loud enough to startle the birds outside, and loud enough for my mother to hear it two stories below.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#6 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

I prefer to use mine stock (more or less). A first shot spring is an excellent replacement spring. While it IS a hair shorter than the stock, but it increases range considerably.
Gimme back my bullets....

#7 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

I gotta triple strike with a hokey top barrel. you should pm me.
This is an awesome mod. It is in the directory for sure!
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#8 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:04 AM

Yeah, I always forget that to put the weather into consideration, the college downtown has a spray painting room where you can set the temperature of the room and it has a big fume vacuum.

Alright. Do you think the loudness is something FBR or whatshisfaces modeling clay sound dampening could really help?
Speaking of integration, are you in need of the sawtooth scope/considering the sawtooths scope for the integration?

Back to to the matter of the handle, if you don't already have plans, Taking some lexan and putting in the over (when you're home alone for a long while so you can get rid of the smell haha), or a heat gun and bending is something you could definitely try.

#9 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:21 AM

Alright. Do you think the loudness is something FBR or whatshisfaces modeling clay sound dampening could really help?

Yes. Foam insulation around the exposed part of the plunger tube (in the channel where the clip would normally go) would definitely reduce the noise, but then I wouldn't be able to see inside the plunger tube, which is something I kinda like about the setup I have now. I guess it's a trade-off.

Speaking of integration, are you in need of the sawtooth scope/considering the sawtooths scope for the integration?

Nope. Any integration would go into the clip channel.

Back to to the matter of the handle, if you don't already have plans, Taking some lexan and putting in the over (when you're home alone for a long while so you can get rid of the smell haha), or a heat gun and bending is something you could definitely try.

The handle is pretty much set. It's not the most comfortable, but it works, and it's removable in the event that I need to change the spring or something like that.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#10 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

I know exactly what you mean about being able to see inside the plunger tube.

Yeah I guess "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Alright, that's all I wanted to say. Once again, amazing work, man.

#11 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

Glad you put those rods to use! What method did you use to attach them together? They were only a foot long so...

#12 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

Glad you put those rods to use! What method did you use to attach them together? They were only a foot long so...

I drilled a hole into the back end of each and inserted a 1/8" steel rod to join them, then filled the holes with glue and glued the rods themselves together.

So far it's holding up quite well, though one of my holes was slightly off-center and as a result it's a bit crooked.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#13 flamingeyes245

flamingeyes245

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

wing'd man: added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole! haha!

Anyways, I am not sure that you mentioned the type of spring that you used.
If you could just say what type it is and where you got it that would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Keep your friends close,
And your Nerf guns closer.

External Modification contest, check it out!

Using anything I write as a sig makes your penis shoot rainbows. Bitches LOVE rainbows
^^VACC

#14 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

Anyways, I am not sure that you mentioned the type of spring that you used.
If you could just say what type it is and where you got it that would be very helpful.

http://i285.photobuc...anton/str12.jpg

read moar sig suggestive replies less
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#15 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

Pretty bitchin'. I like it.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#16 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

Dizzy, you should probably cut down the magazine shell, and cove the hole with the cuttings. Then you won't have a wonky front end to fool with!

Edited by CA13, 07 January 2010 - 10:05 PM.

Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#17 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

Dizzy, you should probably cut down the magazine shell, and cove the hole with the cuttings. Then you won't have a wonky front end to fool with!

I actually like the holes in the front to see down into the plunger tube. Also the "magazine" is more like a series of tubes attached at the back to a little frame with some notches cut into it, so I don't think that would work very well.

Besides, I have plans for that space.

*evil chuckle*
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#18 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

The recent trend of homemade internals is really cool.

Now potentially any blaster can be revived and/or improved with a basic homemade internal swap.

The shell of this blaster is also really cool which is why the new internals make it a good (function and looks) primary.

Edited by A side of nerf, 08 January 2010 - 09:32 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#19 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

The shell of this blaster is also really cool which is why the new internals make it a good (function and looks) primary.

Quite so. I was very glad to be able to finally get a Sawtooth shell. It's very comfortable, especially with the CPVC stock, and has plenty of room for integrations.

I promised myself I wouldn't call it a "poor man's xbow", but the similarities are definitely there after "rifle-ization".
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#20 defcon44

defcon44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:33 PM

Nice! Now im gonna have to get one.....

QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Dec 5 2006, 09:58 PM) View Post
The trigger is not hard to depress at all. I would say its as easier than depressing a teenager.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users