VANO is here!

72 replies to this topic

#26 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:13 PM

Yes Sir...
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#27 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:58 PM

Moooooove Out!

Really though, would you mind? Cause I got to work on my AT3000. I think I will do the mod cxwq did. Does anyone have any experience with this mod, can you give me some input?
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#28 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:26 AM

I could sell you 4 feet of it, and Nello could help you with the mod afterwords... I'm sure it's not a brain buster.

Anyways, I think if we want to continue on this conversation, we should do it in a chatroom or something. No point in being a post-whore, should only post if we got something remotly useful to contribute to this thread.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#29 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:25 PM

Well, this is still a relevant topic,
How much would 4 feet be? Also, how many people can you (Jappo) and Nello bring?
Hunter

#30 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:21 PM

Well, I'll see how much PETG I still have and how much I'll need. Also, if anyone has guns they're looking for or guns they want to sell or trade, please bring them to the war so we can have a look at everything.
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#31 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:52 PM

Good idea!
Another great reason to bring your arsenal. Unless, of course, it's the size of some pictures I have seen. Check This!

PS. I found out the Stefan Mohr graduated from Centennial. I wonder if this is the one close to us! Does anyone know how to contact him?

Edited by Hunter, 09 April 2004 - 12:53 PM.

Hunter

#32 Lord Dis

Lord Dis

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:41 PM

I coming out of retirement, and coming all the way from Nairobi to take part in this war. (by Nairobi i mean North Vancouver) Je vais tuer tout le monde.... Dans le Pamplemousse.
What the hell does the internet need a horse for? I think Wintermute must be crazy

#33 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:35 PM

...Dans le Pamplemousse.

You'll kill everyone in the grapefruit, huh? Wow.

Je ne comprend pas la francais, je n'ai pas le cerveau.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 10 April 2004 - 05:40 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#34 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:09 PM

Does anyone know how to contact him?

PM him?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#35 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:16 PM

Oh! I didn't realize he had an account! Thanks cxwq!

Please email me if interested, Lord Dis.

I really don't know why Canada has a French poplulation. We were a British Colony for so long, and the French help revolutionize the States... You would think there would be more French in the States, but they are all here.... makes you think...

Edited by Hunter, 10 April 2004 - 07:23 PM.

Hunter

#36 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:33 PM

Funny things happen when you don't read the onscreen directions when using Ghost.. Like... you drop the wrong partition and lose all your bookmarks (and homework, and music, and...). Needless to say I lose everything and kinda forgot about NH until Hunter PMd me and I got an email.
So, hi.

I got the lowdown on the VANO/VANS (GVNO?) but I can't make it - work that day (and all the surrounding days, besides). Like I said to Hunter, my life is total chaos right now as I prepare to do my final finals, ditch the McJob, and find something that'll buy me a BMW. Or a Kia. Whatever.

What really sucks is that the park you picked is like a 15 minute walk from my house (ok, well more like 40 but 15 sounds good). Odds are next year I won't be working weekends and I'd be all over that!

I'll troll the boards once again, now.

Btw, any Vancouver boys making their own darts? If I could find my old dart mold I could hand that over to someone to carry the torch.

I go now.
I like my women like I like my coffee...
Ground up and in the freezer.

#37 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 10:59 AM

It would be an honour if you handed it over to me, Stefan. It really would.

Although, I must mention, Zero is a damn good modder. :cry: BUT, he has his own dart mod. Zero's Site, Foam Moddified. So.....

It's your reputation to carry on, you choose......

pick me..... :D

Hunter

PS I think we are going with VANS, Vancouver Annual Nerf Skirmish. GVNO sounds good, I think I will use that for a later war. I wanted VANO, but that is taken by Virginia.

PPS. On Zero's site he says in the Mod/Basics section, and I quote,

It just takes more work. Thus why I sometimes refer to Stefans as the "Lazy Man's" ammo.

:o

Edited by Hunter, 11 April 2004 - 02:18 PM.

Hunter

#38 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:31 PM

PPS. On Zero's site he says in the Mod/Basics section, and I quote, 

It just takes more work. Thus why I sometimes refer to Stefans as the "Lazy Man's" ammo.

:D

You have to first realize one thing before you read my site: I was a stupid kid.

[...I probably still am.. :cry:]

Lazy is my way of hiding the fact that the foam collar takes an unnecessary amount of time to attach. Take that as a compliment to the Stefan dart's simplicity. A "zero dart" is just a modified stefan anyways, I never hid that fact. (Nerf politics indeed. :o)

Sad to hear you can't come out Stefan. I'm glad you were proactive enough to secure that McJob, can't say the same myself. I'm trying to line myself up for a job at a... Soap factory...

We could always schedule another war in the summer. It'll be a bit harder, but there's no yearly limit or anything of that sort.

[Happy Easter!]

Edited by Zero Talent, 11 April 2004 - 01:59 PM.

"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#39 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:00 PM

What a side-step, Zero! Nerf Politics, eh? I guess that makes you the Nerf Prime Minister then? Wanna be the BIG MAN around, eh? EH?

Where do I sign up?

Edited by Hunter, 11 April 2004 - 02:19 PM.

Hunter

#40 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:56 PM

That dart totally was a lazy ass's ammo of choice. FBR is flawed in and of itself just due to the bending... Even with all the straightening that you can do, you're still going to have some minute bending that will make it imperfect.. Oh well, nothing else we can do, short of buying straight reams of the stuff from Nerf or from their manufacturer (who I guarantee is just a weatherstripping company).

I didn't check out the site yet - will do later. Gotta replace my headlight before the hockey game starts!

NUCKS IN SEVEN

#41 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:04 PM

GO NUCKS GO!
Any news on the dart mod?... Oh god I must sound anxious. Oh god I'm anxious.
:D

:wacko:

Edited by Hunter, 11 April 2004 - 08:05 PM.

Hunter

#42 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 12:37 AM

I didn't check out the site yet - will do later. Gotta replace my headlight before the hockey game starts!

Don't bother. It's scary-ugly, so unless you're looking for a specific mod, it's not a very good read. Good resource for linking, bad read. Full of chronological issues. Nerf Haven has my best stuff.

[...And you all thought I was joking when I repeatedly insulted it in my signatures.]

I just use the blowdryer technique, and the RCR stuff get's pretty straight... Enough so that I can't really tell without a straightedge on hand. Just try the shuffle technique... Nab a hair dryer, get a cardboard box, put a circular hole in one corner, throw in dart stubs, put in the hair dryer (point diagonally for dryer-like shuffle action), and let it go for maybe a minute, checking in between. Should straighten out all by itself, so long as you don't overheat or melt the stuff.

But yeah, something from Nomafoam, which I believe was Nerf's supplier, would be perfect. Expensive, but perfect.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#43 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:45 PM

Well since I was bored during my two spares this morning I decided to roam the halls. Guess what I saw... 1999 Graduation class...

Interesting to see one of the most famous people in nerf graduated from my high school. A bunch of my friends shared a good laugh at this.

#44 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:53 PM

May I ask what school? And, your implying Mohr... right?
Hunter

#45 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

Argyle, in North Vancouver.

#46 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 06:56 PM

Cool,
Hey Nello and Jappo, you can definetly come to VANS, right? Any guests?
And all of you people who said you can come, I need a DEFINITE YES. Just say YES! Get your parents to say YES. YES to the people!

Edited by Hunter, 13 April 2004 - 07:11 PM.

Hunter

#47 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:15 AM

I'm a definate. And yes I was talking about Mr. Mohr.

#48 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 02:23 PM

Note to all comming to VANS:
1. I need a response from EVERYONE. Yes/No and Number of Guests if any.
2. My dad is a real stickler when it comes to language. I am just warning you know, at least watch your language a bit when around him. I usually try not to say anything at all, it helps. But really.... he freaks when people swear. And since he has to power to just throw me in the van and drive home.... I am warning you now. This thought came to me when watching some of the Armagedon/YANO videos. ^_^

If you need my phone number, which I am very ok with, PM me. I recommend it.

Edited by Hunter, 16 April 2004 - 05:42 PM.

Hunter

#49 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 12:58 AM

Eww they have my picture up there don't they?
Horrors.

I'd come and see but that school got whacked by the ugly stick pretty HARD from what I saw. What's with the broken awning out front? They ever gonna straighten that thing out?

Anyways, I'm a no as said before. If there's another "function" some time I might make an appearance and offload some of my crap (like I really need that stupid Autogrip.. Doesn't even fit on my wrist anymore).

#50 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 01:38 PM

There goes 5 grand to modern art. The school board says, "Hmmmm, there's 5 large left in the renovation budget. Lets make an awning for kids to stand under so they don't get wet while waiting for their parents to pick them up. Oh, one more thing, it has to be so slanted and ugly that it can't actually work properly. Oh heck, while we're at it we might as well paint it orange, yellow, and grey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users