VANO is here!

72 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 05:02 PM

To All Nerfers of The Greater Vancouver Area,

VANO is underway! We have a location, Carisbrooke Park in North Vancouver! It will be sometime in late April, a Saturday about 10:30 to 2 or 3ish. The hardcore guys will probably go later. This location is close to fastfood and other necessities.

FIRST ANNUAL VANO!

VANCOUVER ANNUAL NERF OUT!

If interested, please contact me, Hunter, at....
nerfvancouver@hotmail.com
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#2 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:34 AM

I'd be up for it, I am kinda a newb as far as nerfing goes though.

#3 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

Skill level is not important so long as there are no jerks, whinners, or cheaters in attendance. I'm in favour of pushing the date back to the first of May to allow for more preparation. I'll be looking for a back up location within walking distance from the park and we'll have to hope it doesn't rain. Me and Jappo will be there as well as 3 or 4 others. My only concern about Carisbrooke is the long commute from Surrey and Mission. Eyewear will be mandatory as well as your own supply of darts.
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#4 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:16 AM

Eyewear.. We're talking safety goggles, or sunglasses?

The most powerful gun I'll be bringing is merely ~100ft shot Crossbow, shooting specially designed lightweight darts. We're talking steel bb weight, foam padding, and about 4cm long. Small, light, low-impact.

Is anyone planning on bringing homemades, or anything potentially dangerous?

I will have to go sunglass or goggle shopping, pending.

Oh, and dare I ask.. Hand to hand? Seeing as I'm making an ass of myself in public, may as well use foam nunchukas too. :)

--

"But, of course, Suns are very good at booting! So good, they sometimes spontaneously boot, just to let you know they're in peak form!"

#5 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:21 AM

I'll be wearing sunglasses. I don't think we should allow homemades, but I personally have no problems with anyone using SM5K's or other high power nerf blasters. I'll be bringing multiple blasters that shoot over 100ft, but I'll most likely be using an AT3K most of the time. We use typical hot glue tip stefans with 1/2 a size 7 split shot weight. I've never personally used H2H before so we'll have to see what everyone thinks.
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#6 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:03 AM

If I come I'll be using 5/8 stefans with 2-3 bb's.I would probly use my sm15500 and splitfire or my bbb/sm750 integeration and I might bring a couple PC's. Is anyone going to use a sm5000 or homemade. I'm just worried about someone being shot by a sm5000 from like 10-20 feet.
GO CANUCKS WIN WIN WIN YOU GUYS BETTER WIN -me

#7 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:28 PM

I'll be there for sure. I'm using my 2 SM1500's and maybe my SM3K's if I mod them by then. Even though they arn't that great.

I'm free almost every weekend so I guess since Nello and I will be traveling together May 1st would be a nice date to do it.

Edited by Jappo, 02 April 2004 - 03:28 PM.

"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#8 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:45 PM

The war will be on April 24th at Carisbrooke park in north vancouver. You MUST contact myself of Nello if interested by email.
My email is nerfvancouver@hotmail.com
Eyewear will be anything that covers the eyes. Yes, both of them. Sunglasses or goggles, whatever.
Bring all, or most, of your guns. We cannot make rules about guns until we see them. If you are unsure if your homemade/modded gun will be allowed, you must have a backup, as Nello and I have the power to disallow any gun to dangerous.
Time of the war will be posted soon.
We also need a name: I wanted VANO but i found out that is the Virginia Annual Nerf out... so someone in Virginia got it first. Anyone is free to post any interesting or creative names for this Vancouver Annual Nerf Out. Please include the words Vancouver and Nerf...
Contact me if interested in VANO (name pending)
Hunter

#9 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:04 AM

I can think of Vancouver Area(or annual) Nerf Session (VANS). Don't really care about the name too much.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#10 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:02 PM

Excellent, I should be able to attend that then. Has anybody contacted Stefan? I'm not sure if he'd be interested, but it's always worth a try to get as many competitors as possible.

Yeah, the name sounds just fine, because it works. We can always change the meaning later.. Like Vancouver Area Nerf Skirmish, or something equally silly.
I'm sad that none of my homemades are complete for the game... But the war's just after my birthday and exam set, so it'll be perfect.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#11 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:20 PM

UPDATE!

VANS (I love the name, either Vancouver Area/Annual Nerf Session/Skirmish whatever, good acronym)

As of now, the date is May 15th, the 3rd Saturday in May. It will be at Carisbrooke Park in North Vancouver. Please arrive at 10:30 and we will go until 3 ish. We will stop for lunch, so please bring a bag lunch or some money to go to the nearby fast food joints. Mandatory eye protect, from sunglasses to safety googles. Bring all, or most, of your guns. Some homemades MAY not be allowed, so you should bring backups. Please bring your modified guns to show off and teach others. No hand to hand combat, that is rediculously dorky. Hardcore guys may go latter than 3 o'clock. If we are having a good time and you want to stay, you are invited to, although it will be "unofficial."

NOTE: If you are interested in comming you MUST contact me at..
(Those of you who have already contacted me, dont worry)

Hope to see you there!
Hunter
Hunter

#12 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:13 PM

No hand to hand combat, that is rediculously dorky.

Not awesome and manly, like launching foam insulation at low velocities with cheap plastic toys! Perspective, man, perspective. ^_^

That perspective doesn't matter too much, however; I won't be able to attend a war on May 15th. Oddly enough, I'll be in California from the 10th to 17th.... And regrettably, those are pretty solid plans set out by my parents a few days ago... Family outing of sorts, on the only week this summer that my parents could get off work at the same time. I apologize for not informing you of this, but I thought that we were planning it for late April.

Very unfortunate for me, but I'm sure we could plan more wars in the future, especially in the summer. Have fun, guys!
- Death

#13 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:38 PM

ITS YOUR LUCKY DAY ZERO!

VANS!!!
Vancouver Annual Nerf Skirmish is REDATED again....
THE NEW DATE IS MAY 1st!!!!

As of now, the date is May 1st, the 1st Saturday in May. It will be at Carisbrooke Park in North Vancouver. Please arrive at 10:30 and we will go until 3 ish. We will stop for lunch, so please bring a bag lunch or some money to go to the nearby fast food joints. Mandatory eye protect, from sunglasses to safety googles. Bring all, or most, of your guns. Some homemades MAY not be allowed, so you should bring backups. Please bring your modified guns to show off and teach others. Not much H2H, please, if you insist on bringing H2H gear, so be it... Hardcore guys may go latter than 3 o'clock. If we are having a good time and you want to stay, you are invited to, although it will be "unofficial."

NOTE: If you are interested in comming you MUST contact me at..
(Those of you who have already contacted me, dont worry)

Hope to see you there!
Hunter
Sorry for having to redate it... again.... yeah....

Edited by Hunter, 03 April 2004 - 08:43 PM.

Hunter

#14 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:38 PM

Oddly enough, I'll be in California from the 10th to 17th....

Where in California?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#15 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:18 AM

Right on! I should be long done exams by then, and easily able to attend. Now I just gotta get my Crossbow up and running again...

From the looks of it, somewhere around... Wow, California has a large number of counties... The Los Angeles/Orange counties. The folks seem to want to go to Disneyland. Silly people, them. [I apologize if I got the geography wrong, my grasp of any geography is quite poor. Victoria? What's that?]

If there happens to be a war scheduled during that time, that'd be pretty cool... Or hell, if you just want to hang out, that'd be fun. My parents might consider a slight deviation, or I could experience the joy of public transit... There's always a way.
I wouldn't mind seeing your different blasters in mod transition, too... That Crossbow sounds promising. I just doubt I'd have much on my end... Probably get delayed at the border with a plastic gun *, detained for using foam insulation in an unconstitutional way... Considering the family nature of the vacation, I'm sure the risk would be unacceptable.

Well, whatever happens, this summer is looking up.

[* If this is neccessary, maybe it would be wiser just to bring some arbitrary pieces of an experimental homemade, and buy all the common/threatening hardware when we get to our hotel/motel/hostel/hole. I'd just need a few tools, which I will require when I move out next fall anyways.]

Edited by Zero Talent, 04 April 2004 - 03:29 AM.

- Death

#16 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:02 PM

So, you can come, Zero? Your like the guest of Honor, man. Heh.
Hunter

#17 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:39 PM

So, you can come, Zero? Your like the guest of Honor, man. Heh.

What??? I thought I was :cry: . Ya its good that Zero can come. Now just gotta beat all my friends into submission to come.

Is anyone bringing Video Cams, or normal Cameras?

I might be able to bring a Digital Cam... but I can't be positive about that.

Edited by Jappo, 04 April 2004 - 03:47 PM.

#18 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:47 PM

From the looks of it, somewhere around... Wow, California has a large number of counties... The Los Angeles/Orange counties. The folks seem to want to go to Disneyland. Silly people, them. [I apologize if I got the geography wrong, my grasp of any geography is quite poor. Victoria? What's that?]

If there happens to be a war scheduled during that time, that'd be pretty cool... Or hell, if you just want to hang out, that'd be fun. My parents might consider a slight deviation, or I could experience the joy of public transit... There's always a way.
I wouldn't mind seeing your different blasters in mod transition, too... That Crossbow sounds promising. I just doubt I'd have much on my end... Probably get delayed at the border with a plastic gun *, detained for using foam insulation in an unconstitutional way... Considering the family nature of the vacation, I'm sure the risk would be unacceptable.

Well, whatever happens, this summer is looking up.

[* If this is neccessary, maybe it would be wiser just to bring some arbitrary pieces of an experimental homemade, and buy all the common/threatening hardware when we get to our hotel/motel/hostel/hole. I'd just need a few tools, which I will require when I move out next fall anyways.]

Sorry to temporarily co-opt your war thread here...

Zero, Disneyland is within about 10 minutes drive of the usual YANO/Armageddon war location.

It would be cool to hang out, it would be cooler to have a war. As far as guns for the war go, homemades are verboten but I'd be happy to loan you a gun or two from my arsenal so you could come play.

#19 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 04:26 PM

No problem cxwq. Your the main man around here. Your word is the law, man. Say what you want.

But people, I need a YES or NO and how many guest (must be nerf enthusiasts) if any. I can bring a digital camera (still), a damn good one. If anyone has a digital camera (action) that would be cool, too. We will have to post some pictures around.

Edited by Hunter, 04 April 2004 - 04:29 PM.

Hunter

#20 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:59 PM

http://www.geocities...ied/A-OKNHQ.txt

If that answers your question, Hunter. I talked it over with the guys, and they don't seem too keen on coming. Something about being lame-ass pantywipes, too afraid to make childish fools of themselves in public. In fact, perhaps those were their exact words.

Cxwq: Homemades... Absolutely disallowed? Not even a semi-automatic blowback pistol that only gets about 40ft of range with normal darts? It won't even explode when you drop it, I... Dearly wish to be able to promise...
I guess I'll settle for the best blaster in your arsenal... :P
Or time to modify (and the opportunity to buy some PTEG) something I pick up there. What blasters are available in your area, last time you checked? I'd love to get my hands on a TTG.
I should be in LA from May 12th to the 15th. I'll have to work something sneaky out with the parental units... They're quite set on a Griswold-esque vacation.
- Death

#21 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:49 PM

A yes, I guess, from Zero, but no guests? OK. Zero, pick up some extra PETG while your down there. I bet people around here would want some, I do. You could sell it at the next Nerf Out.

PS... Not trying to be rude, but I need a YES or NO and number of guests who are Nerf enthusiasts, if any. Dont bring people that look like any of these: :alien: :huh: :cry: :angry:

Edited by Hunter, 05 April 2004 - 08:13 PM.

Hunter

#22 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:06 PM

Cxwq: Homemades... Absolutely disallowed? Not even a semi-automatic blowback pistol that only gets about 40ft of range with normal darts? It won't even explode when you drop it, I... Dearly wish to be able to promise...
I guess I'll settle for the best blaster in your arsenal... :huh:
Or time to modify (and the opportunity to buy some PTEG) something I pick up there. What blasters are available in your area, last time you checked? I'd love to get my hands on a TTG.
I should be in LA from May 12th to the 15th. I'll have to work something sneaky out with the parental units... They're quite set on a Griswold-esque vacation.

Homemades are absolutely disallowed if we scrape a war together.

I have tons of PETG.

Around here we've got TTG, NF, RF20, and Blast Bazookas in the stores. I can also hook you up with NIB AT3k or Max Shot if you're so inclined. I don't know how much time you'd have for modding if we're going to war, so I'd be happy to loan you whatever you like from my collection. I have two or more of everything I like to use.

If you can confirm availability on the 15th, I'll see what I can do about that war.

#23 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:17 PM

:alien:

Ah shit guys, that means I'm out... ^_^

[...For filing purposes, that was sarcasm.]

Edited by Zero Talent, 05 April 2004 - 10:19 PM.

- Death

#24 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:27 PM

Nello and I did buy some PETG... if you really need some Hunter. But ya Zero we gotta get you to buy some for us... save us BILLIONS on shipping (and by Billions I mean about 10-20 bucks). See if I can scrounge up some loose change. Also gotta finish modding my guns, and my brothers guns. Ug... work...

#25 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:00 PM

Jappo/Nello bring any PETG you are willing to sell. Zero, buy some PETG and you can sell it at the next war.
Hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users