Photo

A Concept For A Rotory-barreled Titan.

My 2nd thread; if I'm out of line for any reason, let me know.

9 replies to this topic

#1 splintered0tree

splintered0tree

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

NOTE: This is not a thread about a gun I, or anyone else built. This is merely a concept.

I had an idea for a home made Nerf Rocket Launcher. For those familiar with the Vulcan, you'll understand this easier;

I got my inspiration from here, and it got me thinking about the possibility of making this monster. For full comprehension, I would check out that link I gave you.

The condensed version; Rotary-style, 4-6 barreled Titan.

Ammunition

This one is simple, You would use modified Nerf Mega Missiles; Mega Missiles without those little fins on them.

Posted Image

Unfortunately, it's a nearly impossible to get more Mega Missiles; they don't sell refills in stores, and they're way too expensive on Ebay. However, a solution has been found! Courtesy of bobafan, you can find an mail-order form HERE. Just visit the link and print out the mail-order form. Fill it out, send it, and wait. It's as simple as 1-2-3!

Firing Mechanism

Posted Image

Do you see where the rear of the rotary barrels meet the the body of the blaster? I thought that it might be possible to use the belt-advancing mechanism from a Vulcan, or at least something very much like it. You know, the geared wheel that pulls the belt through the firing mechanism? That's the one!

It would only have to move whenever you pull the trigger - like a maverick, but stronger. So maybe.... a Maverick-like barrel-advancement system combined with a Vulcan-like belt-advancing wheel.

Posted Image

With the notion of using Vulcan guts to birth a creation as unholy as this, my mind started racing. At this point, I was going through a mental line-up of all the N-strike blasters, and how I could use their many and diverse attributes in this potential project.

Posted Image

For anyone who owns a Vulcan, you should understand how the blaster fires the darts. You turn it on. Or pull back, then push forward the bolt. You proceed to pull the trigger and - Wallah! The dart soars through the air like a drunken pigeon; spiraling, curving to one side, until finally plummeting to the ground. When you pull that trigger; the plunger fires, swiftly forcing the "hammer" to hit the dart--sending it out the barrel and towards the ground.

I imagine that someone(Me? I don't know) could use that Vulcan system in this concept blaster.

Firepower

Aha! We've reached the workhorse of my evil, twisted, fantasy!! For the Firepower portion of my thread, I thought of something truly innovative; Retro-fitting the compressed-air system from a Nerf Titan to the Vulcan's hammer mechanism(previously mentioned)--to launch those Mega Missiles. You would connect the Titan's air bladder to a nozzle, the end result resembling something similar to an At2k.

Posted Image

Every time you pull the trigger, it rotates the barrel(just like a Maverick). This also causes the aforementioned nozzle to move up to the Mega Missile(this is exactly how the Vulcan fires the darts, only this isn't semi- or fully-automatic). This concept blaster would be single shot, similar to a Nitefinder or Titan--Prime, shoot, load; Prime, shoot, load, etc.

To put it in simple terms--You would have yourself a Titan with a 4-6 capacity rotary barrel. Thus increasing it's original capacity of a paltry 1 Mega Missile, to an astounding 4-6 Mega Missiles. Personally, I would keep the original design given by the first image.

I simply had to put all this up before I lost my train of thought.

I am a novice when it comes to modding, I only do simple stuff like AR removal and spring additions. While doing all of this is probably impossibly difficult and time-consuming for me, I think that some of the more-advanced members of the Modding community could do it.

Thank you for reading, have a pleasant tomorrow. Oh, and leave comments!
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

#2 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

To put it in simple terms--You would have yourself a Titan with a 4-6 capacity rotary barrel. Thus increasing it's original capacity of a paltry 1 Mega Missile, to an astounding 4-6 Mega Missiles. Personally, I would keep the original design given by the first image.

I am a novice when it comes to modding, I only do simple stuff like AR removal and spring additions. While doing all of this is probably impossibly difficult and time-consuming for me, I think that some of the more-advanced members of the Modding community could do it.

Concept threads are generally extremely erotic here for various reasons you've demonstrated in your post:

1.) You've accomplished absolutely nothing.
- Seriously, there's nothing here except a vague concept of how you think the end product would look like and function, without any of the actual specifics of how the thing would be built.

2.) You've oversimplified an incredibly difficult concept.
- Do you know how weak the vulcan gear mech is? Do you even have the slightest idea how you'd get the electronics to turn in sync with the trigger pull? Would your power source have enough to even shoot the rockets? Just what the fuck are you actually talking about? The titan requires at least 20 pumps, yet you talk about using it as the air source in a 1-prime 1-shot kinda thing? What about trigger designs, barrel material, sealing the turret with the power source, or the construction of the body, itself?

3.) You're asking people to do work for you.
- which is, just lame.

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

Go buy a ballzooka.

#4 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

As fun as this sounds to play with, the rockets aren't that effective and darts just work better. As well as all the things Fome said. And instead of using the Vulcan or Mavrick or any other turret system, it wouldn't work. You would have to make your own. And to make it shoot like you want it to it would have to be a springer. And if you want to try and make it, the best of luck, but it will be hard to make.
Oh and the "hammer" doesn't shoot the darts in the Vulcan or any other nerf gun. That's when a real guns hammer hits the primer of a bullet. In REAL guns
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:37 AM

This guy is horning in on my territory here... I am actually working on something rather similar to your concept. Some of you may have noticed me buying PAS ball barrels, and those are for said project.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:27 AM

I knew you were making a homemade ballzooka with those!

#7 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:23 AM

Just go get a ballzooka. It is practically the same thing as you're idea.
NERFSTRONG#114

#8 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

Some points of comment:

-Nice idea but no-one (I think even CS nor FA) would take upon such a bizarre project.

-The rockets require an inner barrel, an outer barrel would have way to much contact area, thus to much friction, even with the massive amount of air from the titan, I don't think you could get it past 20 feet.

-The rockets are hollow = deadspace, they can be filled but that makes them to heavy, decreasing range.

-About the vulcan, I disagree with Fome, The turning mech could be used for an application like this with an airgun, because of the 2-way action, the first stroke(the one that pushes the plungertube-end forward), could be used for "loading" a secondairy airtank, the second stroke(the one that actualy releases the plunger) could be used for releasing the second airtank.
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#9 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

Not to rain on your parade, but look at this.

That has all the plans, all the materials, and everything planned out perfectly. Yet still nobody has made it. This is proof that these threads never get anywhere. Ever.

#10 splintered0tree

splintered0tree

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

Not to rain on your parade, but look at this.

That has all the plans, all the materials, and everything planned out perfectly. Yet still nobody has made it. This is proof that these threads never get anywhere. Ever.

Well, now I know. Still learning the ropes here.
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users