November 14th, same location as last time

34 replies to this topic

#26 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts
  • State:California

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

Is any one planning on filming/ photographing this event?
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#27 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

Is any one planning on filming/ photographing this event?

Please... No.

#28 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Well, I certainly would have no objection.

I believe it makes our events more "real" in the minds of others if they can see a few stills posted. And that could help future attendance.

I was planning to bring my camera for a few group shots, but I managed to break it a few days ago.

I'm alright with that, the whole taking this thing super cereal and making a youtube video is not what I would want though. I will bring my camera.

#29 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:51 AM

I'm approaching this from more of a security angle... I have no issue with a few group shots and a few other pictures to chronicle the event, it's more what we do with it, particularly posting them on the internet; it would be wise for us to exercise discernment on how we go about with this. We also have a fair number of minors and neighborhood kids who maybe or may not be involved with the NIC, and their parents may justifiably have concerns over this if they ever find out. Just some thoughts.

See you all tomorrow!
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#30 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:00 PM

Woke up refreshed this morning, for once. Modded three loaner guns in less than an hour last night (got to be some kind of record) and made almost all of my darts already.

This is not normal.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#31 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:34 PM

Fired up and ready to go! :D (except f or a cough i got) On second thought... I don't think I made enough darts. Better Hurry.
BAFF WTB Airtanks, pumps, airgun stuff

#32 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

Sad I couldn't stay for the whole thing but considering that i actually could come Im happy.

Pros
Meeting some Bay Area nerfers
Actually being there
Being able to use my BBBB (thanks to the guy who gave me the trigger)
Using my BBBB which was held together with a few strips of orange etape
Shot gun loading stefans is a great way to get kills

Cons
Waking up this morning with a cough
Getting shot with one of those cool but painful metal tiped stefans
Leaving early

Edited by Samzilla, 14 November 2009 - 11:12 PM.

BAFF WTB Airtanks, pumps, airgun stuff

#33 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

That was a great war, thanks everyone for coming... A thread will be up shortly for the next Baff, probably in the second week of December, before winter break for most schools.

#34 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:32 AM

Amazing day.

It was awesome to meet everyone. This feels like the beginning of something great.

Though I must say that getting shot point blank by a SM 1500 with 12-inch barrels isn't fun. And Blue, sorry about shattering the tip of your PETG barrel!
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#35 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:40 AM

I enjoyed myself. The overall group seemed a bit range-saturated, but that's something that can be expected in nerfing these days. I was pleased to see a lot of newer ROF-based guns all the same.

I'd suggest a different location for the next one. Most everyone was saying that the park was relatively empty as far as pedestrian traffic was concerned, and considering how many people were there who weren't nerfing, that worries me. In addition, if we keep getting new nerfers in the area, the playing area is quickly going to become too small. The trees were nice but sparse, so we're going to need to upgrade. I'll get back to you guys with some suggestions when the next thread pops up.

Edited by Falcon, 16 November 2009 - 03:50 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users