34 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

BAFF #2

Date: November 14

Time:1 p.m. is when the first round will start, try to get to the field by 12:45 (We meet to the left of the tennis courts)
There is a subway near by and eating lunch before playing worked for me. We can organize a meet at subway too if anyone wants to, this will be at 12:20

ATTENDANCE: ...... Please confirm if you are in or not
DEFINITE:
Blue
Just Some Bob
Aquinas
Dubcwill
Falcon +3
Nerfer9
xXJakeJaganXx
Hippopotamus
Samzilla
NOT COMING:
MAYBE:
HOTH
Fischer Park, Fremont, California 94555

Alright, so the general plan is to get something going once a month for everyone that attended FMNO 2 and all other bay area nerfers. This will turn into a war thread once a location is chosen, but there were many ideas about this at the war, so post them and we can all choose the best location.

Also,

Announcing a mailing list for SF Bay Area folks who don't want to check the forums all the time for war info:
Bay Area Foam Flingers Announcement messages right to your regular email inbox. Please state your general location in your first message to the group after joining. City is enough, be more specific if you wish. Right now we're only accepting members who can attend events in the San Francisco bay area. If you don't have a yahoo ID then send an email (it can be empty) to BayAreaFoamFlingers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and you should receive a reply with instructions for signing up via email. If you have a yahoo ID then just click the "join this group!" button.

Edited by Blue, 13 November 2009 - 09:15 PM.

#2 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

All works for me.

Edited by dubcwill, 20 October 2009 - 12:10 AM.

He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#3 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

I really want to go but put me down as a maybe. As for dates you should have it on the 28th, work off all the food :D .
BAFF WTB Airtanks, pumps, airgun stuff

#4 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Earlier is better for me as well. Saturdays work best.
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#5 Jman210

Jman210

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

Saturdays are best for me. Wont be able to make 21/22.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

Looks like it is going to be the 14th. Any objections to that?

#7 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:25 PM

Let's go for it. The 14th sounds great, at least for me.

Thanks, Blue, for taking initiative and setting this up.
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#8 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

I will sadly say there is now very little chance i will come as have bball tryouts that day.

#9 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

Just a bump, as Bob requested; why don't we take a preliminary head count as to who would be able to attend at this point. I'm in.
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

I'll be there. I'll try to bring at least one comerade along, if not two.

For those who have never been to a war...PLEASE MAKE/BRING YOUR OWN DARTS. I'll make a crapload, but I can't support an event with foam like I used to be able to.

...and mine probably won't work well in your guns anyway.

Edited by Falcon, 27 October 2009 - 09:19 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#11 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

Can I please be put down as a maybe? Thanks all. This will hopefully be my first war with the new crossbow :D
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#12 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

sorry for DP, but xXJakeJaganXx on youtube would also like to attend. I do hope this is alright, he contacted me and he is fine with all the dates. He is a definite.
My YouTube

#13 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

sorry for DP, but xXJakeJaganXx on youtube would also like to attend. I do hope this is alright, he contacted me and he is fine with all the dates. He is a definite.

Great, that is not an issue.

#14 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Great, that is not an issue.

awesome, thank you.
My YouTube

#15 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

It probably bears repeating. This is an open invitation. No matter how this information reaches you, if you want to come out and nerf with us, please do. It's always helpful to have a head-count, with some people "definite" and a few "maybe" but even if you are unable to let us know ahead of time, due to not being a full member here or whatever reason, you can still show up to nerf, we don't expect to be turning anyone away.

so, should I not let you guys know if anyone else wants to join? Should I just leave it alone here and tell them to come? I mean this in the nicest way possible. I could not really tell what you meant. And, there is an other guy who wants in.
My YouTube

#16 jakejagan

jakejagan

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

hey its me jakejagan from youtube... im a little new with this even though ive had the account for 6 months or so i think... i am definately attending the war and my lil bro might come... but dont pwn him too badly he will only have a STOCK dtb and an eliminator
00:38 jakejagan I hear you guys still bring up the "gangsta shot"
00:38 Bags it is legend now

17:45 *** MrPzowned was kicked by Zorn (MrPzowned)
17:45 Zorn moral of the story: don't pick on idle mods yo

#17 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:56 PM

It probably bears repeating. This is an open invitation. No matter how this information reaches you, if you want to come out and nerf with us, please do. It's always helpful to have a head-count, with some people "definite" and a few "maybe" but even if you are unable to let us know ahead of time, due to not being a full member here or whatever reason, you can still show up to nerf, we don't expect to be turning anyone away.

so, should I not let you guys know if anyone else wants to join? Should I just leave it alone here and tell them to come? I mean this in the nicest way possible. I could not really tell what you meant. And, there is an other guy who wants in.

It means we aren't trying to exclude anyone from coming. If you can get more people to come, that's great.

#18 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

ok, thank you just some bob. Thanks everyone. Also, I might be able to bring a friend, just need to ask him first. :D

Edited by HOTH, 05 November 2009 - 10:47 PM.

My YouTube

#19 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

I think part of HOTH's incentives was simply to notify us of the increased head-count; perhaps the "permission" bit came out of respect or fear. As he should be. We're a scary bunch.

Pigging-backing on Bob, I would also like to reiterate to everyone that the Yahoo Group is a great and useful feature. Even if you are not a member of any of the NIC forums, you can still join us and have a voice simply by sending an email to BayAreaFoamFlingers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

I do think that a head-count across the forums AND on the Yahoo Group (perhaps we can hone in on utilizing that more in the future to organize events) is important. Due to the highly anonymous nature of the NIC (which we are a part of), as well as BAFF being in a relatively early stage, any connection points we can have is huge, at least until the BAFF event actually happens and we can meet in person. A connection point can just be somebody registering a screen name on a forum (or on the Yahoo Group) and uttering a few lines. Something like that gives us a reference point, a connection that we can build upon. To say this another way: I don't think people just showing up "cold" is a good idea.

Edited by Aquinas, 05 November 2009 - 02:58 AM.

"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#20 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

Yay put me down as 9/10 of a definite. Bball tryouts were rescheduled. Is anyone bringing some stuff to sell im looking to get some petg, a pas (can be beat up or maybe a lanard shotgun) for cheap, rapid fire 20 parts (specificly the part that seals against the turret), Airtechs and Supermaxxes.

Edited by Samzilla, 09 November 2009 - 10:10 PM.

#21 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:01 AM

Yay put me down as 9/10 of a definite. Bball tryouts were rescheduled. Is anyone bringing some stuff to sell im looking to get some petg, a pas (or a lanard one), Airtechs and Supermaxxes.

I have a modded lanard hand cannon i'll sell. I also just got 6 new old style 1500's. I'll bring one to sell. Maybe. :P
My YouTube

#22 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

Yay put me down as 9/10 of a definite. Bball tryouts were rescheduled. Is anyone bringing some stuff to sell im looking to get some petg, a pas (or a lanard one), Airtechs and Supermaxxes.

I have a modded lanard hand cannon i'll sell. I also just got 6 new old style 1500's. I'll bring one to sell. Maybe. :P

Not extremely interested in the hand cannon mostly looking for the lanard shot gun or a Pas (unless of course the you could do a K9special on the hand cannon which is unlikely from the pics ive seen). Hmm.. old style 1.5k now thats something i wanna get.

#23 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

Not extremely interested in the hand cannon mostly looking for the lanard shot gun or a Pas (unless of course the you could do a K9special on the hand cannon which is unlikely from the pics ive seen). Hmm.. old style 1.5k now thats something i wanna get.

ok, I will not bring the hand cannon but I will probably bring a stock old style 1500, we'll see.
My YouTube

#24 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:43 AM

Please, take these comments to pms. This is a war thread, not trading.

#25 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

As a note, I may be late. I have to take a trip down to San Jose in the morning.
He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users