Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#27 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

SPOILER ALERT:

I got to admit I was pissed when I realized there was one scene in the previews that was not in the movie.
Its the scene where they are talking to an Alien behind a desk and he says "We just want to go home"

I found the movie tackled a lot of issues with racism in this film.

I must admit the only thing I liked about the movie was the weapons.
The Splatter gun, The Gravity gun where he picks up the sheep or pig and hurls it at some dude.
There was one point half way through the movie where I just felt like walking out to be honest.

In conclusion it was a good movie to see.......once.

I think I would have rather seen inglorious bastards.
Guess I am going to see it next weekend.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#28 carlough

carlough

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

I went and saw it. I thought it was pretty good. The weapons were pretty good. The CG was good.

Over all, I liked it.
RAZZLE FRAZZLE TO THE EXTREME!!!

#29 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

I think I would have rather seen inglorious bastards.
Guess I am going to see it next weekend.

I feel like I should warn you that Inglourious Basterds suffers from worse misleading trailers then D-9 did. If you're expecting an war movie with constant action like the trailer suggests you're going to be disappointed, if you're expecting a drama with a couple of good action scenes like Kill Bill vol. 2 it'll be right up your alley.

It was alright, and Tarantino surprised me by limiting his foot fetish to only one scene, but definitely not the Effeminate war movie I was hoping for.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#30 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

I want to see district 9 really bad, but since I'm not 18, I was wondering if there was anything scenes that you wouldn't recommend for 13 year old?

The movie is only rated R because of some violent, gory scenes. It's really not that bad, or graphic, compared to other R rated films. As long as you have someone at or over the age of 18 accompanying you into the theatre, it's okay.

The movie says "Fuck" 137 times

#31 Noob 001

Noob 001

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

I saw and enjoyed the movie on opening day, but one interesting touch that I marked was that, like the original Ender's Game novel, the movie never supplied the actual species name of the aliens. Always "prawn" and nothing else. Enders game did the same with "bugger", though they retroactively dubbed the Formics just that in subsequent novels. People have noticed that humans are the enemy in District 9, and the fact that you, the viewer who may consider yourself above the speciesism [it's a real word, according to Wikipedia] of the human characters, wouldn't know how to politely address an alien if you met one drives the point home. They have yet to make a film of Ender's Game, but, according to Wikipedia, they will. Hopefully they will avoid incredibly gratuitous scenes of aliens/people exploding if/when (since there is a ViewMaster movie in the works [it had better be in 3-D] I am currently assuming that everything will be made into a movie eventually] they do. Awesome, yes, but the time would be better spent on plot, especially with such a book as Ender's Game. Still, I quite liked District 9 on the whole.

STOP THE PRESSES! It suddenly occurred to me that if Viewmaster, Transformers, Gastrointestinal Joe, Super Mario Brothers and, if my friend's sources are to be believed, Monopoly, are worthy movie fodder in Hollywood's eyes, how far behind can Nerf guns be? Hasbro is developing an obvious penchant for making unlikely toys into big-budget explodey movies, and t'would require even less of an abandonment of plot to feature heads exploding (Headshot!). Fun for the kiddies!

------------------------------------------------
Pseudo-psig:

Chainsaws are stihl the most useful tool a craftsman can have.

Edited by Noob 001, 26 August 2009 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users