Sano

Seattle Area Nerf Out, W@M

68 replies to this topic

#51 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

ok so heres what ive come to conclufde. we should move this to crossroads park. theres an area in the far back i never see people in. it also happens to be set up for some awesome nerf terrain.

i will post up some better directions once i get home.

this war can be called W@C , but wack it will not be.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#52 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

Okay, so is this definitely the plan now? There's probably going to be a good amount of people who missed the update and show up at Marymoore. Should we just put this off until next weekend?

Edit: At this point I won't be able to go unless this whole thing gets cleared up and a concrete place and time are set. I really think that it is too late to make such large changes anyway, no one will show at the right place. I think that it may be in everyone's best interest to postpone until next week.

Edited by TantumBull, 15 August 2009 - 11:35 PM.

#53 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

Yes this is the plan. We are not postponing. Have a war another week as well. People have gotten off work for this, so it is happening. Crossroads park

16000 NE 10th St
Bellevue, WA 98008

We will be using the area near the parking area that is at the end of
NE 15th St.

This is a little hard to find. It is actually BEHIND the TOP Foods that is in the far NE corner of Crossroads Mall/Shopping center.

http://maps.google.c...=image&resnum=1

This link might help find the parking lot easier.
http://maps.google.c...=title&resnum=1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Blacksunshine, 16 August 2009 - 12:54 AM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#54 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:06 AM

Sounds good, I'll be there at 10. Thanks for getting everything figured out, Sunshine.

#55 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:59 AM

I agree we should play at crossroads park. Hope everyone checks the board in the morning. Here is my cell if any one has any questions or wonders what the hell is going on:. lets rock this W@C!!!!!!

Edited by Dayko, 19 September 2009 - 12:14 AM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#56 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:10 AM

How many people are going to not check this and just show up at Marymoor now? That would be a huge letdown to those guys who drive all the way out there and find out the location got changed last minute. And we don't even know if this walk is going to affect us at all.
We should all go to Marymoor, and if it doesn't work out, then we can just all go over to Crossroads. Seems like a way better plan to me.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#57 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:17 AM

I think it's a bit too late t make anymore changes, although I agree that that would make more sense. I know I'm going to go to Crossroads. Maybe someone can stop by there to remind people that didn't check the thread. Just make sure your group shows at Xroads. The more he merrier.

#58 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:14 AM

I've Pmed everyone that has posted in this thread. I would hope that everyone would check the thread one last time before leaving for a war just to make sure there were no last min changes. However we figure this out Crossroads should be the fall back plan. It can just get annoying driving from place to place. But yeah it would suck for people to show up at merrymore.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 16 August 2009 - 03:15 AM.

#59 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:04 AM

I don't think we should waste time going to Marymoor and then drive all the to crossroads. With over five thousand people there parking is going to be a killer. I would think people would check the war thread for any last minute changes and if they don't then I'm sorry but it is a huge waste of gas and war time.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#60 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

So, final plan is to meet at Crossroads?
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#61 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

i should hope so. i am there right now. oh by the way i made a couple flags.
also i wanted to point out that the actual playing feild is past the little golf course.

#62 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

Recap time! I got home a little early because my ride/guest had something to go to. Really a great war.
-Seeing the WA nerfing crew again was frickin sweet.
-Brent's 2K/DTB was AMAZING. Not gonna say much more about it, I think he'll be posting a write-up soon. Very functional and clean blaster.
-Okay Zeke, you win, RSCB's are better than clips. My PAS did well, but I really liked reloading my RSCB'd BBBB. Much easier.
-Getting shot from like 7 or 8 feet by a singled 2K right below the neck was... interesting. That hurt like a bitch. It was funny, though, because I was going around the side during a CTF round and when I entered the staging area, Robert nailed me. I never even saw him.
-Rushing in general was awesome. There was one deathmatch round where I constantly went around and flanked Kelvin's team. From like the four flank/rushes I did in that round I only got a couple kills, but it was still awesome.
-Rushing the flag with Kelvin during CTF, picking it up, starting to sprint away, and getting nailed close range by I think Disturbed was awesome.
-Getting home and realized I had a bunch of sap on my arms and legs was fun. Well not a bunch, but enough to be annoying.
-Old people were annoying. And asshole golfers.
-Justin's kid was awesome. He was a champion dart sweeper and was very proud of his daddy's eliminator.
-All the deathmatch rounds were sweet. Definitely my favorite game-type.
-Crossroads was definitely a nice and cover-full venue. Lots of trees. Marymoore has its advantages over it, though.
-Getting a headshot on... shit, forgot his name. I know it started with a B... fuck, I'm bad with names. Anyways, sorry about that, it was a complete accident.
-Dart sweeps were easier because of less bushes, which was nice.

I'll update this when I think of more things.

#63 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:59 PM

-Getting shot from like 7 or 8 feet by a singled 2K right below the neck was... interesting. That hurt like a bitch. It was funny, though, because I was going around the side during a CTF round and when I entered the staging area, Robert nailed me. I never even saw him.

What a butthead. Incidentally, he got shot in the neck by Jake's PAS soon after.

I gotta say, I liked this place about ten times more than Marymoor. Better terrain, better cover, just more fun in my opinion.

It was a lot of fun nerfing with everyone today!
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#64 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

Were you thinking Broderick, Tantum? It might have been me. The only time I got headshotted, I got hit on the nose of my sunglasses(That would have hurt like heck if it had been 1/4" up or down.

Anyway-

*Showing up at 8:30 at the right place, then leaving at 10:10 after no-one showed up and driving around for half an hour.
*After the last war, I modded, and thought I had good guns. Not so...
*Nearly getting to the Playground-side teams flag without being noticed, then rushing a guy from behind, shot at him for 10 feet away, and missed.
*Making $25 in gun sales.

Oh well... I won't be able to make it to any more wars this year...see you all in june

P.S. Man, that car ride from Oakville to Bellevue was killer(look it up on google earth or something, its a long way)

Edited by Grenada, 17 August 2009 - 04:16 PM.

If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#65 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

Were you thinking Broderick, Tantum? It might have been me. The only time I got headshotted, I got hit on the nose of my sunglasses(That would have hurt like heck if it had been 1/4" up or down.

Yeah, it was Broderick. It was during CTF and he was going for the flag (maybe he got it and began to run away, can't remember).

#66 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

Maybe this is my fault for not keeping up with the forums, but where is the footage from this war and the SOF war? I'm anxious to see some of that.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#67 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

Sunshine has Dayko's footage from the SOF war, in addition to his own. Not sure about this most recent one, though. I'd like to see some of the un-editted footage, personally. I like being able to hear what's going on, but highlight vids with music are fun too.

Edited by TantumBull, 18 August 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#68 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

since i wasent really doing much of the recording at this war my foul mouth isnt all over the video. so it will be more audio of the war itself.

#69 Fragtacular

Fragtacular

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

That park beat Marymoor by a ton. Definitely my favorite. Although next time I need to not have any obligations later in the day that requires me to go home early.
-Next time I'm bringing my vulcan.
-I hope to have actually modded a gun myself by the next war.
-The war was a huge success overall.
Suck my presidential cock, bitch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users