Lanard Sawed-off Handcannon

Pics and Info AS THEY COME IN

42 replies to this topic

#26 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

the 4.5'' maximum pull can only be achieved if you remove the pump action and put a wire out the back to prime it.

Pull Action Shotgun Do this. Looks like it would be super easy with the big stock attaching nub on the back.

#27 Demo tay26

Demo tay26

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

*I do not intend this thread to be a modding thread, but rather a introduction thread. Other people with the brother Shotgun to this (the one with the 12-dart turret) and the Shell Shock X-6 are welcome to post theirs in this thread also*

I just received the Shell Shock in the mail today. It really sucks. Its like a mini rfr. Also it can't use stock nerf darts, like streamlines.

edit *pics up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Demo tay26, 24 July 2009 - 08:05 PM.

#28 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

the 4.5'' maximum pull can only be achieved if you remove the pump action and put a wire out the back to prime it.

Pull Action Shotgun Do this. Looks like it would be super easy with the big stock attaching nub on the back.

That's one of the idea's in my head. I do not know if I will do it personally to mine, but other people are more then welcome to try it.

*Edit* Demo tay26, thats sad. :( Could you get a 800x600 picture of the internals? Could you just cut down a streamline and it'll work? I think we all would like a close-up on the breech and plunger system.

Edited by Galaxy613, 24 July 2009 - 08:18 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#29 Demo tay26

Demo tay26

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

You could cut the streamlines down, but it would get annoying.

I measured ranges;

Stock: 10 feet

AR's removed: 15 feet

Posted Image

The arrows point to epoxy putty. You can't close it back up until you glue these spots so they won't fall out. There is a piece of metal (name escapes me now) that is in the putty on the left.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:22 AM

Is that a reverse plunger on the Shell Shock? Does it have a good plunger seal?
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#31 Demo tay26

Demo tay26

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

Nope, the only good thing is its not inverse. It doesn't have a very good seal though. If you look at the picture of the plunger, you can see a slit that shows its not.

Edited by Demo tay26, 25 July 2009 - 02:52 PM.

#32 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

I haven't opened up the turreted shotgun yet, but it only gets about 10 feet stock (shooting 3 darts at a time). I can't imagine that the plunger system is actually any different then the hand cannon, so hopefully it's just got a horrible seal or something.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#33 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

How does the Shell Shock compare to the Recon? Also, could you show a picture with the slit circled?

Edited by Eboreg, 25 July 2009 - 07:33 PM.

Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#34 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

I haven't opened up the turreted shotgun yet, but it only gets about 10 feet stock (shooting 3 darts at a time). I can't imagine that the plunger system is actually any different then the hand cannon, so hopefully it's just got a horrible seal or something.

Thanks Velveeta, please get on those internal shots. ;)

How does the Shell Shock compare to the Recon? Also, could you show a picture with the slit circled?

With the information posted already, you should be able to do a decent comparison: they both stink IMHO.

#35 Demo tay26

Demo tay26

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

Recon's better. A lot better. I wouldn't use this gun in an indoor war if it wasn't at a constant 45 degree angle.

Slits circled below.

Posted Image

#36 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

By popular demand (or at least one persons) here's the shotgun's internals. They're exactly the same aside from the turret, so I figure this doesn't need a new thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
You can see a bit of an ar on the bottom, they exploded out when I opened the turret. Should be pretty easy to turn it into a 4 shot turret, but for now I'm just eliminating the plunger dead space and we'll see if it improves.

Edit: Fixed the plunger head, but it didn't do much for stock darts. I'll either keep it as is for a quick way to score 12 darts in defend the core, or mess with the turret so it just has 4 barrels and a better seal/less dead space.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 25 July 2009 - 10:39 PM.

#37 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

Can't wait for my shotgun to arrive. I ordered the Shell Shock also to get free shipping and now I see how crappy it is, oh well.

#38 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts
  • State:California

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

Springer, I assume?

wouldn't one assume so? due to the spring in the pics...
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#39 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

Thanks Velveeta for the pics, all my speculations have been confirmed. ^_^ How comfy, or non-comfy, is the stock?

Springer, I assume?

wouldn't one assume so? due to the spring in the pics...

He posted that before that picture existed... and plus I already responded to that post.

Edited by Galaxy613, 26 July 2009 - 07:57 AM.

#40 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

Thanks Velveeta for the pics, all my speculations have been confirmed. ^_^ How comfy, or non-comfy, is the stock?

The stock isn't that great, it gets in the way of your hand a little bit, and is too short for anybody but a little kid to actually use. It could probably be extended with some pvc or something though. It has a holder for 3 darts on it also.

#41 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:59 AM

Thanks Velveeta for the pics, all my speculations have been confirmed. :D How comfy, or non-comfy, is the stock?

The stock isn't that great, it gets in the way of your hand a little bit, and is too short for anybody but a little kid to actually use. It could probably be extended with some pvc or something though. It has a holder for 3 darts on it also.

Aww, from how the normal grip I was hoping the stock would be a normal size too.. oh well.

#42 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image

it took 3 to replace the stock parts but it fills the void perfectly and is a shitload less work... I gooped them all together btw.

Posted Image
Don

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 27 July 2009 - 02:22 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#43 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for your report Bob! This was the type of info I was hoping people would add to this thread as soon as other people got theirs. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users