Lanard Sawed-off Handcannon

Pics and Info AS THEY COME IN

42 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

I finally have the first scoop on a new blaster! The new Lanard Sawed-Off "Handcannon" Shotgun! It shoots roughly 30-35ft with it's stock darts.

A Link to another Pre-Order Story

The darts aren't a inch in diameter, or even 5/8''. They are 7/8'' and are 3'' long.

Here's the first shots:
Posted Image

Posted Image

That's pretty much all I'm going to post about it's outside. If you want more glam shots then go here

Comparison with other ammo. (Obviously, LHC's on top, Maverick's middle, and a Stefan last)
Posted Image

INTERNALS!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, I found this mark on both sides of the shell... I donno what it is, but it looks like sharpie.

Posted Image

*I do not intend this thread to be a modding thread, but rather a introduction thread. Other people with the brother Shotgun to this (the one with the 12-dart turret) and the Shell Shock X-6 are welcome to post theirs in this thread also*

Edited by Galaxy613, 23 July 2009 - 11:01 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#2 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:00 PM

Springer, I assume?

#3 randomnerfninja

randomnerfninja

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Awesome
Nerf brings everyone together until a dart hits somebody in the eye. Then the hospital trip brings everyone together again.

Proud Oklahoman NERFer.

#4 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

Mmm... I see an air pump gun's internals in it's future... thanks for the pics.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

Springer yes. The spring is roughly the same size as a longshot, a little over 5'' long, 1.25'' wide. The plunger head is crossbow style, two seperate rubber parts..

I donno why you'll want to replace the internals with airgun stuff. It's pretty much looks like it's a longshot without the clip system so far.

Edited by Galaxy613, 23 July 2009 - 09:19 PM.

#6 madmax

madmax

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

The plunger tube looks enormous. How does the plunger tube compare to a nitefinder plunger, or something else like that? Also, what is the air output like?
Tech Target Breech
Zues Bottom of page

Trespassers will be used for scientific experiments

DAMN! I just lost the game...

#7 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

The plunger tube looks enormous. How does the plunger tube compare to a nitefinder plunger, or something else like that? Also, what is the air output like?

About 175% as long as a nightfinder's, twice the diameter roughly. The air output is good but it goes through a hole that is off center and is 1/2'' wide.

#8 randomnerfninja

randomnerfninja

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Sweet jesus. that thing could be powerful if modded correctly.
Nerf brings everyone together until a dart hits somebody in the eye. Then the hospital trip brings everyone together again.

Proud Oklahoman NERFer.

#9 Sk0rpion 777

Sk0rpion 777

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

:o, Question, can you post some measurments of the plunger tube when you have time?
R.I.P Billy Mays.

#10 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

:o, Question, can you post some measurments of the plunger tube when you have time?

1.5'' wide, 5.75'' long

The effective draw is 4.5''. Stock air output is offcenter and is 1/2'' wide.

The spring is 5 & 1/8'' long and 1.25'' wide. The strength is somewhere inbetween a BBB and a Longshot.

Edited by Galaxy613, 23 July 2009 - 10:26 PM.

#11 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

Dude I just got one as well, and put a topic up a minute after you. Dang, too slow. Anyway, I noticed with it that there are certain drawback lengths. You can pull it back to many different levels for power variance. If you can get it strong enough, one would be able to choose to fire between say 40 and 70 feet. It's a handy feature. Plus, when I looked at te back of my gun I found something that made it look like you could take the stock off the other version shotgun and attach it on this one.

#12 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Dude I just got one as well, and put a topic up a minute after you. Dang, too slow. Anyway, I noticed with it that there are certain drawback lengths. You can pull it back to many different levels for power variance. If you can get it strong enough, one would be able to choose to fire between say 40 and 70 feet. It's a handy feature. Plus, when I looked at te back of my gun I found something that made it look like you could take the stock off the other version shotgun and attach it on this one.

Yep yep. All of us on the IRC noticed these things. It's neat someone else got one also. Once you open yours up, can you see if you have mark near the grip? Mine has infinity sign in sharpie.

#13 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

Awesome! At least Lanard is giving us something worthwhile after all this bullshit from Hasbro!

#14 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:07 PM

I already see spots that would need reinforcement if a stronger spring is added. Most notably the catch spring, which looks to be a *shudder* torsion spring.

Potential? There appears to be quite a bit. The limiting factor may be durability, however.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#15 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

Looks incredible... I went ahead and ordered one of these for myself just now, and one of the other Lanard Shotguns for my brother.

How good is the plunger head? It looks rather iffy and dead space containing...

This might be my first gun I can't rscb... I'm not sure if the plunger tube will be large enough to handle so much deadspace.

Can you get any pics of the front? Like where the dart goes in and the end of the plunger tube?

Thanks

#16 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

This might be my first gun I can't rscb... I'm not sure if the plunger tube will be large enough to handle so much deadspace.

Deadspace? Deadspace? Haha! This has barely any deadspace. If someone can RSCB a PAS, which has a smaller amount of plunger volume then this, then you can RSCB this. Do not worry, I can test out one of my RSCB setups later.

#17 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:07 AM

The following are measures of air output, not plunger volume. Please note inaccuracies in measurement, also I am unsure if the measurements of the plunger tube's diameter I used are ID or OD. Please take that into account.

Plunger draw * pi * r^2
Handcannon: 3 in * pi * .75in ^2
PAS: 8.5cm * pi * 2cm ^2 ≈ 3.34in * pi * 0.79in^2

Air output of Lanard Sawed-Off Handcannon: 5.3 in^3
Air output of ERTL Pump Action Shotun: 6.52 in^3

Edit: Changed values based on Galaxy's new measurement. The old value of the Handcannon's air output was: 7.9 in^3, this is based on a 4.5 inch draw, which Galaxy said would be possible if you removed the pump priming system.

Edited by Crankymonky, 24 July 2009 - 11:39 AM.

Tyranny Response Team

#18 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:09 AM

Could it be that Lanard is actually trying to outdo ERTL? :o
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#19 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

Deadspace? Deadspace? Haha! This has barely any deadspace. If someone can RSCB a PAS, which has a smaller amount of plunger volume then this, then you can RSCB this. Do not worry, I can test out one of my RSCB setups later.

The following are measures of air output, not plunger volume. Please note inaccuracies in measurement, also I am unsure if the measurements of the plunger tube's diameter I used are ID or OD. Please take that into account.

Plunger draw * pi * r^2
Handcannon: 4.5 in * pi * .75in ^2
PAS: 8.5cm * pi * 2cm ^2 ≈ 3.34in * pi * 0.79in^2

Air output of Lanard Sawed-Off Handcannon: 7.95 in^3
Air output of ERTL Pump Action Shotung: 6.52 in^3

Oh, holy crap, I didn't realize how big that plunger tube actually was. Damn, I'm totally RSCBing that, I thought it was smaller than the PAS. Awesome, I cannot wait for it to get here.

Thanks for the pics and comparison.

#20 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

Yep yep. All of us on the IRC noticed these things. It's neat someone else got one also. Once you open yours up, can you see if you have mark near the grip? Mine has infinity sign in sharpie.

No, I didn't see anything in it, but I didn't really pay attention. I'll open it up again after I make my right up. I couldn't resist modding it last night. :o

#21 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

No, I didn't see anything in it, but I didn't really pay attention. I'll open it up again after I make my right up. I couldn't resist modding it last night. :o

Heh, join the club. I think I am going to submit my write up before it's too late to the modding comp. This gun is tooooo easy to mod.

*Edit* Cruuuuuuuuuuud! I need to correct a mistake in measuring. the 4.5'' maximum pull can only be achieved if you remove the pump action and put a wire out the back to prime it. It's normal pull is roughly 3''. ;-; Which puts the air volume lower than a PAS.

At anyrate, I tested my simple CPVC modded guy and it's only getting 40-55ft. With a RSCB it was getting 35-45ft. So it definetely needs an upgraded spring.

Edited by Galaxy613, 24 July 2009 - 10:19 AM.

#22 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

New air output values based on new measurement:

Air output of Lanard Sawed-Off Handcannon: 5.3 in^3
Air output of ERTL Pump Action Shotun: 6.52 in^3

I've also updated the old post.
Tyranny Response Team

#23 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

Maybe I spoke too soon. At least the Handcannon can fit in your pocket. Right?

#24 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Maybe I spoke too soon. At least the Handcannon can fit in your pocket. Right?

That'll be a HUGE pocket. There is nothing small about this gun, other then it's 3'' stock draw. At the very worst you can consider it a $15 Longshot that doesn't have the clip madness and has a bigger plunger chamber.

Edited by Galaxy613, 24 July 2009 - 01:34 PM.

#25 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

Whoops, my bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users