Raider Preview

Thanks to Ice

161 replies to this topic

#151 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

I think it's a nice paintjob, but I guess dry brushing isn't for some people. I think you should try a different color than red/silver/black, like maybe a lush grass green? That would look good.

Do you know why the range is so good? It's weird because it's just like a Recon, but gets awesome range with just a few mods.

off topic: Ha, I see you've got the new yellow Ls.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#152 Snyder11

Snyder11

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

Wasn't there a blue digi camo on the raider.
here is a pic found on goggle.

http://joyhog.com/wp...aider-rapid.png

#153 xCraiG iZ BeasT

xCraiG iZ BeasT

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

I have always liked Ice's PJs and I like this one. And remember all you guys who are flaming ice, no paintjob will ever be perfect. Anyway Ice, great PJ I am loving it.
92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature.

Get some real tools. Man tools. You're not getting it out with scissors. -Wes7143

#154 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

I have always liked Ice's PJs

Wow, the fanboys really home in on small details, don't they? :D
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#155 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

Why is everyone pissing on Ice's PJ? If he likes it, that's all that matters.

More on topic, I think that thing that clips on to the gun, the one that holds the clip in, can be used on breeches that are meant for clips. It would keep the clip more stable, and possibly eliminate the excess heaviness created by PVC. Hmmm.....

Edited by Chris is cool, 25 June 2009 - 01:26 PM.

#156 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

Ice, I think that paintjob looks pretty good. You just have to clean it up a bit and remove all the Nerf logos and you're good to go
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#157 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for the preview.

Edited by StealthMan, 25 June 2009 - 09:07 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#158 KeiichiRX7

KeiichiRX7

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:25 AM

I think it's a nice paintjob, but I guess dry brushing isn't for some people. I think you should try a different color than red/silver/black, like maybe a lush grass green? That would look good.

Do you know why the range is so good? It's weird because it's just like a Recon, but gets awesome range with just a few mods.

off topic: Ha, I see you've got the new yellow Ls.

Probably improvements in seals, springs and a bit of airflow work in the chamber. In otherwords, they learned things from thier previous version of this action in the recon and longshot, and improved upon it. It's the same process that occurs with engines. Build one that works, learn from it, then build one that works better.

The slamfire feature should prevent most doublefeeds and jams that can result when trying to fire the recon and longshot quickly without perfect trigger coordination

@Ice Can i ask for a video of left handed operation of the Raider? I just want to see how hard it's gonna be for me to swap out magazines. the magazine won't be in my way, but being on the far side of the gun,changing the magazine might be a pain for lefties, much as the magazine release on the Longshot makes it fall out of favor with lefties

Edited by KeiichiRX7, 26 June 2009 - 08:28 AM.

Capt Slug thinks this thread is idiotic. Why did any of you seriously reply to this?

Why so serious?

#159 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:31 AM

Can't wait to see this at Deal.
Hey ice... Can I fire it? Once?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#160 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

This is indubitably awesome in some respects.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#161 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

It's the same process that occurs with engines. Build one that works, learn from it, then build one that works better.

That's the case with cars. With Nerfs, isn't it the other way around? They learn what works, then figure out how to make it cheaper (and lamer.)

Can I fire it? Once?

I can see someone being a right bastard about it.

Me: "Can I fire it? Just once?"

Him: "Sure." (Loads one dart in the magazine, cocks weapon, hands it over.)

:)
Fugly is a feature.

#162 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

Can't wait to see this at Deal.
Hey ice... Can I fire it? Once?

*sniffle, no. Sure you can, it's going to be passed around at deal, maybe even opened if there is request for it.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users