Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Minnesota War

126 replies to this topic

#26 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

Balls, missles, blowguns, melee, any BS weapon you have lying around. I use a tommy 20 turret as a blow gun, plastic flamingos and lightsabers are more preferred weapons, if it sucks it'll work. Beaver/Busta might have a field day with the "cosmic thruster" idea...
We have no sig.

#27 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:01 PM

I'm hoping to be there. Once I clear it with work I'll see about getting up there. How about getting a Chicago car pool up there for some massive pwnage...

#28 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

This isn't related to the war, but...
I've got a bunch of PVC that I'm looking to get rid of. If any of you Minnesota people want to pick it up at my house I would offer it to you for a super low price, like $5 for all of it or something. Here are the sizes:
1 1/4" about 5'
1" thinwall, close to 10'
3/4" thinwall, xlose to 10'
1/2" CPVC
Yeah so if you want it come pick it up for $5 or something. Send me a PM if your interested.

#29 imjustbackup

imjustbackup

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

This isn't related to the war, but...
I've got a bunch of PVC that I'm looking to get rid of. If any of you Minnesota people want to pick it up at my house I would offer it to you for a super low price, like $5 for all of it or something. Here are the sizes:
1 1/4" about 5'
1" thinwall, close to 10'
3/4" thinwall, xlose to 10'
1/2" CPVC
Yeah so if you want it come pick it up for $5 or something. Send me a PM if your interested.

OK EDIT:
i would buy the materials your selling would there be a chance you could bring those materials to the nerf war i would be more then happy to purchase them there

Edited by imjustbackup, 27 May 2009 - 09:20 PM.

Two Words guys dont like unless together "Don't" and "Stop" :P

my youtube username is imjustbackup also

#30 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:53 PM

wow i would buy that for sure but the problem is idk where you live lol down in st.paul right cause if so and if you dont need to sell that right away bring it to the nerf war and i will buy it off of you there

Just because this is the internet doesn't mean you can talk like a 5 year old.

Please do us all a favor and read this.

#31 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

I'm leaving the state on the 21st, so I'll just pack beforehand. I'll be there, hopefully with some cool shit.

#32 imjustbackup

imjustbackup

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

wow i would buy that for sure but the problem is idk where you live lol down in st.paul right cause if so and if you dont need to sell that right away bring it to the nerf war and i will buy it off of you there

Just because this is the internet doesn't mean you can talk like a 5 year old.

Please do us all a favor and read this.

im am sinserely sorry i did not type as though i should have i apologize for the lacking of years i put into the type it was horendice i aggree i will edit the post now

#33 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

im am sinserely sorry i did not type as though i should have i apologize for the lacking of years i put into the type it was horendice i aggree i will edit the post now

But your grammer is still bad....I don't want this to become some kind of a battle, but if you keep this up you will probably be banned or suspended by the time SPANO comes around. Capitalize, spell-check, and use punctuation. I will not be able to take you seriously if your posts are shit.

On topic: This is turning out even better than I expcected. I am really looking forward to these Chicago crews if they can get themselves together.

#34 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

OK EDIT:
i would buy the materials your selling would there be a chance you could bring those materials to the nerf war i would be more then happy to purchase them there

If you would have payed attention you would know that I won't be at the war.

PVC still available.

#35 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:18 PM

Planets just came into alignment tonight, I can make this war. I'll be bringing my nephew, as well.

Now, I hope I actually have time to build/repair a primary before the end of June, nevermind making darts....
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#36 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

^YEEESSS.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#37 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

I Need ammo.

http://nerfhaven.com...=0
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#38 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

Count me as +2, I am bringing my little cousin and a friend.

Sam, I may be interested in PVC. I'll take a look at it after the war.

#39 imjustbackup

imjustbackup

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

But your grammer is still bad....I don't want this to become some kind of a battle, but if you keep this up you will probably be banned or suspended by the time SPANO comes around. Capitalize, spell-check, and use punctuation. I will not be able to take you seriously if your posts are shit.

On topic: This is turning out even better than I expcected. I am really looking forward to these Chicago crews if they can get themselves together.

OK EDIT:

If you would have payed attention you would know that I won't be at the war.

PVC still available.

Ok first of all sorry my grammer is horrible i know its my worst subject in school im super sorry i don't mean it to be this way i just suck at spelling.

Second that sucks that you can't make it to the war i wish you could, also good luck on selling the materials

#40 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

Me and my bro will not be able to make it to the war due to a change in a vacation date...

Edited by Nerf Bros, 28 May 2009 - 04:41 PM.

We have no sig.

#41 imjustbackup

imjustbackup

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:19 AM

Well i cant wait for this to happen, i will see yall there. :)

#42 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

I will be there, now that I've found the darn thread.

It would be nice if someone could give me a ride (I live just south of Lake Harriet), but if absolutely necessary I can bike it. No car for the summer. Would have few guns. But hey, if that's what it takes.

Though I probably won't have any new ones anyways, sorry to say. [Excuse excuse excuse]. All the same I can still be my badass self.

This is shaping up.

EDIT: Maybe not this time, but somewhere down the road, what do you guys think of a night war? IE, start about 8 when the sun is still up, play a few good rounds of CTF/Team Battles/Whatever, then once it gets dark we can try some zombie rounds, or... well, a lot of games would be more fun in the dark, I think.

There are mitigating factors, of course: Dart loss, appearance to outsiders (cops included), flashlights perhaps necessary, teams hard to identify. I think it's a least worth a try though, maybe a mini-war for experimentation somewhere down the road?

And of course I don't mean to hijack the thread... but as long as we're all here.

COOKIES!!!
If I can get a ride, I will have two batches of cookies, like I promised (but couldn't bring last time because I'd just gotten back from college). PM me for my number if you want to call and remind me the day before.

That post just doubled in size...

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 07 June 2009 - 05:45 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#43 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

I would love a night war, but we would need to rent something out, as MN law dictates that a minor out after 10 is violation of curfew. Maybe if we had an adult, and in that case, you, Ryan, Beaver and anyone else would have to be there.

If we can work it, I am all for it. Zombies sounds awesome.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#44 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

I don't really like the idea of a night war, outside, in a ghetto area. I wouldn't mine an indoor night war though, but I guess that defeats the whole theme of it. If the location is right, and we're all good with the police, a night war would be more appealing. I just have bad memories of at my clan-war last year, when it got dark and I couldn't find my BBB (found it after some seaching though, but it was dark so it took a while). And the bad memories of the in dark deathmatch we played at a Hamline war. That was indoors with stock darts. The only time the dark really adds to anything is with Zombie games, but you have to have the right kind of setting for dark zombie games to work.

#45 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

I don't really like the idea of a night war, outside, in a ghetto area. I wouldn't mine an indoor night war though, but I guess that defeats the whole theme of it. If the location is right, and we're all good with the police, a night war would be more appealing. I just have bad memories of at my clan-war last year, when it got dark and I couldn't find my BBB (found it after some seaching though, but it was dark so it took a while). And the bad memories of the in dark deathmatch we played at a Hamline war. That was indoors with stock darts. The only time the dark really adds to anything is with Zombie games, but you have to have the right kind of setting for dark zombie games to work.

Dude, I'm guessing it would be in Highland. Thats a super white area, so its all good.

#46 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:41 PM

I think a night war would be pretty cool (I've always wanted to try out the firefly for what it was meant for, however ridiculous that is).

I'm thinking that this would be a good situation for the use of stock darts and a black light (so we don't lose all of them), or some sort of glow in the dark stickers on the back of stefans.

Yeah, Highland would probably be the better place to do this sort of thing.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#47 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:08 AM

Night war. I'm interested.

Anyway, I'll be +1 for sure. A friend of mine has been dying to come to a war.

#48 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

Hilt: I can give you a ride
venom: You have a skewed perspective on what constitutes a ghetto.

Night war, ehhh...
We can give it a try. I think it will be difficult to call hits. Flashlights would be a requirement.

The curfew in St. Paul is 10pm for minors 15 and under, and 12am for minors 18 and under. You need to be accompanied by a legal custodian to break the curfew (the over-18's here don't count).

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 06 June 2009 - 09:43 AM.

#49 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

Hilt: I can give you a ride
venom: You have a skewed perspective on what constitutes a ghetto.

Night war, ehhh...
We can give it a try. I think it will be difficult to call hits. Flashlights would be a requirement.

The curfew in St. Paul is 10pm for minors 15 and under, and 12am for minors 18 and under. You need to be accompanied by a legal custodian to break the curfew (the over-18's here don't count).

so we would have to get our parents involved huh?

#50 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

It's not really the ghetto part that bothers me. Honestly, I really dont think a night war outside is a good idea. I talked it over with some people, and it just sounds dangerous, and not worth the effort we would put into it. That, and the issues with minors being outside in the night. There's going to be plenty of great daytime this summer, lets just have wars then.

Edited by venom213, 06 June 2009 - 12:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users