Is it really worth it?

30 replies to this topic

#26 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

I've dumbed my doomsayer down a bit, only has a BBB spring in it, so it hit's low 80's, resulting in more people letting me use it :D . They're definitely worth it.

As have I. Shorter barrels, not as many springs, etc. I'm still hoping to use mine in the SOF Seattle war in July, though there seems to be a majority voting to ban them. :(

Last I seen it was a unanimous yes on them being there.
Considering I've sold all my other primaries aside from my xbow I'm hoping that they will not become banned.

Read through the thread again, including the poll. We've been outnumbered.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#27 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

I need to get some CPVC or crayolas though, because it is either the gun or the barrels. And we play in a church, and the longest distance would be from the foyer to the glass doors that divide the gym from the rest. (about 150 feet) I will make sure I have one of these things prepared for SOF RO. Silly washington D.C. trip, I have to use my current funds for a camera (annoying parental units) but the good news is my dad has agreed to pay for everything when the time comes. Should I put a Pikachu action figure in the middle of the barrels, or a Squirtle? No, seriously, this is for S&G's.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#28 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

EDIT: I know that there isn't a single person that could care less whether or not I come to a war anyway, so I just deleted all I had to say.

You're missing the point. We'd love for you to show up at a war, but blaming us for disuading you from coming to a war is pointless. Come or don't come. It's not on an organizer to sell you, personally, on his war. If you get there, great, but if you don't you're generally the one that's missing out, not the people that showed up and had a good time.

Anyway, ERTL shotguns, huh?

I'm not trying to blame anyone. Until yesterday, my only primary-worthy weapon was my doomsayer. I had a coupler'd BBB and singled, brass breech At2K, but I don't feel comfortable using stuff like that. Yesterday, I made a new device that lets me use an LS mag with any gun that has a coupler, and there is no range sacrifice, so no matter what gets banned, I can just stick my barrel on something else and I am good to go for my style of play. I didn't mean for that comment to get so far out of hand.

As for my actual opinion on the RFSG, I'd say that it is definitely worth it to build. Even if some wars ban it, not all will, and it's a ton of fun either way. Also, you can always host wars of your own and use the gun there. There is no gun that has to be banned. It's all personal preference, so if you wanted to have doomsayers and singled titans, do so.

EDIT: If you actually finish this thing, you have to go with squirtle. Pikachu sucks hard, and Squirtle is awesome. It's the obvious choice to make.

Edited by slowguitarman, 12 March 2009 - 03:30 PM.

Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#29 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

I've dumbed my doomsayer down a bit, only has a BBB spring in it, so it hit's low 80's, resulting in more people letting me use it :D . They're definitely worth it.

As have I. Shorter barrels, not as many springs, etc. I'm still hoping to use mine in the SOF Seattle war in July, though there seems to be a majority voting to ban them. :(

Last I seen it was a unanimous yes on them being there.
Considering I've sold all my other primaries aside from my xbow I'm hoping that they will not become banned.

Read through the thread again, including the poll. We've been outnumbered.

Dammit what ever happened to good ol'dictatorship? Can we call the governor and get an overruling?

Question tho is are the people who are actually going to be there voting against hem or are people that are just being dicks also voting? Cause I don't remember reading much opposition. I'm going to double check tho.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 13 March 2009 - 05:33 AM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#30 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

I am kinda at a loss here. I don't know whether to side with people who outright want to ban it or not. I mean, its an amazing primary (from what I've heard) and people say it unbalances the game, but then again, maybe its just Angel that does it (take that as a joke). I mean, not everyone is dead eye accurate with everything, and even the most long range primaries can be dodged if the target so desires. Venom is building a Doomsayer... or atleast I think he was, he's been saying that for about 10 months now, yet he can't hit shit even with a slightly more normal primary like a clipped Big Blast or the like. So it's all about the player. And theoretically a good player would be good with any primary in their hands.

Long and short? Make a Doomsayer, use it at some wars, and see if you like it. No primary is gonna make you an awesome Nerfer, but an awesome Nerfer can make a primary legendary, E.I. Guru, DoomSayer, and any of the other ones you see on the Nerf Wiki, and anyone thinking about making a custom primary, I suggest looking through that first. Good info.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#31 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for the input guys.

And aiming is really easy, you just need to judge how fast they are running, how far the gun shoots, where the dart intercepts with their course, and how far in front of them you need to aim. I find it really easy, even for long range. Just hope you have a good dart. And what about that guy over in SoCal who when he kneels down according to Bags he becomes "200X more accurate?"

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users