Pictures & Video. DISCUSS HERE ONLY.

450 replies to this topic

#101 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

This is perfect.

If I can get the raider to 60 feet or the fury fire to 80, I'd be a happy Lynx.

I guess I just have to use a AT3k till then.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#102 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

Awww frig no... here we go again:

Posted Image

Found it here.

More speculation I suppose. With this we can only guess until we see more though.

Looks like another air-powered gun, though. Look at the little priming handle thing at the back, you can barely see a plus-shaped bar right at the end of it going into the gun.
Thats an awkward place for a pump... the back of a gun so you have to pump it like you prime a Recon?

Edited by Glint, 16 February 2009 - 01:11 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#103 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

It looks Lazer Tagish to me.

Here is a bigger picture, I highlighted some points of interest.
Posted Image
The ring on the back looks like something sticks out, probably a tube like the recon.

Edited by A side of nerf, 16 February 2009 - 01:16 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#104 Piroko

Piroko

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

Ok, my $.02.

My biggest beef with the 'CS' type blasters thus far has been the holding position when firing. Using the recon feels like using the firefly, and the stock longshot takes 'unwieldy' to a whole new level. The raider fixes the biggest pitfall of the stock 'CS' line, that chambering a dart means shifting your grip.

However, I also believe that of the stock 'CS' line, the Recon will always shoot better by virtue of having a shorter barrel and thus less contact with the dart. So in that regard, yes, I'll buy a raider. I'll take the stock and the drum and put them on my recon, and continue to use my recon like a firefly, except that now it has more then 4 times the darts in a smaller package then the Vulcan.

Edited by Piroko, 16 February 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#105 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

Awww frig no... here we go again:

(Image here)

Found it here.

More speculation I suppose. With this we can only guess until we see more though.

Looks like another air-powered gun, though. Look at the little priming handle thing at the back, you can barely see a plus-shaped bar right at the end of it going into the gun.
Thats an awkward place for a pump... the back of a gun so you have to pump it like you prime a Recon?

Judging by the target/crosshair logo on the grip, I reckon it's this:

NERF DART TAG Targeting Set

(Ages 8 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Fall 09)

Build the skills to stay cool and calm when caught in the middle of high-energy NERF battles with the new NERF DART TAG Targeting Set. Bring the DART TAG experience indoors and perfect your game by standing the target on various surfaces or attaching it to the back of your door. Complete with one blaster, one set of VISION GEAR eyewear and three DART TAG DARTS, the NERF DART TAG Targeting Set is a great way to improve your accuracy and impress your teammates. No batteries required. Each set sold separately.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#106 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

We can't really tell much from that picture, but the rod sticking out looks like a pump rod, not a plunger. But that's just me maybe.

Gears is probably right, but it's practically impossible to tell from that picture.

Silly Gizmodo, give us something we don't know about other than the Raider now :P

Edited by Glint, 16 February 2009 - 01:28 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#107 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

To get back to the raider, even if it is a reverse plunger, it looks like there's plenty of room to swap in a normal plunger tube. You'd probably lose slam mode, but I don't think anybody's going to care to much about that after its been out a while.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#108 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

Is it just me or is it getting stock-longshot ranges?
I mean the grip looks like it's got enough drawback, so it can't really be that far-fetched.

#109 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

alright, right me off as a cynic but... i'm disappointed. Digi camo? fail. the drum, as others have said, looks like it'd snap right off. plus honestly its cool and all to release rapid-fire guns, but i we don't need tons of them. I was, actually impressed by the design of the gun, excluding the drum. the gun itself, seperate from the drum, seems durable, cool looking, and easy to use. that stock is absolutely perfect. why can't every shoulder stock on a nerf gun be that good? the only thing is some little kids might have problems with how long the thing is. it'd suck to be a kid and get this thing then have to hold the gun sideways to even shoot at your friends. It kind of makes me wish the recon's design had been more like this tho. The drum... i'm sorry i just don't see how its amazing. Can you imagine how long it takes to individually put every dart back in? as far as going back to the good ol' blue and orange, thank you hasbro. thank you.... however i wish that the design of the clip sticking out the side in the N-STRIKE game had been kept. its would have been much easier to snap in, snap out, and i'd rather have 8 bullets on a one by one basis than boooooooooooooom ok i just fired 35. I feel just like i did when the vulcan came out. ANyways, maybe there will be some way to mod it and make it nondrum fed. on another note, yup i noticed the bbb too. looks kind of interesting, but nothing really omg. and i second whoever said that we shouldn't speculate too much. this reminds me so much of the vulcan, minus the fact that this actually could be used run and gun style. yeah the super soaker rerelease is a great idea i'm glad hasbro is smart in one area :P kidding of course...

Umm... I'm Pretty sure this gun is interchangable to regular RECON and LONGSHOT clips dude.. :/ and yes... it is one sexy blaster :D
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#110 CapnTac

CapnTac

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

8 pages in one day? Dang...
I am SO going to get this thing. Everything about it just seems so, well, cool. The drum magazine would seriously do wonders in indoor wars. I wonder how hard it would be to convert it to stefans.
QUOTE(NerfRogue83 @ Apr 1 2009, 05:58 PM) View Post

You really need to pick what suites you best, and check your spelling.

#111 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

It only looks like the darts are going 10 feet in the video.Or is that just me?
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#112 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

Looks like a cross between a BBB and a recon, and possibly a spawn of the devil. I mean, that is just beastly. Why can't they just release it already? I wonder if that clip fits in the longshot...

Edited by wing'd man, 16 February 2009 - 04:18 PM.

#113 coltsboy29

coltsboy29

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

This thing is so cool, but I think I will wait for a review from an owner before I buy it.
Totally not gettin' siggy with it at all.

#114 sidamazo

sidamazo

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

Its basically the same as the longshot. If you think of the front grip/handle as the bolt-action and the drum as the clip, this is just the longshot reformed. The plunger looks really big too. Stock ranges seem decent. It looks like it hits the wall pretty hard.

Edited by sidamazo, 16 February 2009 - 05:03 PM.

#115 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

Why isn't anyone excited about the Nerf shoes?

Seriously, I bet someone could get at least 15' out of those...

Lulz.

Posted Image

Kidding aside, this Furyfire would be the first new Air/Pump gun Nerf has made since the Titan/Hornet back in '06 right?

Either way, I'm looking forward to all these new drool-worthy guns.

Edited by sputnik, 16 February 2009 - 05:55 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#116 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

I don't know why everyone's giving the drum mag so much crap, if you don't like it, it looks like you could use a regular cs-6 mag, that's probably why the gun says cs-6 instead of cs-35.

Posted Image

They remind me of the SM1K.
Maybe these could be part of the new dart tag line?

As for these, is it just me, or do they look like mavericks with faux barrels?
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#117 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

Why isn't anyone excited about the Nerf shoes?

Seriously, I bet someone could get at least 15' out of those...

I'm excited. Someone could build a bazooka and launch them!
15'? More like 200'!

I'm seriously debating whether to stick with LS clips or use the mag when it comes out.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#118 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

Send one my way and I'll shoot it outta the Holy Nerf Cannon!!

All BSing aside, A: The Furyfire does look a little oversized. B: The Raider seemed to get good range, and that was just a prototype. :blink:

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#119 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

Could someone explain to me how the drum mag works?

I count 29 darts and 2 stoppers in the drum, which means 7 darts in the mag. As long as there are darts in the drum, it's quite obvious how darts in the mag will feed. But how will the last 6 darts feed? The only mechanism I can think of is gravity, since the drum-mag is inserted horizontally. This implies it will not be interchangeable with the rest of the CS-line.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#120 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Split can has input? Split will be first to mod!
From the handle, the stroke is tiny. Shame. I hope it's at least 3", so we can get a solid, sealing breech on there.

"Slam fire" fires when handle is forward (so that the breech is closed). That would mean two catches - one on trigger, one that actuates on the handle being forward. You need the handle forward to fire with trigger, need trigger down to fire in slam mode.

Center disk in drum mag rotates, like on mine, meaning a torsion spring.

The handle in the center of the drum mag doesn't turn when fired. The cap can't pop off with twist lock, it's screwed on as one piece. To refill, I imagine that you'd push darts down into the clip while turning that knob, winding the torsion spring the right amount, as well as lining up the darts.

Notice new clip lock, very beast.

Clip that mag feeds into has odd lips (picture on box).

The mag uses tabs to guide the ends of the darts into the clip - will need to make full length stefans.. :(

I think the obvious evolution of this device is the Nerf Sword Launcher.

"Highest dart capacity only from Nerf!" But not from Splitlip.

Does some on want to get some measurements making a scale from the rail width and the clip and dart sizes? We know those numbers.
I think it would be sweet to turn mag to be on the right side, 45 degrees below x axis. Would probably make it harder to swap clips, but much more wieldy.

I too noticed that the last 6 darts are not fed automatically, but if it is a gravity system, that doesn't mean it can't use Standard clips.

Edited by Splitlip, 16 February 2009 - 07:00 PM.

Teehee.

#121 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

But how will the last 6 darts feed? The only mechanism I can think of is gravity, since the drum-mag is inserted horizontally. This implies it will not be interchangeable with the rest of the CS-line.

I thought I saw a crank handle on the back of the drum, perhaps you crank the last 6?

Edited by A side of nerf, 16 February 2009 - 06:31 PM.

#122 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

But how will the last 6 darts feed? The only mechanism I can think of is gravity, since the drum-mag is inserted horizontally. This implies it will not be interchangeable with the rest of the CS-line.

I thought I saw a crank handle on the back of the drum, perhaps you crank the last 6?

I doubt it, since the crank appears only to turn the inside of the drum.

I think that, if the internals are similar to the longshot, that someone could make this thing shoot like an LS, rangewise. Well Split?
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#123 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

This implies it will not be interchangeable with the rest of the CS-line.

but if it is a gravity system, that doesn't mean it can't use Standard clips.

Split, I assumed you were responding to Zorn's post, correct?
If so, I think Zorn means that the Raider Drum Clip can't go into the Recon and Longshot, not that the LS Clips can't go into the raider.

Edited by A side of nerf, 16 February 2009 - 06:46 PM.

#124 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

Ah, true true. Misunderstood, though it's still not completely true. It could still be interchangeable, but only offer 29 shots on the Recon and Longshot. It really doesn't seem that there is a follower, since it would need to be 5 dart-widths long in order to feed them all, so it's quite perplexing.
Teehee.

#125 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

Well however the drum mag is designed, it obviously works. Stop fretting about it and wait until you get one to view the mechanism inside.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users