New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Pictures & Video. DISCUSS HERE ONLY.

450 replies to this topic

#401 wisdom000

wisdom000

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

Amazon is listing the raider, it's not available for pre order yet, but they are listing it:

http://www.amazon.co...2270641&sr=1-28

They are also releasing something on July 15th called the Nerf Clip System Darts 36pk. I don't know what that is, but it sounds like it might be the drum magazine... which would be awesome, being able to just buy that without buying the whole gun...
http://www.amazon.co...2270641&sr=1-30

Also available on that date is the Nerf Whistler Darts 36pk
Which sounds like darts that will do what the Sonic darts were originally advertised as doing...
Datafortress 2020, the largest and most comprehensive Cyberpunk 2020 site in the world, home of Interlock Unlimited:
http://datafortress2020.110mb.com/

#402 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:30 PM

"The more badass it looks, the more it sucks."

That's not true in any way.

How so?

Doomsayer.

Amazon is listing the raider, it's not available for pre order yet, but they are listing it:

http://www.amazon.co...2270641&sr=1-28

Did anyone else notice how that says "Nerf N-Strike Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 Dart Blaster - Blue"?
I smell a yellow Raider.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#403 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

And maybe they will also sell a red one, since there have been reports of red recons; but dont quote me on that... (not 100% sure)

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#404 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

Let's just agree that any springer made since 2006 has pretty much sucked.

Agreed.

This is entirely dependent on when the ERTL guns came out. If it was after 2006, then I have to disagree.

And as to both things AssassinNF said, I have to agree wholeheartedly, both in the respect of the Doomsayer both looking and being badass, and having a yellow raider. Something tells me that this is going to be an ongoing trend of NERF. Starting guns with one color, and giving them an excuse to re-release it in a different color (LS, Raider). I mean, if that weren't the reasoning, why would they release another blue gun in a rapidly-changing-to-yellow N-Strike line?
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#405 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Doomsayer.

Okay, that's a given. This will play into my correction of my previous statement.

This is entirely dependent on when the ERTL guns came out. If it was after 2006, then I have to disagree.

And as to both things AssassinNF said, I have to agree wholeheartedly, both in the respect of the Doomsayer both looking and being badass, and having a yellow raider. Something tells me that this is going to be an ongoing trend of NERF. Starting guns with one color, and giving them an excuse to re-release it in a different color (LS, Raider). I mean, if that weren't the reasoning, why would they release another blue gun in a rapidly-changing-to-yellow N-Strike line?

First note, I'm changing my statement to "The more badass a Nerf Gun looks, the worse it performs, as of late."

Secondly, that's how toy companies make money. They make a mold, release the toy in one color for a while, then reuse the mold with a different colorscheme and sell that as a different toy. That way, some people end up buying 2, and people who dislike the first scheme get the second. It's cheaper, since they only have to change their color, not the whole mold.

Hence, Red Recon and BBB, Yellow LS, Yellow FF, Yellow Mav, Blue and Yellow NFs, and Yellow MS.

One could also say that the entire Dart Tag line is a set of blasters re-released simultaneous to its original.

that looks the the best ******* NERF GUN EVA!!! IT PLAZWEFWAEFWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm embarassed to be from the same State.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#406 MartyMan

MartyMan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

That's the link to a vid that includes the gun. I find this video much more informative than the firing video. By the way, the gun is only in a part of the video, so don't bother watching the entire thing.
There's strong, and then there's army strong..........and then there's MARTY STRONG!

#407 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

That's the link to a vid that includes the gun. I find this video much more informative than the firing video. By the way, the gun is only in a part of the video, so don't bother watching the entire thing.

Welcome to Nerfhaven. That video's been posted already, earlier in the thread. Please read the whole thing, next time.

#408 wardrive

wardrive

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

there have been weird rumors that the cs-35 is going to cost $66.89. Mostly because some genius on Youtube put a caption saying that a childs toy would cost 65 bucks .

I was under the impression this would be in the usual $30 to $40 range..
It's not called incompetence, We call it Leadership.

#409 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

there have been weird rumors that the cs-35 is going to cost $66.89. Mostly because some genius on Youtube put a caption saying that a childs toy would cost 65 bucks .

I was under the impression this would be in the usual $30 to $40 range..

That's just one of those stupid rumors spread on youtube. There's no way it could cost more than a vulcan.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#410 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:59 AM

This red Recon I keep hearing about intrigues me... google is producing nothing for me, anyone got a link?

And Youtube rumors are usually about as intelligent as Youtube's userbase. The Raider will likely be $30-$40. Maybe $35 to have an Ammo=Price gimmick.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#411 bookybabora

bookybabora

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

This red Recon I keep hearing about intrigues me... google is producing nothing for me, anyone got a link?

And Youtube rumors are usually about as intelligent as Youtube's userbase. The Raider will likely be $30-$40. Maybe $35 to have an Ammo=Price gimmick.

Yeah it's $35 just read the press release, http://phx.corporate...6478&highlight=

#412 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

http://phx.corporate...6478&highlight=
Is it just me or does it say
"Nerf dart tag WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" in the top line?
Could this be a glimpse of possible "Proffesional Nerfing"?
hmmmmm........
(my apologies, my link doesnt seem to be working. try the one in bookybabora's post)

Edited by *flush, 25 May 2009 - 12:01 PM.

"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

#413 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

Most likely a video game. Something tells me it's not a legit nerf war. Possibly, but I don't think so.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#414 Alexiumz

Alexiumz

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

The Nerf CTF set sounds interesting.
I look forward to the Raider - even stock, if looks are anything to go by, this definitely looks like a promising product. Will be interesting to see what mods can be done to it though.

#415 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

Most likely a video game. Something tells me it's not a legit nerf war. Possibly, but I don't think so.

http://nerfhaven.com...ld championship

Seeing as how the press release gives the Mountain Dew Action Sport Tour Festival Village, there just might be something to a world championship more than a video game.

After this weekend's war, I'm thinking the Raider will be pretty useful at 35 shots in defensive scenarios but ultimately we won't know until it comes out, right guys?

#416 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...ld championship

Seeing as how the press release gives the Mountain Dew Action Sport Tour Festival Village, there just might be something to a world championship more than a video game.

After this weekend's war, I'm thinking the Raider will be pretty useful at 35 shots in defensive scenarios but ultimately we won't know until it comes out, right guys?

actually, i checked again myself and did find that it says
"bringing a no-holds barred blaster experience to the video game environment"
but then looking down it says
"bringing awareness to the sport of DART TAG"
so i believe that this actually is a legit war. and something that i have to see.
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

#417 flamingeyes245

flamingeyes245

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

I don't think the Raider can take 6-shot clips, due to the clip releases on the sides of where the drum goes in.
It also looks like the whole stock is removable and could be attached to the recon.
Keep your friends close,
And your Nerf guns closer.

External Modification contest, check it out!

Using anything I write as a sig makes your penis shoot rainbows. Bitches LOVE rainbows
^^VACC

#418 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

I don't think the Raider can take 6-shot clips, due to the clip releases on the sides of where the drum goes in.
It also looks like the whole stock is removable and could be attached to the recon.

If it can't take 6shot Magazines, then why is the drum able to used in the Recon and Longshot?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#419 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, but if you look at the pic in the link, you can see a orange tab on the stock. Could this mean the stock maybe interchangeable with the recon's?

I know it's a long shot from probably being so, but why else would it be there?

Thats a realy good observation. It might be already mentioned in this thread, but I don't remember so. Anyhow, the orange tab looks just about exactly like the one on the recon. If the stock is interchangeable, then we could put our recon stocks (for those who still have them) in the trash and try out this one. It looks sturdier at any rate.

Yep, the stock has been mentioned. In fact, most of the things mentioned in the last 5 or so pages can be found earlier in the thread. Apparently people are just posting things that 5 other people noticed or found out, without bothering to read much of this thread.

Edited by durka durka, 27 May 2009 - 06:08 PM.

"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#420 random

random

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

MY question is...Why aren't they releasing it now? I mean they have the packaging designed, the gun looks kickass (I'm not judging a book by its cover, but it still looks like a fun indoor gun if not well designed internally). If they wait till summer, they may lose interest from lack of release (AKA Vulcan and recon were fairly close, and such the colored BBB)

its coming in the fall and they give toy fair only a little they need to stock up first.
!!!ITS NERF OR NOTHING!!!

#421 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:42 PM

its coming in the fall and they give toy fair only a little they need to stock up first.

Um... Say what now?

Please punctuate that. That could be one sentence or possibly four. I don't know how to take that.

MY question is...Why aren't they releasing it now? I mean they have the packaging designed, the gun looks kickass (I'm not judging a book by its cover, but it still looks like a fun indoor gun if not well designed internally). If they wait till summer, they may lose interest from lack of release (AKA Vulcan and recon were fairly close, and such the colored BBB)

Look at the Vulcan. It was "done" as you say, but it really wasn't. The stuff they show in the toy fairs are not final products, but actually prototypes. Chances are the Raider will retain the physical features but a very different paintscheme. Also, the box will likely not look like that.

Also, it helps to build hype. This summer (We all know it's coming in July) will be a great time for it to release. They likely know about Season of Foam at this point, and it could be a factor. Also, more kids do get more toys in summer. Further, it's not too far for the hype to die (This thread is a shining example), but far enough for it to build. Admit it, you're anxiously awaiting the Raider.

#422 Nerf300

Nerf300

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

Gripping a front grip is easier to pumping a flatish one. Powerful spring maybe?(Due to horrible breeching?)

#423 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

They likely know about Season of Foam at this point, and it could be a factor.

I don't think Hasbro gives a flying rat's ass about SOF. It's a big deal in our community, but it isn't like it'll make an appearance at Cannes.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#424 Shwanky

Shwanky

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:21 AM

I have seen a few posts about a red recon in this thread and remembered something. I recently purchased a recon for my brother's birthday. In the box was a little advertising paper with a few things on it. I noticed it had a code to win a specially painted recon. (red, with gold bits) I didn't notice it at first but it is for the wii game, not a real recon. I'm not sure if that's what people are talking about, but I was hoping it might clarify on the subject.

I can't wait for this to come out! Nerf is doing a great job at getting me excited! It seems like a few guns are coming out this year.

I wonder how you get the darts into the magazine. It has screws holding the clear plate and the plate with the N-strike logo onto the magazine. I couldn't see any sort of a hinge or door.

It doesn't have dart pegs where the darts go (obviously or it wouldn't function as it is indicated to). Maybe you could fit stefans in it? Hopefully the barrel can fit them. If not a barrel replacement doesn't look too difficult. That's from looking at the outside though.

I'm getting this, nonetheless. Hopefully the NIC can pump some mods out soon. I know I'll be trying my best to find some!

EDIT: I see how the darts get in. There is a thing you twist and I guess it opens it.

Edited by Shwanky, 29 May 2009 - 01:36 AM.

I'm new to nerf but feel like I'm good at modding and at playing.

Currently modding every gun I can get my hands on.

Working on my own mod. I can't wait to finish and get the write-up...well written up. =)

#425 nerfchild

nerfchild

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Woah did anyone notice that amped up - maverick - like thing? The pictures are distorted, but hell that thing looks beast!
92% of nerfhaven users have a similar signature as this because ice does,
If you're one of the 8% who dont...Congrats you're not a follower (No offense ice/uin13)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users