Photo

3rd Annual Mnsbw

157 replies to this topic

#101 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

No objections from me because its about the same distance there as the other location and if it is air conditioned that would be great, if it isn't, that's horrible.

I don't think we will be renting it out for MNSBW, unless all the snow melts and/or the park becomes very popular. We should be able to take over a big enough section of the park just for our group. We won't need air conditioning for MNSBW either because it's guaranteed to be cold. Julian, can you tell house about Newell's popularity in early spring?

Sunday is always packed with church groups, but saturday is nearly always free.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#102 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

Will attend this as long as I don't have a vacation sprung on me at the last minute. Also Newell park is cash.

#103 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

There's no way I'll have time to get ready for this war. Most of my arsenal hasn't been touched since the last war I attended. I'll be there for the summer or if we have another war before then.

Have fun guys.

I resent this previous statement.

Add me to the participant list.

#104 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

If you guys are looking for a good indoor place to host a war I would suggest looking into the Cooper High School community gyms. It is in the North West Metro, off of highway 169. I don't know what the price is for renting... I will have to look into that. It is two gyms side by side separated by a retractable curtain. The problem is (well two really) there is no air conditioning, and someone would have to supply some cover or something.

-nerfbros

p.s. Oh yeah you guys can go ahead and put us as a maybe

Edited by Nerf Bros, 26 February 2009 - 09:28 PM.

We have no sig.

#105 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

There's no way I'll have time to get ready for this war. Most of my arsenal hasn't been touched since the last war I attended. I'll be there for the summer or if we have another war before then.

Have fun guys.

I resent this previous statement.

Add me to the participant list.

Ryan, you rock... my socks.... in the rain... with a train...

Oh yeah, this will be awesome.

#106 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

I won't have everything that I want to have ready in a month's time, but I'll have enough stuff to still kick-ass.

So could I get an address of the new park? And lodging information?

#107 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

I won't have everything that I want to have ready in a month's time, but I'll have enough stuff to still kick-ass.

So could I get an address of the new park? And lodging information?

Its like 900 Fairview or something, or you can just find the corner of Fairview and Peirce Butler, and the parking lot is right there.

And lodging like Hotels? Or something a bit more in the nature of staying at someones house?

#108 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

I updated the first post with the address and added Ryan to attending. That is utterly awesome, Ryan. I'm glad we're having an old vet at this war, it wouldn't be a true MNSBW without an old vet. I don't think lodging will be too hard to find. It seems like half the people coming live relatively near the park. But, the housing areas are obviously much smaller because of the urban setting. I have plenty of space at my house, as well as an extra queen bed, because it's big and suburban. It's farther away from the park, but it's south of St. Paul so it would be more convenient if your coming from Chicago.

Edited by venom213, 26 February 2009 - 11:03 PM.

#109 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:38 AM

I'll probably get a hotel. I have a free night's stay at Red Roof Inn. There is one in Woodbury that I know of. We stayed there last time we went. I'll probably just get a free room there.

I'm glad I could come, and I'm glad you guys are glad I'm coming. Wow, thats a mess of words.

Anyway, hope this is an awesome war, and I'll see you guys in a month.

#110 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

In case you didn't see it in the other topic, there is another indoor war at Hamline University from 7-10 PM on Saturday (March 7th). It's in the student center.

Edited by venom213, 04 March 2009 - 11:31 PM.

#111 Trifecta

Trifecta

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hey guys. This is an account that I just set up and this sounds pretty cool. I was wondering what ages you guys had last year. I may be attending even though no one really knows me, but this looks like lots of fun!
Yes, it is I! Feel free to touch yourself in the course of savoring this moment.
-VAAC

#112 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:59 AM

Hey guys. This is an account that I just set up and this sounds pretty cool. I was wondering what ages you guys had last year. I may be attending even though no one really knows me, but this looks like lots of fun!

I'm twenty. I'm a little bit older than most of the attendees. I believe everyone else is mostly in high school and a few people in college.

#113 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

I'm twenty. I'm a little bit older than most of the attendees. I believe everyone else is mostly in high school and a few people in college.

We span about from 13-14 all the way up to however old Carbon is.

#114 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, the ages at this war are probably going to be in the range of 13-22 years. If your old enough to be on this site and not a complete douchebag we should have little to few problems with you.

#115 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

We span about from 13-14 all the way up to however old Carbon is.

Always happy to provide the outlier on the bell curve. In the meanwhile, my lawn: get off it.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#116 Trifecta

Trifecta

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

Sweet. Then I hope to make it if I can get my recon finished and buff up my Longshot, event thought right now it's just a cool looking piece of crap (And will most Likely stay like that) My problem is I cant paint in this weather but as you fellow Minnesotans know, if you live around minneapolis, if will be around 40 this weekend. Cant wait!
Yes, it is I! Feel free to touch yourself in the course of savoring this moment.
-VAAC

#117 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

Yeah its been pretty cold lately. Anyways, its nice to have a new nerfer around.

#118 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Would anyone have an objection to starting an hour earlier? I feel if I travel across two states, I want to Nerf every little bit that I can.

Edited by Ryan201821, 12 March 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#119 Trifecta

Trifecta

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

Oh and i'm having a hellofalot of trouble putting my recon back together so after i paint it and finish modding it, I was wondering if anyone there could re construct it for me. Thanks.
-VAAC

#120 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

Would anyone have an objection to starting an hour earlier? I feel if I travel across two states, I want to Nerf every little bit that I can.

Well, I'd consider it. It's just that most of these people here are young and usually sleep in on Saturdays. I think something more reasonable would be to have a 9:45 arrival time so that we could actually start nerfing at 10. I know that even that wouldn't work for all these people who show up late, so I doubt there is much we can do.

A message to everyone, come early if you possibly can. We want to get this shit going on time. It seems like our wars never really get going until 10:40-11:00. I want to change that.

#121 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

I would love to start earlier. You kids and your sleeping in...

Good to see someone new picking up the hobby.

#122 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

I would probably go if I could borrow a couple guns. I don't really have much of an arsenal. Yet.

#123 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

I wouldn't mind showing up earlier.

Koree

Edited by koree, 13 March 2009 - 02:14 AM.

#124 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:39 AM

Well, I'd consider it. It's just that most of these people here are young and usually sleep in on Saturdays. I think something more reasonable would be to have a 9:45 arrival time so that we could actually start nerfing at 10. I know that even that wouldn't work for all these people who show up late, so I doubt there is much we can do.

A message to everyone, come early if you possibly can. We want to get this shit going on time. It seems like our wars never really get going until 10:40-11:00. I want to change that.

So your 10:00 start time is suggestion then? Whatever the start time is, you should get there at least 15 minutes before to unpack, etc.

Especially if you are the host. You should be the first one there.

#125 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:28 AM

Well, I'd consider it. It's just that most of these people here are young and usually sleep in on Saturdays.

I usually get up early but if we start at 10 this time that would be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users