March Meltdown

136 replies to this topic

#101 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

Could somebody possibly post a map that isn't google maps because the one Rambo posted I can't see the park there thanks.

What do you mean you can't see the park there? The park is the wooded area all around the green marker... just follow the road the Google Map leads you to until you reach the parking lot.

Edited by Rambo, 04 March 2009 - 09:20 PM.

#102 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

If it rains, you get better diving shots. My pants looked like I had shat myself after the PA war 1 while trying to dodge the plus bows (I failed).

Finally, I found a bunch of pretty heavy duty springs in my basement, about the same size as NF springs and about the strength of a BBB spring, a bit more. As I drunkenly found out that they BBB cannot handle both springs, I'll be bringing them to the war if anyone is interested in them.

EDIT: The springs I have are about 3/4 of an inch longer then NF springs, but still about the same diameter.
I dont need darts anymore, but if anyone has a gun using OMC PETG would they let me know? The darts I made are a hair too small for the PETG I had, which I thought had the same dimensions. Thanks.

-Deamonn

Edited by Deamonn, 06 March 2009 - 05:43 PM.

The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#103 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

You guys know it's not calling for rain any more right?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#104 zach attack

zach attack

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

Things have come up I won't be there. Ice just give me my breech at the next war.

Edited by zach attack, 05 March 2009 - 06:20 PM.

#105 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Okay, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that the LGLF are totally kicking some Magnificent Horsemen ass on Saturday. Just saying.

So like, you split and Jackson vs whichever 3 of us are out of ammo at the moment? I'm jut trying to figure out what situation you're envisioning where this will be possible.

What? Seriously? Jackson could take down any three of you with his right arm behind his back using an Arrowstorm.

Yes, seriously. We're not talking about passing out after 3 beers, so your team's distinctive advantage kinda evaporates.

"Team's"? Nah. We'll nerf you down all day long, no hesitation. After all, you had to borrow one of our own just to make your little "clan".
Teehee.

#106 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

Official rules for the nerf war:

If you do not feel you can follow this set of rules then please do not attend.

In keeping with the nerf spirit of a fun, friendly, non-competitive environment to spend the day, I have crafted this list of rules and bullet points.

Rule # 1 - Nerf operates on an honor system. Because of this it cannot conform to a truly competitive nature. In the pursuit of winning, people are willing to bend the rules. You are expected to keep with this honor system by calling only hits you actually make and taking the hits that are called on you. Generally shooter will call hits and arguments are discouraged. If there is an argument, come to a conclusion and walk outside of each others engagement range. Anyone who is deemed to be not keeping with this honor code will be asked to sit out for a round. If he does not act honorably after that he will be asked to leave and will no longer be invited to events hosted by myself.

Rule # 2 - At the beginning of a round you have 3 hits. After you are hit, you are to leave the main area of battle, count to 15 and clear. You cannot clear and immediately shoot someone. You need to yell clear very loudly and clearly. Anyone deemed to be exploiting this rule will be asked to sit out for a round. Further exploitation will result in your ejection from the war and you will no longer be invited to wars I host.

Rule # 3 - Guns may only be pneumatically powered by either spring or a hand pump. Pumps cannot be plugged if the guns original purpose was to fire missiles or any other projectiles other then darts. Multi-shot auto advancing spring guns shooting over 80 feet will not be permitted. Titans and sm5ks are not permitted. Air powered homemade guns are not permitted. Pistols are pistol sized guns with similar performance of a lnl or NF. Pistol splats are not pistols. 2k's are not pistols. Final say on gun legality is at my discretion. If there is any question of whether a gun will be legal, please leave it at home.

Rule # 4 - In keeping with the honor code it is mandatory that you act with sportsmanship at all time. If you don't know how to act with sportsmanship, do not attend.

Rule # 5 - Head shots are prohibited. If you do shoot someone in the head you will be expected to apologize and avoid them in the future. If it is deemed that you are taking too many head shots you will be asked to shit out a round. After that you will be ejected from the war and uninvited to future events held by me.

Rule # 6 - No stand offs. If you find yourself in a stand off, do something. Shoot or better yet, move to a better position. If a round drags on due to stand offs, it will be ended and a new round will be started. Stand offs will happen, but they should be discouraged and kept to a minimum.

Rule # 7 - All hits count. Gun hits, pinky hits, shoe hits, etc.

Rule # 8 - Civilians have priority. We will keep our distance as much as possible, but we are guests in the park. We must continue to act with respect or we may no longer be aloud to play in the park.

Rule # 9 - if it's not your property, do not touch it with out permission. This includes darts. Take your darts out of your pocket at the end of the day that are not yours and put them in a community pile so people can get theirs back.

Rule # 10 - Treat everyone at the war with respect. If it's deemed that you are being disrespectful, you will be asked to leave immediately.

I don't expect to have to be a Nazi about this all day, so just follow these rules and keep it friendly, however these rules are not open for discussion.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#107 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

Rule # 5 - Head shots are prohibited. If you do shoot someone in the head you will be expected to apologize and avoid them in the future. If it is deemed that you are taking too many head shots you will be asked to shit out a round. After that you will be ejected from the war and uninvited to future events held by me.

That's it? I can't shoot at someone that I hit in the head, whether accidentally or intentionally, for the rest of the war for fear of ejection? Is eye protection still required in light of this rule?

Is there going to be a test on all these rules before admission is granted? Just want to make sure I get enough studying in....

All kidding aside, I may be a bit out of the loop here, but when did things become so fucking stringent? I haven't been to an east coast war since Apoc, but rule lists being posted before a war that include threats of ejection? What happened to showing up, loosely conforming to a set of guidelines and having a good time? How can I have a good time when I'm worrying about where my dart is going to hit someone?

#108 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:58 AM

If you have a problem with anything I've said Rambo, I suggest you don't come.

Talio.

#109 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

I also agree with rambo on the no headshot rule. Its a somewhat unneccessary rule in a game with this much randomness and inconsistency. Also the fact that shooting from cover could become rediculous due to the fact that people could not be hit or shot at. Its your war, and you have the final say, but the fact that this is the only war I've ever heard of doing this might say that your audience might have a better time without this rule.

#110 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

Do not aim for the head. If you do not feel you are skilled enough to avoid shots to the face, then do not attend. If you do hit someone in the face, you will be expected to apologize. Accidents happen and that's fine, but you are not to specifically aim for the face.

#111 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

I think all that Talio is trying to say, and all his previous rules, can be summed up in one simple sentence:

Don't Be a Dick.

There, all rule squabbling solved. Now shut up and I'll see you all tomorrow.

-Deamonn
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

#112 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

Everybody relax. None of these rules are really far from the norm. Headshots are always discouraged, and rightfully so. Don't aim for the head and if an accident happens appologize and be more careful in the future. This is nothing new, Talio just doesn't always present things in a kindly manner. Honestly, though, what the fuck did you expect? You mess with the Viking and you're bound to get the horns.

#113 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

Alright guys...T minus 10 hours and counting. Lets put all this petty shit aside and have some fun. I'll go over the rules against tomorrow and also review the rules for Zombie revenge. Get some rest and lets have some fun.

Talio.

#114 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

FERD and I are heading out now. See you guys on the field.

#115 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

So how was it? Hope you guys had fun.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#116 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:56 PM

Well, this was my fourth war, and I think the best. To be honest I had more fun here than APOC. I arrived late but it was well worth it.

PROS:
- Getting some good hits
- Playing the zombie revenge game
- Eating Groove's brain
- Getting some good deals on good guns
- Groove; "Here comes the diddle train, and it has no brakes!"
- Me; "All I needed was to loosen it a little, and apply some lube, and now it's fine." Groove; "That's what she said"
- Slug helping me revive my +bow

CONS:
- Getting owned as a zombie
- Slipping off of the bridge, and the "dart eating swamp"

Overall it was awesome. By far the most fun Saturday i've had in a long time.

#117 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

She's a hooker.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#118 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

It was an quite awesome war, the 'zombie amendment' worked really well.

If you are not bleeding or injured by the end of the day, you didn't play hard enough.

Seriously, this war proved what a great hobby this is. People weren't dicks, we civilly changed rules as a whole to keep games flowing, and the woods and clearing meant people could play to their individual styles. Today was a prime example why I feel no shame telling my friends "Nah, I can't hang out today, I'm going to a park to shoot nerf guns with a bunch of other grown men."

I got shot point blank in the face by Talio with a titan missile, breaking my glasses. You know what? Even that kicked as much ass as a bathtub full of tits.

There were no problems with asshatery, games stayed fast paced and fun, and I chugged a 32 ounce monster. The day was awesome. I don't know if future wars can compete, but i'll be damned sure to try.

'Chopsicle

Edited by Deamonn, 08 March 2009 - 10:41 AM.

#119 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:50 AM

Any chance this Nerf war event was great enough to perhaps do again next Sat (3/14), or will the unlucky ones have to wait yet another year for a chance at this awesome event?

Edited by b00m13, 08 March 2009 - 02:51 AM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#120 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

Any chance this Nerf war event was great enough to perhaps do again next Sat (3/14), or will the unlucky ones have to wait yet another year for a chance at this awesome event?

The ship has sailed, and you missed it.
There will be plenty of other New Jersey wars this year.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 08 March 2009 - 10:10 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#121 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

For those of you unfortunate enough not to make it, let me break it down for you. It was hot tits. The war was aptly named "March Meltdown" because quite literally there was still lots of snow on the ground at Mill Creek and it was all fucking melting as we played throughout the day. Beautiful.

As others have mentioned, this war was successful for numerous reasons, but first and foremost was the fact that we had no asshattery, dickheads, or rules lawyers. I think we partially owe thanks to Talio for this and his method of hosting and partially due to everyone in attendance, thank you to everyone for making this an enjoyable war.

This war was a big turning point for me, personally. It was the first time in about 6 years that I did not have a Crossbow to wield. That was pretty big for me. I used a +bow for the entire day, and thankfully Slug swapped out a Rev. 1 grip for a new, shiny, solid updated grip somewhere mid-day. My hands were near the point of bleeding, so that was good. Anyways, all things considered, I did okay. It was more or less a learning exercise for me, as I have been using a Rawraw7 style breech and coupler for the past 6 years and a slide breech was something new and exciting.

Anyways, highlights:
  • Zombie rounds, with revised rules were a blast. It was challenging and hectic.
  • No rules lawyering or disputes over hits. Everyone was really cool.
  • Reaching the perfect attendance number for Mill Creek to sustain.
  • Seeing some familiar faces and some new ones thrown in to the mix.
  • Selling some of the last remaining NERFSTRONG wristbands to people.
  • Not slipping and breaking anything the entire day. I thought for sure I was going to.
  • Having my own darts made that worked well in my barrel material and didn't suck.
  • Only losing a few of said darts throughout the entire day.
  • The dart-eating swamp behind the staging area was fun to trap people in.
  • Luring Splitlip into the woods behind us, only to have him be eaten by zombies.
  • "The diddle train has no brakes."
I'm sore as shit, have cuts and bruises all over my body, spent 7 hours in the car each way and still had a blast. Thanks again for everyone for attending, and many thanks to Talio for making this a great war. See you all at the next one, hopefully with the Mk. III completed.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#122 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

Had a great time at the war, it wasn’t the best day but that was no fault of the war itself.

Highlights:
- Getting a speeding ticket a ¼ mile from the park.
- Going into the war very injured and at least mentally exhausted
- Playing with everyone again
- The little kid leading our team the first round
- Doing pretty well most of the day
- Actually not hating the cover and bushes at Mill Creek for once
- Ripping a large hole in the back of my shirt
- Actually being paranoid during the zombie round and almost shooting DX(who was on my team and not a zombie) in the face as he walked up behind me
- About 10 minutes after a zombie ambush where, it was assumed that we lost all but three players on our team we find Langley and another teammate who escaped the ambush but went in a different direction. We believed we still had a chance, but zombie Groove had other plans
- Not getting any brains
- Losing my glasses and hat multiple times throughout the day (I think those trees were my greatest adversaries)
- Taking on 3 other players and dominating with the little kid, multiple times
- Getting killed with the LGFL during the “Clan” rounds
- My guns catch bailing on me towards the end of the day
- The Effeminate post war race to the train station, to start DX’s journey to Mexico

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#123 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

Wow. That was excellent. That re-affirmed everything I believe is great about nerf. I'm sorry I had to be a dick before the war about the rules guys. The problem is I don't think some people really knew all the unwritten rules we had for years and years. I think once we started to get tons of new members, they were never really stated. I know I came off as a dick, but it needed to be done so when the war actually started we could just have fun. And that's exactly what happened. No one was a dick about the rules, you just follow them because they're the guidelines of keeping the game fun and friendly.

Zombies was kick ass. It wears you out so fast that it truly becomes a survival mentality. And as a zombie, you realize how grueling it is to constantly have to chase people only to be shot at the last second. But when you get that kill, it's so satisfying. I do have to publicly apologize to Groove for blatantly letting him get eaten by a zombie. I don't even know what to say. That was 100% me.

I really appreciate everyone being so cool. I'm not really as big of a dick in person as I am on the boards. And I'm only a dick on the boards because I think I have a pretty good grasp on how to do things right and I hope that after the war this weekend everyone has a little more faith in me.

So here's to an awesome kick off of the east coast nerf season. Lets make it the greatest yet!

Talio.

#124 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

I had an awesome time at Saturday's war, easily the best Mill Creek war in several years. Some of the new players looked promising.

The rivalry between Mag-7 and The LGLF is off to a healthy start. For those of you who missed the opening act, a desperate struggle is forming between the two clans over the future of East Coast Nerf! Mag-7 believes that Nerfers should be forced to actually Nerf at Nerf Wars where as The LGLF ardently believes that Nerfers should instead spend the war lounging around in pajama pants circle jerking one another off. We'll see where Act II goes from here.

Looking forward to the next NJ Nerf War. I might start a thread today to see if we can some interest in a late-April war.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#125 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

Really? Because I was under the impression the Mag 7 was about standing 120 feet away from anything happening, and taking - well aimed, but none-the-less - pot shots. Which would make you the circle jerk.. And like you even said, hell yeah I was wearing (designer) pajama pants. I can run in them. Try sprinting and rushing in your tight blue denim jeans. Oh.. that's right.. you didn't.
Teehee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users