Official Nerf Foam Swords

Schweet!

59 replies to this topic

#51 Fireshaw

Fireshaw

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

I just picked up Shadow Fury and Thunder Fury at my local Walmart in Westminster, CA. The box was new and had about 10 of each. My brother is a master of deflecting darts with the Ja-Ru swords, so these will only make him stronger.

Edited by -Fireshaw, 06 January 2009 - 09:40 PM.

#52 TheBolt

TheBolt

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

I am 90% sure that the TV add will involve a kid thinking he's Luke Skywalker, swinging that blade around like he wants to decapitate air.

The sword looks really good in a non-practical way. I see potential for cosmetic mods, and just plain old smack someone around with foam fun. I'll probably pick one up if I see one

The N-Force thing is probably another poorly thought out marketing idea, maybe an "ELITE N-STRIKE DIVISION" or a "SUPER SPECIALTY TEAM" or some other crap in all caps. Then again it could be an error.

Edited by TheBolt, 07 January 2009 - 08:55 PM.

#53 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

I got one of these for my girlfriend's brother, and one for myself so he could have someone to fight. They're a load of fun, but they do scuff fairly quickly. Still, I recommend them, they're a blast and seem pretty well made.

#54 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

I caved and bought both swords today (I hate having Christmas cash left over too long long, I spend it n really random shit). They have a rod of some sort running from the pommel to about an inch from the tip of the blade. The thing feel surprisingly sturdy given the foam construction. Also, the sound of the sword traveling through the air at any significant speed gives a gratifying "woosh" sound. Myabe it's lame, but I like them. Now if I can get them in a game of Assassins, or maybe HvZ. Nothing like going Wesley Snipes on some undead.
C8H18

#55 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Nothing like going Wesley Snipes on some undead.

Are you referring to the Blade trilogy? Effeminateness in the purest form.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#56 ASAP0511

ASAP0511

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

[font="Book Antiqua"]I think it's about speed. Like if some ones pointing a gun to your face and you have that sword, your fried.
I'd use a lighter mele weapon because those Nforce swords arn't that light. I'd use a plastic knife from one of those dollar stores.[/font]

#57 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

You necroed a topic to say you'd use a plastic knife?

Are you FUCKING serious?
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#58 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

He had 8 days before it became an official "Necro", really.

But he didn't add anything to the thread, so I guess it still kinda counts.

Anyways, I've been looking forawrd to actually getting on of these in my hands to see if they're as high-quality as everyone says. Haven't gotten the chance yet. Of course, I have my own ideas on how to make better swords (bigger, stronger, thicker) for myself.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#59 x I forgot which

x I forgot which

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

These really don't look bad. I actually just got validated, so this is my first post. :( On a side note, I'm a noob and even I know not to necro. So, yeah. I'm thinking of buying one and sticking an a2k inside the blade and running a tube to a CPVCed turret on the top. Might not be very funtional, but it would look cool as hell. If I do it, I'll tell you all how it works.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 8 2008, 07:57 AM) *

Killakit, during your stay here you've given me no reason to believe your not completely retarded. I'm the slightest infraction away from annoyance becoming unwillingness to coexist with you.

VACC

#60 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

...Foam Swords...are ...REALLY AWESOME
You can watch this really crappy nerf war video [by me] and more than half of it deals with "MASHOONGA"
(ask Baghead and Falcon for more info on that)

There's also [another crappy video...by me] of FALL CAFF :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgssSnGUnhs
watch 1:57 where SorrowX kills like 5 people with swords...its pure Effeminateness

EDIT: To Nobber, if I can find my old sig (one before this) then i'll change it... There...

Watari your videos make me wanna hang myself with a guitar string....no offense

Edited by foxdemon82, 01 February 2009 - 06:13 PM.

QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users