Photo

Parents ? Nerf

29 replies to this topic

#26 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

Excellent points made! If you can convince your parents that you are doing everything you can to make sure you are keeping safe, they may allow you to buy new guns. Btw, if your parents were truly paranoid about these possible dangers of Nerf guns, they probably would have banned nerf guns altogether in your household. I don't want to be mean or anything, but I am still confused over why your parents would limit your guns rather than ban them altogether.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#27 N3maN

N3maN

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 06:33 AM

i have some parental probs 2........ i wanna get some guns but there are hardly any in aus... and i have considered buying some off some people here... as u might know... but if i just sudddenly get a big package mailed to me one day... my parents will go ape..... any ideas???

#28 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 02:32 PM

Well if you let them know what you are doing then they will be expecting the package. I don't think you should try to deceive them or do stuff behind their backs, parents really freak out when you do that (generally speaking that is). I know it is difficult as parents can be stubborn but reasoning might be your best option, an in depth explanation of what nerfing is. It's not just shooting people with bits of foam but also the modification of the foam dart launchers. This envelops tool usage, physics and common sense, all things that parents should encourage their children in.

Not only that but nerfing encourages physical activity so you won't be sitting around playing the x-box all the time. It's a healthy activity in moderation. An excess of anything can be bad but I believe that nerfing fosters the development of a well-rounded individual. Nerfing amongst friends (not to be called a nerf war in front of parents) helps you develop the ability to think on your feet and lets you hone your reflexes. I’m sure there are many other positive aspects that can be mentioned? Can anyone add to this list?

#29 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 03:23 PM

Also parents want you to learn about tools. No parent wants to raise a son who doesn't know how to use a screw driver.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#30 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 04:17 PM

Nerf builds teamwork, cooperation and communication skills, which are essential in the workplace. Nerf also improves hand eye coordination and is a much healthier alternative to video games and comic books.

Edited by Nello, 24 January 2004 - 04:19 PM.

"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users