29 replies to this topic

#1 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts
  • State:California

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:08 PM

My parents don't mind me nerfing. They definately think it's better than me with paintball or airsoft guns, and they like that I'm becoming more proficient with tools. I have only four guns, and they won't let me get any more. Is there anything I can say that will convince them?

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#2 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:10 PM

Well. You can get some pretty awesome guns around, for like $5.00. You could save up your money for maby two days and buy one. Or is the problem they won't take you to buy some, or won't let you period?

Edited by Ranger, 20 January 2004 - 08:11 PM.

n00bs with n00b t00bs.. You'll know what I'm talking about if you play Enemy Territory.

#3 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:22 PM

No no no no no no, and, no. I don't think you understand. I have plenty of money (But that Arbor Longboard sure did drain the account...), but my parents won't let me actually BUY the guns. I can't spend money on them. I can buy brass and pvc and stuff, but I can't buy the guns.

Rnbw Cln

#4 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:25 PM

So like... your not allowed to buy them Period. 'Cause if thats the case I dunno how to help you. Is there any particular reason why you can't buy them?
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#5 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:52 PM

Kill your parents and wear their preserved flesh around the house like a fancy dress. Then just ask a friend to buy the guns for you and sneak them into your house. Then kill your friend and make your DOG wear HIS flesh. It'll be fuckin hilarious.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#6 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:00 PM

Kill your parents and wear their preserved flesh around the house like a fancy dress.  Then just ask a friend to buy the guns for you and sneak them into your house.  Then kill your friend and make your DOG wear HIS flesh.  It'll be fuckin hilarious.

Tried it once. My grandparents then murdered me and wore my skin. It was pretty traumatic.

My parents wouldn't let me either. Just keep begging.

Edited by IronRhino, 21 January 2004 - 06:28 PM.

She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#7 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:29 PM

Try asking them why. Then if they answer try to reason with them. And if they are ridiculously stubborn then just make some homemades, since you're allowed to buy the PVC and stuff. Oh yeah and then there's what Famine said, you could have a friend buy the guns for you, or you could buy the nerf gun yourself and then hide it.
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#8 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:31 AM

Tried it once. My parents then murdered me and wore my skin. It was pretty traumatic.

Dude, your parents are fucking hardcore.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:12 AM

Or I have a great idea. Start buying drugs, booze and whores with your money. Invite your dealers over for dinner, and bring the whores to your bedroom. I also suggest you change your name to Snake, and get a tattoo. Start beating your mom and keep your dad inline with a baseball bat, aluminum if possible.

Now after you have the stage all set. Have your drug dealer constantly grabbing your moms ass, throw a blanket over your lap with a whore underneith pleasuring you in the living room, and have at least two other girls mostly nude at each of your sides. Do this all in your living room with your Dad in the room.

Then just casually say, as you snort an 8 ball with the hooker pleasing you,

"You know, I just keep thinking, if you had let me bought more nerf guns, I wouldn't be as nearly successful as I am today."

I garantee, within ten seconds of you saying that, your former nerf barring will no longer apply. Problem solved.

In other words, parents suck.

Talio.

Edited by Talio, 21 January 2004 - 11:14 AM.

New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:19 AM

It's all relative... My son will inherit my 50+ guns in a few years.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#11 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:50 AM

It's all relative... My son will inherit my 50+ guns in a few years.

:( Lucky kid!
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#12 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:10 PM

From what you have said I don't see a problem. They said you can't buy them but did they say anything about acquiring them by other means? You could talk someone into giving you one, you could trade for it or you could even steal one. None of those options would involve you actually buying a gun.

You could always appeal to your dad and say something like you know I'd spend more time learning about tools and stuff if I had more projects that I was interested to work on. Converting a super soaker could be a good one and you could get your dad involved. Once he's involved then you shouldn't have a problem. Or like Talio said you could beat him with a baseball bat, the choice is yours. Seriously if you make it look educational you can get away with lots.

The way you approach them should reflect the reason that they don't want you buying any more guns. If they see it as a waste of money then you should hit thrift stores and keep the guns out of the landfill. If they say that it's violent and they are afraid you'll go berserky let them know that you aren't keeping secrets from them. If they say that they are Democrats and they just don't like guns then heaven help you because I don't know what you should do.

#13 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:32 PM

Bah. I'm a dem and I think guns are cool.

Besides, I wouldn't want to live in a country where only Republicans had guns. Scary thought.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#14 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:56 PM

Bah. I'm a dem and I think guns are cool.

Besides, I wouldn't want to live in a country where only Republicans had guns. Scary thought.

See now here is real evidence that Cxwq is really a liberal commie posing as an american. I mean the only liberals who would want guns are the ones who want to use them in a massive communist up rising.

That was a joke btw. The point is that political ideologies do not always translate to specific policy stances. I know Prolife liberals, and prochoice conservatives (like one or two). The left and right are only somewhat indicitive of one's policy positions.

It could be that Ice Nines parents just don't want him to have a metric crap ton of toys. If they continue to not letting you buy guns, build your own.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#15 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:12 PM

Seriously if you make it look educational you can get away with lots.

From my own experiences, I definately agree with that. :(
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#16 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:28 PM

I wasn't saying that all Democrats don't like guns just that if they are Democrats AND don't like guns then it's going to be a hard sell.

#17 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:20 PM

If they don't like guns regardless of political position then it's going to be a hard sell anyway.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#18 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:31 PM

Another strategy is to subtlely display that you don't like real guns and try and seperate Nerf guns from real guns. Hell, call them Nerf Blasters in front of your parents, even.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#19 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

I think that maybe I over did it when I sprayed my SM750 black and silver...

That may have something to do with it, because my mom claims that she read about a time when a police officer shot a kid with a nerf gun, because it was dark and he couldn't see if it was real or not.
I should try to explain it's nothing like a real gun, and it's harmless, except for a few welts and an open cut from a SM5000.

Rnbw Cln

#20 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:48 PM

Spray paint it hot pink and baby blue then. Then while your at it put daisys in your hair and walk around in tight short shorts with your hotpink and baby blue SM750. After that, ask your mom if she thinks a cop would shoot you now.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#21 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 07:04 PM

Spray paint it hot pink and baby blue then. Then while your at it put daisys in your hair and walk around in tight short shorts with your hotpink and baby blue SM750. After that, ask your mom if she thinks a cop would shoot you now.

My. Fucking. God. You're sick.
I need some spray paint. Neon pink and black, best color combination ever. Well, maybe not. I'm gonna paint all my guns that color. Well, maybe not.

Rnbw Cln

#22 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 07:05 PM

Where are the cops from. Because he might just get shot around here looking like that.

Edited by NinjaBob, 21 January 2004 - 07:08 PM.

facebook.com/gregdp

#23 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 02:44 AM

I am wondering how your parents heard the story about the cop and the kid with the nerf gun. Was it just something that they just "heard about" ? In my opinion, If someone says something that is meant to cause paranoia, I want credibility in their argument. If I don't get any credibility in a point being made, usually I start to not believe them. Try asking your parents where they found out about this story. If they are making it up, or don't have credible sources (news, police reports, etc.), you may be able to prove them wrong, and convince them to remove this nerf gun limit. Just giving my two cents worth.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#24 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

Back in the 80s when laser tag came out I remember news reports of some kid getting shot because some cop thought he was shooting at his friend. Most toy guns that remotely resemble real guns will all have a blaze orange ring on the tip of the barrel. This is to help cops identify toys in the field. If you paint an orange ring around the barrel and use some common sense (like not assulting the police or pointing a gun at them) then you should be pretty safe.

Oh yeah and you aren't Talio playing airsoft in the woods.

Edited by sporkboyofjustice, 22 January 2004 - 03:40 PM.

#25 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:57 PM

Tell your parents this; the overwhelming majority of children who are mistakenly shot by Police Officers are usually done so in one of the following two conditions:

1) It is night time thus harder to see. Make them aware that you don't Nerf at night (at least I've never heard of Night-Nerfing being popular, lose too many darts).

2) The child is using the toy in an allegedly threatening matter in some sort of Urban enviorment. Most Nerfing occurs in parks or suburban areas, most cops in such places don't suspect that a gang shoot-out is going down between the Bloods and Cribs over who gets to play on the slide and who has to play on seesaw.
~Famine
of Mag-7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users