Animals And Nerfing

That damn dog.....

31 replies to this topic

#26 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Do we REALLY have a thread about whether or not our pets like nerf darts? Seriously??? Y'know, nerfhq is there for a reason.

No no no sir! This thread is not about whether pets like nerf darts. This thread is more about what funny stories have come associating pets with nerf. I was going to place it in Off-Topic but since the General Nerf is anything related to nerf I figured that this fit into that description very nicely. If I was wrong to assume this, please inform me. So far this thread has produced little more then a few animal cruelty concerns anyway. (sarcasm of course)
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#27 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

My cat does the same thing as a lot of other people here, but he only goes after my red micro darts. After he "catches" them, he brings the shredded remains to me, thinking he has just gotten a kill.

-Upperhand

EDIT- People are also posting a lot about the led fishing weights, and wouldn't it be safer and less worrisome to just drive the extra distance to get some copper bb's at, say Dicks sporting goods? Or buy them online? And don't try to tell anyone you don't get internet...

Edited by UpperHand, 03 September 2008 - 06:17 PM.

My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#28 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

I once had a racoon in my trash can and we couldn't get it to go away with a broom so I shot it with a heavily modded night finder (I used stock darts) and it promply ran away. Maiby it was the sound more than the dart.
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#29 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

EDIT- People are also posting a lot about the led fishing weights, and wouldn't it be safer and less worrisome to just drive the extra distance to get some copper bb's at, say Dicks sporting goods? Or buy them online? And don't try to tell anyone you don't get internet...

Most nerfers consider fishing weights an improvement over BB's. I used to use BB weighted stefans, but they were difficult to work with because it takes 2-3 to properly weigh a dart. They move around and if they aren't aligned when you glue them in, your darts become unstable.

Fishing weights eliminate most of that hassel.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#30 PirateShow

PirateShow

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:56 PM

The foam itself, my assistant vet friend tells me, is quite probably inert and safe from a digestion point of view. And though a dart (or a chunk of one) could cause a blockage in the pipes, most canine digestive tracts are apparently pretty robust about poopin' out unwelcome guests of unusual size or shape. The real danger is in choking- apparently not a few pets die from sucking something down the wrong pipe.

The moral of the story, really, is this: if you've elected to care for an animal, don't be an asshole. Nerf is fun, but the awesomest modded OMFGROFLBBQ blaster is not as important as the well-being of your pet, so don't go about your hobby in a way that might endanger a dog or cat's life.
Biff! Pow! Whammo!

#31 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

The foam itself, my assistant vet friend tells me, is quite probably inert and safe from a digestion point of view. And though a dart (or a chunk of one) could cause a blockage in the pipes, most canine digestive tracts are apparently pretty robust about poopin' out unwelcome guests of unusual size or shape. The real danger is in choking- apparently not a few pets die from sucking something down the wrong pipe.

The moral of the story, really, is this: if you've elected to care for an animal, don't be an asshole. Nerf is fun, but the awesomest modded OMFGROFLBBQ blaster is not as important as the well-being of your pet, so don't go about your hobby in a way that might endanger a dog or cat's life.

Well said sir. And thank you. He ate some of them, I found them in his poo today. I swear if it fits in his mouth its down the pipes.

And no, I didnt test the damn darts you sick bastards.
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#32 Erin Jenna

Erin Jenna

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

My Boston Terrier eats the darts. Its really annoying because then she can't figure out why in the world she gets sick afterwards. She also eats crayons like crazy. I come home and my art box is open on the kitchen floor and crayon remains are strewn across the breakfast room and living area. Damn dog is so fat and ugly. But yet...I love her.

My brother, 19, who thinks Nerf is retarded, fell in love with a stock LS one day in my top bunk. I walked into my room finding him with the bipod down, scope on, and in a prone position, shooting at my hamsters cage. I didn't really mind because it was the asshole hamster who couldn't stop fucking escaping/chewing his metal cage.

That's quite mean. I'm sure your evil asshole hamster really didn't like it. He's probably going to be even more of an asshole now.
So there's a broken mirror on my bed. I'll clean it up, so what? You don't have to be such an asshole all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users