Photo

Poll: Which Of These Olympic Sports Should Not Be One?

racewalk, BMX, or ping pong?

38 replies to this topic

#26 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#27 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

Captainslug actually recommended use of the big Vulcan for shooting speedwalkers, and pointed out that video. I had seen it before, but still a good idea.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#28 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet.

Fucking awesome. One good thing about not being a youtube fan is that when there actually is a video good enough to be recommended to you, you get to enjoy it without having seen the piles of shit posted on that site.
Teehee.

#29 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

Dude, take out that run walk and put in NERF!

Have your 6 man nerf team, playing in custom courses with your modded guns. It would be awesome, because then no matter how dumb you would look, people would excuse it because you are an Olympiad.

I've seen Paintball matches on ESPN, they play on bounce tent structures with pillars and stuff. It would be cool to nerf on that kind of place.

It's called a speedball field ( a particular paintball game-type ). I'm sure some places would let you rent it at your local paintball course on a day when they are closed... it wouldn't be cheap.

#30 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

It's called a speedball field ( a particular paintball game-type ). I'm sure some places would let you rent it at your local paintball course on a day when they are closed... it wouldn't be cheap.

If you have the cash, speedball is hella fun. I used to be into paintball but it was too expensive, and when the place near me closed, I had no where to do it anymore.

#31 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

Ping pong should not be an olympic sport. Put in football instead.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#32 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

this whole thread is stupid.

I'm done.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#33 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

Table Tennis should in no way be an Olympic Sport. It's a fun game for the rec room and stuff, but it's just lame when it's an Olympic Sport. And where's the poll? This is like what, the third dumb thread you've made?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#34 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

It really surprises me that someone on a NERF forum would make a thread like this. Nerf is one of the most likely victims for "Not a sport" claims, especially by airsoft and paintball enthusiasts. If you wanted to make a topic that people wouldn't hate you for, you should have made "Getting the word out about Nerfing".

[/short rant]

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#35 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

It really surprises me that someone on a NERF forum would make a thread like this. Nerf is one of the most likely victims for "Not a sport" claims, especially by airsoft and paintball enthusiasts. If you wanted to make a topic that people wouldn't hate you for, you should have made "Getting the word out about Nerfing".

[/short rant]

in all honesty...nerf, airsoft and paint ball, are all pastimes...i wouldn't call any of them a sport.

but its funny, the MLG (major league gaming) is trying to make video gaming a sport.
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#36 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

MLG is NOT a sport. Just because you spend hours upon hours of your "life" training for a match doesn't make it a sport by any definition of the word. Its more like a...sponsored hobby. Sure some of the teams are excellent but come on. You play a game, don't move, don't break a sweat unless you got lights on you, and there is little to no body movement (thumbs and index fingers don't count). Not a sport.

I think that every Olympic game present has earned its way into the games. Except poker, not a sport, just a hobby.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#37 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

I think we should all accept the definition that if it is a competition which relies on skill and not luck, then it's a sport. Or we could all just stop talking about it and wasting our lives. I can't believe I actually read all this and am now posting in this thread...<gets up to go outside to range/accuracy test a favorite NERF creation>.

#38 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

I think that every Olympic game present has earned its way into the games. Except poker, not a sport, just a hobby.

I apologize if I am misreading what you're saying, but poker isn't in the Games. There was a petition for it to be in the '04 Games, but it was not successful.

#39 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

I think it's ridiculous that so many people say table tennis should not be an Olympic sport. Just watch one match on TV, not YouTube, where you can see the amazing amount of spin and accuracy those Olympians hit the ball with.

Yeah sure, everyone has played a game or two or ping-pong, that doesn't mean it's the same level of play and game style as in the Olympics. I've swam laps in a pool, should I go tell Michael Phelps that swimming isn't a sport because an average Joe-Shmo like me can do it? NO, that's complete bull shit.

Table tennis is very similar to tennis and other racket sports, with the exception of running. But, it's more difficult in a way because you only have about 10 feet to react to the ball with a much greater amount of spin compared to the large tennis court or anything else. Plus it requires a higher level of hand-eye coordination because of the smaller ball and paddles.

I don't like these opinion threads because everyone comes from a different background and defend a different sport. Why can't we just accept that they are all sports and just deal with it?

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users