Photo

How To Paint Nerf Guns.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

Hello, I have realised that many people do not know how to paint Nerf guns so i am going going to help you.

Things you will need
The Nerf gun you are painting
The colour/s
Primer (make as similer to the paint you are using especially on high friction places)
Purity Seal
Masking tape/Teflon tape
Screwdriver

First unscrew your gun
and lay them like so
Posted Image

Then put primer all over the gun
Posted Image
Add a couple of coats then

then if you are doing 2 or more colours mask all the smaller parts you are paint
and paint the larger parts first .

I coverd (forgotten how to spell :blink: ) up the handle because that is smaller
Posted Image

Then start painting (do in in strokes .Spray with hand hovering over the gun while moving to side . eg: hand moves from left to right then stop spraying then go back and do it again.
Posted Image

Then keep on doing it untill its the right colour

wait to dry

Mask up the bit you just painted and start painting the next part

when it is dry hand paint any imperfections then spray a generous amount of Purity Seal all over the gun
wait to dry
Then screw your gun up and tadaa you just painted your gun

My result
Posted Image

Any questions ? Dont be hesitant to ask

Thanks
Natbeanz

Edited by Natbeanz, 14 September 2008 - 05:01 PM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#2 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

PS : Sorry about you having to click for the image
Know any free image hosting websites apart from image shack

Use Photobucket, then use the included tags to make the images "magically" appear in your post.

On another note I'm not really sure if anyone DOESN'T know how to paint a nerf gun at this point (except if you're under 13 or so, and shouldn't be here in the first place). Some people don't like to paint up their guns because it's a hassle. Others prefer vinyl dye since it doesn't add any extra dimension to the gun's components. Realistically the only thing that people need help with at this point is product recommendations and maybe a guide or two on how to professionally mask a gun for painting. For example I can tell you that Krylon Fusion Metallic Shimmer works great and doesn't need primer, but normal Krylon Fusion (i.e. white) has a tendency to wear off and yellow with clear coat. I can also say that if you want the BEST possible paint finish on your Nerf gun that you should (from what I've heard) purchase a high-quality plastic primer and Dupli-Color automotive paint. Spray light, even coats and wet-sand with 400 grit paper between coats. Same goes for the clearcoat. At least that's what I've heard.

-Ta10n

Primary: LS Tactical (http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12500)
Secondary: Clipped Maverick

Future Projects:

Doing something with my gutted SM5K

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

Well, it's not a bad guide, but there are some places you could have improved upon.
First of all, you should'nt use Masking tape. Paint usually bleeds through that, and makes you PJ look crappy.
Second, when masking, make sure to use an exacto knife to cut off any excess tape.
Third, you could have been more descriptive on how to do things. Just little extra bits of information. Like how you want to line up the tape, how you will want to evenly spray the paint, just basic stuff that people might not know how to do. Like you said: "Then put primer all over the gun." You could have said what kind of primer it is, and how much you want to put on.
Oh, and photobucket is a great site for image hosting. Just enter the IMG code of your image that appears on your site.
EDIT: Ta10n beat me.

Edited by Bomberman, 15 August 2008 - 03:46 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

PS : Sorry about you having to click for the image
Know any free image hosting websites apart from image shack

Use Photobucket, then use the included tags to make the images "magically" appear in your post.

On another note I'm not really sure if anyone DOESN'T know how to paint a nerf gun at this point (except if you're under 13 or so, and shouldn't be here in the first place). Some people don't like to paint up their guns because it's a hassle. Others prefer vinyl dye since it doesn't add any extra dimension to the gun's components. Realistically the only thing that people need help with at this point is product recommendations and maybe a guide or two on how to professionally mask a gun for painting. For example I can tell you that Krylon Fusion Metallic Shimmer works great and doesn't need primer, but normal Krylon Fusion (i.e. white) has a tendency to wear off and yellow with clear coat. I can also say that if you want the BEST possible paint finish on your Nerf gun that you should (from what I've heard) purchase a high-quality plastic primer and Dupli-Color automotive paint. Spray light, even coats and wet-sand with 400 grit paper between coats. Same goes for the clearcoat. At least that's what I've heard.

-Ta10n

I made it for all the new members (and nerf) because they most likely dont know how to do it

Edited by Natbeanz, 15 August 2008 - 04:02 PM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#5 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

I suppose so. Although practically all of that (except for disassembly and masking) could be found on the side of your average spray paint can. Otherwise it could be helpful to those with little to no prior spray-paint exposure (can't name any off the top of my head). Oh well, I guess I can't use my knowledge and experiences to speak for everyone here.

Wait, I just did

Damn it.

Crap.

Knuts.

:insert explosion, etc.:

-Ta10n

Primary: LS Tactical (http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12500)
Secondary: Clipped Maverick

Future Projects:

Doing something with my gutted SM5K

#6 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:28 AM

Not that I don't appreciate what you're trying to do for those less talented than you, but doing this for "newer members" doesn't really work when you yourself are relatively new. Not that I'm an old member either but it is somewhat hypocritical.

Edited by Poseidon, 16 August 2008 - 09:29 AM.

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users