The lord of Gunslinger

16 replies to this topic

#1 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

So recently, I was in Atlanta and I stopped into a Rite Aid pharmacy. I went to the toy’s section and what do I find? A supermaxx Buzzer Air Bazooka. It wasn’t really The SBAB but it was a rip-off called the “Air Bazooka”. It has the same internals and externals as the SBAB so I am just going to call it that. The only difference I noticed is that the blue is darker and the pump handle is gray rather than orange. Anyways, let’s get on to the write-up. The write-up will be in to sections. The first section will be about the performance, and the second part will be for cosmetics.

Posted Image
Pry off the orange ring on the end of the barrel.

Posted Image
The internals look pretty simple.

Posted Image
Take out the firing system.

Posted Image
With a good twist the stock barrel should come off. We will work with the barrel later, for now it is time to deal with the flimsiness of the pumping handle.

The pumping handle is the epitome of weak handles. Ten pumps in and it snapped off.

Posted Image
(if broken) Epoxy handle back to rod and drill a hole strait through the bottom screw hole, and two holes in the rod.

Posted Image
Thread two zip ties through the holes as shown in the picture.

Posted Image
Pull the plunger out of the air chamber and don’t let it touch fabric. (It is slathered in some sort of gel).

Posted Image
There is a hole on the front of the plunger, fill this hole with hot glue.

Posted Image
The barrel setup should be like this.

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL SECOND POST TO ADD COMENTS!

Posted Image
Rig a trigger setup like the one shown. The string ties to the red piece and is threaded through a washer and attached to a key ring. When the key ring is pulled, the gun fires.

Posted Image
A close up of the washer.

Posted Image
Now, to make this gun look like a large pistol, we need to move the whole firing system up. The internals will look like this. All of his needs to go save for a few screw holes.

Posted Image
This is what it should look like when gutted.

Remove any parts you need for the firing system to fit. Place it at a point where the new trigger is where the stock trigger used to be. Put the gun together and saw the Bazooka shell off up to the third orange bar. The finished product will look like this.

Before,
Posted Image

After,
Posted Image

With Barrel.
Posted Image

Looking down barrel.
Posted Image

I named this gun the Samaritan after watching Hellboy and seeing his huge pistol called the Samaritan.

Questions? Comments? Feel free to post them.

A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 06 August 2008 - 06:36 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

Nice. What are the ranges of it?

Edited by Dayko, 06 August 2008 - 06:37 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

Ranges are tricky. With 40 pumps it gets 100 feet if you pull the trigger fast enough. If you don't pull it fast enough, it seeps out to slow and doesn't fire. It takes a little bit to get used to, but I can do it now.

A side of nerf

#4 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

Maybe if you try a longer barrel you will get better ranges with less pumps. Try about a ten inch to a twelve inch barrel.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

Hahaha. Very cool. Nice write up.
This actually wouldn't be allowed in gunslinger because it's not a spring gun. At least those were the rules for the 3 rounds at Apoc.
Teehee.

#6 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

It looks like a Blue Cyclone from Perfect dark. Nice! Though 40 pumps does seem a bit troublesome in a war for one good shot.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#7 GMD

GMD

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

I also got that gun but in camo cut of the same things as you did but did not fix the broken handle ( 2 min's til it brok -_- ) so thanks for the post
oh ya i have the medical condition dysgraphia and that means i have bad spelling and grammar and cant help it so please dont juge me, i try my best

#8 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

Yeah it's not very war practical but screw practicality, I have a huge pistol! Another gun it looks like is the Caster Gun from Outlaw Star. I really want to hear what you guys have to say about this gun, so feel free to post.

A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 06 August 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#9 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

In my opinion it isn't very good. A bbbb gets the same ranges with under ten pumps (I think) as opposed to 40.
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

I was completely and utterly let down by this topic. It said "The Samaritan". I was expecting an awesome nerf version of the samaritan from Hellboy.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#11 crinal123

crinal123

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

Your barrel looks a tid bit crooked. Cool though.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 4 2008, 09:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#12 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:29 AM

I was going to do this but decided not to because mine had such a bad leak you couldn't pump it.
So, nice mod.

#13 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:47 AM

Thanks guys, I am thinking about putting another guns internals into this one, maybe a bbbb to increase range. I will post internal pictures later, (the real barrel setup).

A side'

#14 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

You DO know Gunslinger is only played with single shot spring pistols right?

Anyways, good job making it more compact.

Edited by Galaxy613, 07 August 2008 - 09:13 AM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#15 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

Ranges are tricky. With 40 pumps it gets 100 feet if you pull the trigger fast enough. If you don't pull it fast enough, it seeps out to slow and doesn't fire. It takes a little bit to get used to, but I can do it now.

A side of nerf

Yeah the same thing happens to my titan, you have to really mash the trigger to get it to fire properly.

Anyways, on topic the minimization looks pretty nice but I would suggest to stuff a rag in there and cover it with Etape to stabilize the barrel, plus it would make it look nicer.

And, i'm pretty sure that wouldn't be counted as a pistol, just a minimized primary.

But, Nevertheless, nice mod.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#16 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

You DO know Gunslinger is only played with single shot spring pistols right?

Anyways, good job making it more compact.

Yeah I just remeber someone at SENO using a splitfire and I thought it looked like a pistol so I called it that, but no I wouldn't use it in gunslinger.

-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 07 August 2008 - 04:49 PM.

#17 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

I used to have one of these a while back. I picked it up at the Goodwill. I opened it up, and immediately hated everything about it. The square airtank was just just plain stupid, the firing mechanism didn't allow a BIC Pec mod, the trigger also opened a tiny bit and give it terrible airflow, and the pump took up way too much room for how small it was. I trashed it after experimenting with it a bit and getting like 40-50 feet out of it, then it leaked a ton.

Awesome job on getting some use out of it. I especially like the new trigger you gave it. That was a unique idea that really helped it out a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users