Summer's End

169 replies to this topic

#51 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

Well, since no one else from Steel City posted (and yet you were nice enough to mention us, Groove), I'll go ahead and say that I can't attend any long-distance wars during the fall and spring semesters. Plus, I currently do not have the gas money for such a long trip.

And, although I really can't speak for them, I would say that the rest of SCN is likely to be in a similar situation.

I hope to attend DCNO and/or APOC next summer, though (along with other members of SCN, hopefully)...I should be able to save up enough gas money by then.

And I really wanted one of those NerfSTRONG bracelets, too...

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#52 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

I may be able to make it, however I'm not too familiar with the area.

If everyones favorite youtube star wouldn't mind me following him, I should be able to go.

Edited by Gears, 25 August 2008 - 07:27 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#53 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

If everyones favorite youtube star wouldn't mind me following him, I should be able to go.

Holy Jesus Fucking Christ
I hate you.

#54 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

And I really wanted one of those NerfSTRONG bracelets, too...

No worries, I'll be offering them up for sale to people that can't or don't attend wars, and I'll be making a separate thread in the Trading Forum for that. That's a little ways off, though. Rough estimates are $4-5 per band.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#55 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

Relax. As I noticed, ass kissing works well in the long run.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#56 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

Relax. As I noticed, ass kissing works well in the long run.

I laughed my ass off when I read this. Yeah, the day before the war, I will give you the address of where I'm leaving, and you can follow me.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#57 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the advice about small sized nerf wars. I am trying to book a flight as we speak. Its annoying though as you cant fly alone unless you are <15. I am trying to figure something out though. If I cant make this one , I will probably start a fall MASS war just because flights are a lot cheaper to Mass. then to Maine. Hopefully I can make it out to this one though. :D

#58 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

FURTHER MISUSE OF LESS THAN/GREATER THAN SYMBOLS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

I've been working on ProjectNerf again. The code......I think it smells my fear.

What the deal with the Jersey Contingent? Alice is skipping this one for some kind of fungus festival or something, so I'm bacheloring it up.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#59 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

You better get your handsome ass down here for some good old fashioned Nerfing. If Alice won't be around, does that mean I can slap you on your ass when you walk by? On a side note, what's with this new trend of copying Badger's warning in his signature and changing the adjective? I find it mildly amusing and annoying at the same time.

-Groove

PS ~ Oh well, I've always been a whore for trends.

#60 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

As of right now, Talio and I are carpooling down, and DS and OMC may or may not join us. They haven't really gotten back to me in a while. Either of you decide anything?
Teehee.

#61 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

On a side note, what's with this new trend of copying Badger's warning in his signature and changing the adjective? I find it mildly amusing and annoying at the same time.

I started it a couple of weeks ago when I was listening to the Eagles while reading a Badger-rant. I think Pinney picked it up right away. Who else has it?

As of right now, Talio and I are carpooling down, and DS and OMC may or may not join us. They haven't really gotten back to me in a while. Either of you decide anything?

Well I'll see what they're doing. If they can't give me a ride, and they aren't joining you and Talio, then I'll swing by and give you guys a ride in the Langleymobile. When were you guys planing on leaving? I was thinking Friday night, and I'm pretty sure I've got a spot to crash at Dean's but I don't remember if that's certain or not.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#62 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

This looks like yet another awesome DCNO. I'll be able to meet the nerf viking. :D Sometimes, I'm glad to be in the DC area.

*Edit* I changed my sig a bit to conform to this new fad. :lol:

Edited by Galaxy613, 26 August 2008 - 08:53 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#63 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

<----------- has no shame when it comes to sigs.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#64 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:54 AM

I'll do my best. At this point, it looks like I'll probably make it, but put me on the maybes for now.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#65 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

I'm gonna try and make it out there for my first war, sign me up for Maybes +1, although I have a feeling my parents will embarrass me to an unthinkable extent.
Or not.

Edited by angelof_DEATH182, 28 August 2008 - 01:19 AM.

#66 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

Things are lookin' good for me. My parents say there is a good chance I could make it. Ill know by next Wed. I sure hope I can come. Cant Wait.

Thanks for Understanding.

Jack

#67 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

Just because I'm coming doesn't mean THIRST is. Do remember we don't live together anymore. He'll be down at school in South Carolina.
Tyranny Response Team

#68 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

Just because I'm coming doesn't mean THIRST is. Do remember we don't live together anymore. He'll be down at school in South Carolina.

But aren't you guys like the same person?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#69 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

Oh, CrankTHIRST! You're so silly sometimes.

-Groove

#70 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

What's an airport code Rockville isn't working.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#71 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

If I recall correctly Dulles is the closest major airport to Rockville - around a thirty minute drive.

#72 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

IAD - Dulles International

Reagan is too expensive and BWI is rather far away and not any cheaper. I live only 15 minutes from IAD.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 30 August 2008 - 09:10 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#73 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Ok if I did come I would be accompanied by an adult seeing as I'm only 13. I would need lodging and some one to drive me aroundseing as 2 tick ets round trip is 500.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#74 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:07 AM

I live in the area, so I should probably make some form of an appearance. I just need to confirm my schedule.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#75 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

Anyone traveling down from the north (ie NJ or PA) should contact me so we can figure out a carpool/travel plan soon.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users